1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 9 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 14 hours, 36 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 2 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 7 hours, 36 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I don't think MP is intended to be a consideration unless you're using your support spells, keeping with the theme of "you'll never run out of MP if you keep to the rotation" that all offensive mages share

You're right about Impact, though. High def Death Blossom. Love it

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

So far, the only complaint I have about the job is how straightforward the use of mana is: If single target, do the enchanted combo, and if AoE, do Moulinet x3. I would have loved additional uses of the resource, so depending on the situation we would use it for one thing or another. Maybe it unlocks an AoE healing spell, that you'll be able to use in emergencies, or maybe you can use it to enhance your buffs: imagine an enchanted Embolden. Well, that may nor be the best example since it would be the default option most of the time, given the way it buffs others as well, but some other use would have made the job perfect.

Regarding Impact... What if you coud stack Impactful up to 3 times, maintaining the damage but making it raise mana much more? Like, Impact level 1 is 4 to both, then level 2 would be 9 to both, and level 3 a whooping 15 to both. That way you'd have to sacrifice immediate damage by using a less damaging spell twice more, but when Impact was finally used, the mana payoff would be huge.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Yep Taimech, they def had an opportunity that they did not grab when it comes to impact.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Two random thoughts:

- Level 65 quest is badass. I died twice; first time because I didn't realize the shock orb was putting out AoEs and second time because X'hrun Tia decided to stand directly under a shock orb. Third time I placed all the orbs in the hallway; I don't think he puts out more than three anyway? He seemed to stop at that point. Anyway, really fun. I enjoyed the challenge!
    - I fuck up Manafication SO FUCKING OFTEN. It's the same story every time: I'm waiting to hit 40/40 (assuming single-target), I reach about 60/60 before I realize what's happening, I figure I'll just wait and use it next time. Lather, rinse, repeat. EVERY TIME.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Yeah, I'm having to train myself to be better with Manafication. I got stuck on the, "oh I'll use it next time" train for a while

I'm deadass loving this job though, especially since being 70/getting better gear

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    Yeah, I'm having to train myself to be better with Manafication. I got stuck on the, "oh I'll use it next time" train for a while

I'm deadass loving this job though, especially since being 70/getting better gear
    I might honestly start using it even at 60/60+. It's less of a waste that way than forgoing it for an entire rotation, I think. Although optimally I'll start, you know, actually remembering to use it on time in the first place.

I love the job too. It's fairly simple compared to other jobs but the proc system combined with oGCDs gives me just enough work without making me feel overwhelmed.

So any thoughts on what materia I should be putting on my 310 gear? (I don't plan to raid.. too much RL)

Quote Originally Posted by Greedouw View Post
    So any thoughts on what materia I should be putting on my 310 gear? (I don't plan to raid.. too much RL)
    Crit then DH is what seems to be the case. But don't meld 310 alexander and new tombstones are in a week

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Toss some crit/DH T5s on. Mine ran me less than 50k total

Odds are pretty good one of those stats is our go-to. Having no cast time on half of our spells makes me think SS can't be super valuable. Initial reports have DH scaling really well, but crit has the benefit of increasing its rate and damage, so

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Thinking out loud here for quick napkin math number crunching in terms of, what mana stuff to use in smaller AoE situations (specifically, pack of 3)

Moulinet is easy; (200*3)*X, done over 4.5s. To pad out the time we're assuming you go back casting for next 2 GCDs.
    2400 over ~8s on 3 targets (given Scatter>Aero/Thunder after Moul)
    1710 over ~8s on 2 targets (given JoltII>Aero/Thunder after Moul)

Single combo: 210 > 290 > 470 > 550, over basically 8s.
    ~1520 over ~8s

I don't know how to factor in the bonus mana from single target combo and how much that mitigates the slightly loss over 2 target Moulinet. I imagine it's negligible.

Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme View Post
    Crit then DH is what seems to be the case. But don't meld 310 alexander and new tombstones are in a week
    True. Forgot about the new tomes

I might wait until next week then

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alkimi Asura
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme View Post
    And (probably) 320 crafted gear.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

omg I just did /victorypose for the first time

fantastic

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post

It would help if its cooldown was a bit lower, I tend to forget it as well because of the longass CD.

I read on the OF that Fleche and Contre-Sixte was affected by the gauge, is it right?

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Greedouw View Post
    True. Forgot about the new tomes

I might wait until next week then
    The new tomes actually release the week of savage, so you have 2 weeks after this coming Tuesday.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

got to use LB3 today. Ravana Hard and no one else was doing it SO! it looked pretty spectacular.

Mana Shift is secret MVP for RDM toolkit, I'm finding. unless we are doing a lot of off-healing I find that popping Lucid Dream on cooldown is more than enough MP, so I'm willing to share and help the party out.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    got to use LB3 today. Ravana Hard and no one else was doing it SO! it looked pretty spectacular.

Mana Shift is secret MVP for RDM toolkit, I'm finding. unless we are doing a lot of off-healing I find that popping Lucid Dream on cooldown is more than enough MP, so I'm willing to share and help the party out.
    Yeah it's funny, when you do go nearly out of mp due to raising, you can still pretty much go back to doing your thing with that empty mp pool.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

And here I was worrying we would have MP issues.

Hell. Give that mana shift to a BRD in raid comp for more requiem.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Red Mage General - Be Just or Be Red

Loveing RDM so far almost lvl 70. I think this is the only DPS class i really like and enjoy. I only played healers (ast and sch). I think ima push my heslers to secondary jobs!!!

big part why is prolly because its a reactionary job (procs) with an actual heal (more reactionary!) and raise. honestly the most versatile job so far and it gives me the right vibe!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I thought I would hate this job. At first I didn't understand how it was supposed to work but Seravi gave me the basics and I did a few potd runs after that and it finally clicked. I'm 55 right now but god damn it's so much fun, the ogcds look amazing too. This is one bandwagon I didn't think I would jump on.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast