1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 16 hours, 13 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 7 hours, 46 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 9 hours, 13 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 0 hours, 46 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'm starting to actually love it when things go bad in dungeons when I go PLD, lol. Yesterday I was doing dungeon roulette for "adventurer in need" bonus and got Bardam's Mettle. We got to the first boss, Garula. Well, that mechanic wher he puts a tether on one of the players and and they need to run in to one of the packs of the animals on the edge one shot the healer at 80%. So it was just me, and SAM, and a BLM left. I attempted to keep us alive, lost the SAM around a little after the healer and me and the BLM duo'd the rest of the boss to completion.

Just this morning I got Temple of the Fist. On the last boss healer got targeted with that move where everyone needs to stack. I jumped in but DPS stayed on the boss and apparently I wasn't enough to keep the healer alive. I ended up keeping me and the DPS alive through most of the run. I lost the BLM around around 30%, and lost the MNK to another stacking mechanic around 5% just as he was using LB and lost it. And I finished it off. CLEMENCY IS SO FUCKING OP NOW!!!! :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

LONG LIVE PLD FOREVER!!

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

It's really a bitch that the three expert dungeons are synced to 310 right now. I'm fairly sure I could solo every boss in all of them except for the twin Coeurls if I wasn't synced.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

double

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post
    It's really a bitch that the three expert dungeons are synced to 310 right now. I'm fairly sure I could solo every boss in all of them except for the twin Coeurls if I wasn't synced.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Ala Mhigo would be a pain in the ass I think. I soloed the last 50% of Zenos the other day after the healer fell asleep and the two DPS killed each other with the red sword move. You can live through his ultimate but once he starts just spamming Concentravity it gets hard to keep enough MP for Clemency.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    Huh. All this time I guess I just haven't been paying attention.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

4.0 PLD in FFXIV is the new 75 cap RDM from FFXI.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Both essentially equally geared atm, WAR runs circles around my PLD solo wise

Cloak & Dagger
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Demenic Altreas
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post
    Well now you just gotta do it.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I've never really done the overmeld thing for combat classes, but I'm having fun running dungeons on my paladin. So I'm going to make a round of the 320 chromite gear for my pld. What should I be melding on to everything?

edit: I assume some selection of det, direct hit, and tenacity

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

I think full DH is what you want, but I haven't paid a lot of attention so someone else can correct me if I'm wrong. I think for accessories it's STR and then DH in the rest.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yah I saw that rings could add like +65 strength after I posted that so thought I might get that response.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

T6 STR T6 DH T5 DHx3 is what you want on accessories in that order because you cannot overmeld core stats anymore such as str/vit/etc.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    You're obviously a main mage. Try maining something that uses TP and you will sing a different song.
    Late, but no, main NIN, and run several characters maining one of every role. Of course I see the upside to the change; the downside is just much worse in most places where it matters.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Ok, leveling WHM at the moment, I just had my first run through Castrum Abania as WHM. And I officially want to strangle EVERY SINGLE healer who healed me through that dungeon as PLD. On the last boss, the DoT from Ketu Slash and Rahu Slash in Esuna-able.... I NEVER ONCE got an Esuna running it on my PLD and that DoT SUCKS. I just assumed they weren't doing it because it was one of those debuffs that doesn't come off and you just had to eat the damage. -_-; /endrant

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

All esuna-able effects have a white bar above them

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So, I've been playing around with Clemency a bit more on trash pulls and tank busters. Since Flash is so cheap and Holy Spirit usually isn't worth using when fight a lot of trash, I really don't use much of my MP at on trash pulls any more. So, mostly on bigger trash pulls, in addition to mitigation, I will usually poop out a Clemency if I am still taking a decent chunk of damage. I still spam Total Eclipse on 4+ mobs, but I keep a sharper eye on my HP at the same time. If I have a WHM that knows how to use Holy, I can actually keep my HP capped long enough to finish the pull with the stun effect it has, assuming good DPS.

On tank busters, I usually just used Sheltron + either Reprisal/Rampart/Sentinel/Convalesence. Now right after that I follow it up with a Clemency. it actually helps take a bit of pressure off the healers, usually at most I only need a Cure 1 to top me off after a tank buster now(if that). Giving them more time to DPS. The only thing I give up in my rotation for this is 1 Holy Spirit. So I always have MP for a Clemency, if needed. Handling tank busters this way also lets Requiescat become a pinch CD for for mitigation, also, if needed. Most of the time it's not and I can just use it on my Holy Spirit spam. But on rare occasions it has come in handy as a buff for Clemency.

I am definitely noticing a ton of DPS uptime from healers I run with in dungeons/raids using these tactics.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Clamency also interrupts combos yeah? so you're probably not doing great dps on single targets like this :^( healers are supposed to heal and you just keep pressing 123

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post
    Clamency also interrupts combos yeah? so you're probably not doing great dps on single targets like this :^( healers are supposed to heal and you just keep pressing 123
    According to SE, yes. Healers are supposed to heal. But also, on that same page, according to SE, tanks are supposed to tank. Just as for healers, healing is first and DPS is second. You can technically say the same thing about tanks. Holding hate and taking as little damage as possible is number one, DPS is second. If the two coordinate and meet in the middle it should be better for the group as a whole.

You talk about how we just 1-2-3, 1-2-3. We aren't robots, man. We are humans. Our ability to evolve and think outside the box is what put us where we are on the earth right now. And it makes PLD even more fun than just 1-2-3, 1-2-3, lol.

Just as a note, I am aware of my combos. I don't interrupt unless I absolutely have to.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Healing yourself on big pulls is one thing, but it's costing you more raid DPS to heal yourself on bosses than your healer gains by not healing you. PLD's potency per GCD is too high to justify losing a GCD (and a Holy Spirit cast) for your healer to cast one spell.