+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Amazon Buys Whole Foods     submit to reddit submit to twitter

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    Mexican and Asian markets definitely have the cheapest meat but you can tell that it's like that for a reason.
    Idk dude, Super King's (international market chain here) meat section is a thing of dreams. That shit has everything from hooves to tongues. And while the meat is not the best of the best, it is still really good for a good price.

They are Mediterranean based rather than Mexican or Asian, though.

With that said, now that I am no longer near an SK and stuck in bland land, this:

I think Stater Bros. is generally the best price point among chain stores.
    Has been where I get my meat, and I agree their prices are solid.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Idk dude, Super King's (international market chain here) meat section is a thing of dreams. That shit has everything from hooves to tongues. And while the meat is not the best of the best, it is still really good for a good price.

They are Mediterranean based rather than Mexican or Asian, though.
    I mean I agree you will find more things at 99 Ranch, Villarta, Super King, etc. but to me it's all stuff I'd want to cook thoroughly. It's great for things like braises, stews, crock pots, etc. But if I'm getting a steak I'm going to Stater Bros. and if I want seafood where the quality is important (like something besides store deep fried tilapia) I'm going to pay the extra dollar per pound to get it at H-Mart.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    Yeaaaa....Depends on what pony you bet on. I know enough that this acquisition is going to be a hard gut punch to one of the players in this market who was already on the ropes more than people know. Next 6 months are going to be ugly.
    I'm assuming you're talking about Kroger. Otherwise idk.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

I love Amazon! Lately though they have been using USPS sometimes in my area in NY and its annoying. They should just stick with UPS. I've used Amazon Pantry and Prime now a few times. Pantry isn't that great, I only used it because they gave me some credit towards it but the food is more expensive usually than normal stores.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

What the fuck are you even talking about?

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

What the topic is about you idiot.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    I mean I agree you will find more things at 99 Ranch, Villarta, Super King, etc. but to me it's all stuff I'd want to cook thoroughly. It's great for things like braises, stews, crock pots, etc. But if I'm getting a steak I'm going to Stater Bros. and if I want seafood where the quality is important (like something besides store deep fried tilapia) I'm going to pay the extra dollar per pound to get it at H-Mart.

I think we are going to have to agree to disagree here. I used to get NY steaks from SK all the time and they were just as good as the steaks I get from Stater Bros.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    What the topic is about you idiot.
    The topic is on amazon buying whole foods to use it for Pantry and your talking about USPS/UPS deliveries, which to my knowledge don't even affect Amazon pantry/fresh.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

He's saying that some of his orders are shipped via USPS, which generally means it's slower/shittier service. Add a whole new grocery chain to that and it might get worse.

He wasn't that hard to understand lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    The topic is on amazon buying whole foods to use it for Pantry and your talking about USPS/UPS deliveries, which to my knowledge don't even affect Amazon pantry/fresh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    He's saying that some of his orders are shipped via USPS, which generally means it's slower/shittier service. Add a whole new grocery chain to that and it might get worse.
    ^ A lot of the amazon deliveries were I live are USPS, too. Edit to clarify: This includes Amazon Fresh/Pantry.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I get that, they use usps here as well. I have no clue how that affects Amazon fresh where they don't use usps for though.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I get that, they use usps here as well. I have no clue how that affects Amazon fresh where they don't use usps for though.
    https://www.amazon.com/AmazonFresh-L...ews/B005DTBAU2

First review:

Order 1: My order consisted of 13 various (frozen) Gardein products. With the included First Order Promo discount. Since this was my first order I didn’t know what to expect. My delivery Window was on a Sat at 7am-10am. A USPS Truck arrived at 9:58am (so not delivered by Amazon Fresh) and dropped off 2 green Amazon Fresh branded bags. Which consisted of several Dry Ice packs (be very careful taking them out as you can burn yourself quite easily) Everything was frozen solid and in great condition. And so I was quite satisfied with the results.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

The only point I see to amazon fresh is if you don't have access to instacart. Which we use for food delivery in my region. If you don't know what that is, it's essentially uber but for your groceries. You order stuff on the app, a driver goes to wherever, (not solely whole foods. They can go to costco or w/e) picks everything up and drops it off to you in about an hour. If the store doesn't have something, they can call/text you and figure things out from there. Super easy

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

I also gave a testimony on my experience using fresh, that it's more expensive than the grocery stores. USPS is a lot slower than UPS and Ive had bad experiences with my items being brought by them. For example, they forced me to walk 4 blocks to a pharmacy to pick my shit up when I missed the delivery guy, which defeats the entire purpose of ordering online.

Why are people still so stand-offish on this site? Jesus christ.

I've never purchased an entire grocery order online but if Amazon aligns their prices with normal grocery stores after this purchase, I might consider it. Amazon has the best customer service from any company I've ever dealt with, if there was something that was expired or looked bad (fruit) they would easily get someone to pick it up and exchange it for you.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I won't use Amazon Fresh because of where I live but I agree with Draylo. Their customer service is on point and you can believe they will start trimming prices on Fresh/Pantry sooner then you think.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

Amazon's shipping is hellaluv inconsistent. I've had a couple of items stuck in 'preparing for shipment' process for weeks (this happens only when I have my stuff delivered to one of their lockers). Sometimes I get my shit in 4 days via USPS. Ironically, USPS has beaten UPS on several occasions.

Their fresh/pantry section is garbage. They have the balls to sell shit from .99 cents stores for like ten bucks. Fuck that lol.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I wouldn't have ever thought they'd use usps for groceries which was my confusion