1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 2 hours, 19 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 21 hours, 40 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 19 hours, 19 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 14 hours, 40 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
    Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Method to download update files for people at LAN party

Is there a way to download the Stormblood update files once and distribute them directly? I have multiple people over for a LAN party and my connection is not the fastest.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I would imagine the best thing to do is to have 1 person just do the download (while no one else eats up the bandwidth) and then use ethernet/router connections to just copy and paste the updated FFXIV folder from PC to PC through shared access. When I got my new PC, transferring the entire game (including HW) of about 25+GB's took half an hour that way. And given this update is only going to be about 10~14GBs or so, should be pretty quick

Edit: On Windows 10 I had to create a home group, then using admin, give permission for certain folders to be shareable to everyone in the home group (IE, my new PC). And then people just needed to join that home group and viola. They can find the "Final Fantasy - A Realm Reborn" folder in the Square Enix directory and just copy/paste it over their own old one

Edit2: Through wifi, I read the transfer rate of data is like 10MBPS, where as directly connected via ethernet I was getting a transfer rate of around 110MBPS, so waaaaaaaay faster.

Edit3: And by directly connected, I mean I had ethernet setup from PC -> Modem/Router -> Other PC, and not just PC -> PC. I dunno if direct PC to PC would work, I didn't really look into it lol

Just download the game at home before you meet up for the Lan party? I guess would be the best way

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kurai Entreri
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    Edit2: Through wifi, I read the transfer rate of data is like 10MBPS, where as directly connected via ethernet I was getting a transfer rate of around 110MBPS, so waaaaaaaay faster.

Edit3: And by directly connected, I mean I had ethernet setup from PC -> Modem/Router -> Other PC, and not just PC -> PC. I dunno if direct PC to PC would work, I didn't really look into it lol
    Wifi depends on a few things. 2.4ghz vs 5ghz, vs N, AC, dual band, etc.
    Ethernet with gigabit is the best bet.
    I had my daughters PC connected to a T100 port switch, a file xfer said something around 45 mins. i disconnected it it, put a 1gb switch instead and was only 6 minutes.