1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 7 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 52 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 11 hours, 7 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 22 hours, 52 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rozaria Eleanor
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

no worry there is still the lvl60 ones

Does Sheltron build faster n Sword Oath?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kurai Entreri
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Aint been on since 3.07 so it sounds like PLD is back in favor?
    All I remember is ARR WAR were the joke slot. then HW something happened and PLD was frowned upon.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rozaria Eleanor
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

war wasn't joke in ARR, only it was bad at start of ARR patch 2.0

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by AlastorTGN View Post
    Does Sheltron build faster n Sword Oath?
    Meter in sword oath is built by auto attacks, in shield its shield blocks, holy spirit gives you 20 meter per cast, you can cast it 5 times before running oom so you can fill your meter to full and sheltron twice with a full mp bar, you can also spam the fuck out of the spell in shield oath if you're main tank.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

What's Holy Spirit? I'm 57, should I know the answer to that?

It's a casting spell PLD gets in Stormblood, it's really good.

And, how reliable would people say Intervention is compared to Blackest Night with DRK? I heard about the 'Provoke and Shirk' combo today and if it's true it feels this alongside the PLD/DRK OT shielding has eliminated any sort of need for tank swaps in optimal play for good, I'm not great at this game but is this true?

EDIT - Also, does this hurt WAR in any way as a potential OT? Or if PLD/DRK OT is so good and aggro isn't a thing, maybe WAR is now a good Deliverence MT? I know people were saying that stance dance hurts WAR too much gauge-wise, this sounds like it could help.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

With a NIN and or SAM in group a WAR can be cycled out. Stance dancing really hurts WAR, I am not sure about DRK but PLD it doesn't really affect it that much.

Only thing I dislike about the whole change is that Holy Spirit gains no benefit from the slashing debuff, but on the other hand, the Paladin can almost be under some kind of damage enhancer.

Holy Spirit giving gauge while in Shield Oath seems strange but good at the same time. Would have been nice to remove it and instead have successful parries give 5, blocks give 10 (?). No idea.

Total Eclipse having no enmity gain to it is kinda' annoying, maybe I really am just trash now.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I'd rather have a reliable way to generate meter with Holy Spirit so I know I can Sheltron/Intervention when I need to.

You can't treat Total Eclipse as an easy-mode spam button like WAR and DRK AoEs, it wasn't meant to be used like that. I prefer it without the enmity honestly because it would make AoEing with another tank a pain in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by AlastorTGN View Post
    Total Eclipse having no enmity gain to it is kinda' annoying, maybe I really am just trash now.
    Circle of Scorn and Flash both do considerable threat. If you are in shield oath you really won't need extra emnity on it. If you are in sword oath, it isn't any worse than it used to be?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Been hearing that PLD's damage isn't OP like people thought. PLD and DRK are roughly even in damage.

So what is a good OT rotation right now? I'm guessing try to keep up Goring 100% of the time and cast HS while FoF is oof CD as much as possible with RA as 'filler'? I'm not really the type of guy who makes up rotations.

Also, looking online, still a lot people who are holding onto Slaying Alex Accs which leaves them 6000 hp under what I have right now, they have Susano and Lakshmi gear too so it must not hold them back that much. Feels like SE have fucked up with Tanks stat scaling again.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Holy Spirit doesn't benefit from Fight or Flight, and spamming it outside of when the Requiescat buff is up is probably costing you too much damage (a regular weaponskill plus the AA damage you lose for two seconds of casting).

No, that's what I mean, are we simply using GBand RA in FoF and HS in Req? And when Rew is off cd we just use RA and GB again?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Right now I'm rolling with FoF+GB > RA > RA > GB+Req > Holy Spiritx5 and then back to GB > x2 RA until FoF's back up, rinse and repeat. I do wonder if an extra Holy Spirit could be thrown in based on MP regen rate in this combo, but this way you definitely do have 5 full Holy Spirits loaded for Req.

Quote Originally Posted by Carth View Post
    Been hearing that PLD's damage isn't OP like people thought. PLD and DRK are roughly even in damage.
    any news on warrior parses?

Quote Originally Posted by Ismenian View Post
    Right now I'm rolling with FoF+GB > RA > RA > GB+Req > Holy Spiritx5 and then back to GB > x2 RA until FoF's back up, rinse and repeat. I do wonder if an extra Holy Spirit could be thrown in based on MP regen rate in this combo, but this way you definitely do have 5 full Holy Spirits loaded for Req.
    Someone on Reddit pointed out that it's better to lead with Req and HS because it's stronger, and the following FoF GB - RA - RA - GB will refill MP, does that sound solid?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

I did some very brief testing on Tenacity - namely, the purported damage reduction aspect of it, by just running up and letting some random level 61 mob smack me a few times with and without accessories on, and the results are - um, less than promising.

At 1091 tenacity: 1260 1323 1245 1269
    At 984 Tenacity: 1289 1316 1277 1257 1323

Whilst not nearly enough of a sample size to remotely figure out what the exact worth of the stat is, 107 tenacity does not seem to be a significant value - and end-game accessories let you get about three times that amount on your right side total if you gear for it. It didn't particularly affect my damage output either, though that much is probably unsurprising as it's a secondary stat and thus not weighted super highly. And seeing as how level cap accessories don't seem to have a particularly high amount of tenacity on them...

I think it might actually be less of a damage reduction than parry was and that's kind of sad. Again, more in-depth testing will have to be done, but the short version of it seems to be that Tenacity has such a marginal impact that the damage reduction part of it can be safely disregarded. I don't think we'll go back to a str accessory meta though, since it seems you can meld strength onto the new tank accessories and that plus secondaries should be enough to...um, come closeish to the i270 slaying stuff.