1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 2 hours, 17 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 21 hours, 42 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 19 hours, 17 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 14 hours, 42 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

What I like about RDM is that on paper, it's very simple, and in practice isn't that much harder, but it's very flexible and the proc/priority system gives much more room for improvisation than a strict rotation job. And the mobility, I love the mobility.

I would have liked some alternative uses for mana, so we had to think on the fly which use would be better in every situation, but other than that, great.

My main thing with RDM is after playing it for an extended amount of time casting 90% of all other spells feels like slow motion.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    big part why is prolly because its a reactionary job (procs) with an actual heal (more reactionary!) and raise. honestly the most versatile job so far and it gives me the right vibe!
    Talking about healing, some OF Idiot created a post saying "Vercure ISNT part of your rotation" I did not even know there was one.. Did I do it wrong all this time?

Why would people spam cures on RDM? Then why would someone make a post about it? I saved so many duties by raising/healing/mana shifting the dead healer that I wonder why would ppl hyperbole something that positive for the sake of loss DPS.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I mean at some point, for some duties, it's probably moot. I've definitely spent so much time raising and healing Susan parties that the DPS loss probably contributed to an enrage. Not utilizing your massive, personally useless MP pool for support when dealing with the general playerbase is asinine, but if you're having to do it too much, your group is probably dead in the water regardless

I'm loving being the BRD of the mage world, though

You might lose some DPS doing heals, but I doubt leaving a corpse on the floor helps any. Considering how easy and effective it is for RDM to raise they should definitely prioritize those over healing.

The only reason I heal is to cover up my own fuck ups, which considering the lag increase is helpful.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Simple stuff like Vercure > Dualcast Aero/Thunder, or Filler > Dualcast Verraise elevates the support potential on this job well and above what SMN ever had in 3.X in my opinion. While I'm not sure we'll see RDM as an auto-include yet, it's definitely not unviable.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Ah yes, there'll be a new divide now. DPS purist RDMs, or flexible RDMs.

I think we'll ultimately favour flexible RDMs like we praise SMNs who raise.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Flexible RDM is filling the niche left by Scholar after the nerfs and I'm having a blast. Queue times aside this is my new main for now.
    I just wish the AoE part would be more interesting as spamming Scatter and Moulinet x3/4 isn't that exciting. I also feel like RDM needs some sort of enmity control added somewhere because if both Diversion and Lucid are down I'm stealing hate from even the main target. Unless all the tanks suck that hard it's an issue.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

I earned my 70 on the final boss of Castrum Abania after saving us from a wipe by dual/swiftcast rezzing and healing the healer and DPS... it felt like a fitting reward :3

can the main healing classes even swiftraise more than one person in a row? or is RDM the only one who can do that?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

WHM still has their SS buff, but I'd imagine that's ideally left for DPSing

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    I earned my 70 on the final boss of Castrum Abania after saving us from a wipe by dual/swiftcast rezzing and healing the healer and DPS... it felt like a fitting reward :3

can the main healing classes even swiftraise more than one person in a row? or is RDM the only one who can do that?
    WHM and AST can use Presence of Mind and Lightspeed to cast them faster than usual. SCH: nope.

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    WHM and AST can use Presence of Mind and Lightspeed to cast them faster than usual. SCH: nope.
    Faster than vercure->dualcast verraise -> swiftcast verraise, though?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Taim Meich View Post
    Faster than vercure->dualcast verraise -> swiftcast verraise, though?
    Obviously not but they do have skills to speed up casting, SCH has nothing on that front. RDM is the best for that but if you need to Dualcast Verraise that much you might as well restart the fight, especially if those are DPSes you're raising.
    And if you need multiple raises healers do have their LB3 for that purpose but that's usually a waste on any hard content and barely used.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

On a pointless glamour note, someone needs to find a body piece that closely matches XI's Dalmatica so I can go for classic Dalmchapeau look.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

people allready startingvto bitch that rdm deal too mich dmg for the utilizy it has... only cure and raise

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    people allready startingvto bitch that rdm deal too mich dmg for the utilizy it has... only cure and raise

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
    That makes me feel better but it still doesn't mean shit until savage comes out. RDM seems pretty good for progression but less so afterwards, so given that raise and cure are gonna lose impact the further along in a raid tier we are...then decent damage output is necessary to keep RDM viable.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah, the utility RDM brings is quite useless if you don't die. We're not BRDs or MCHs with all the crazy party buffs and support. They're just salty that we outparse them while looking way cooler

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Yeah, the utility RDM brings is quite useless if you don't die. We're not BRDs or MCHs with all the crazy party buffs and support. They're just salty that we outparse them while looking way cooler
    this pretty much sums it up, the only utility it brings is if your group lost a healer or 2 and you need to emergency step. Which in that case welp chances are you wont finish the duty anyway lol

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    On a pointless glamour note, someone needs to find a body piece that closely matches XI's Dalmatica so I can go for classic Dalmchapeau look.
    http://xivdb.com/item/16600/cashmere+poncho ?

First thing that came to mind. Not 100% of course.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    dat poncho?

First thing that came to mind. Not 100% of course.
    I think I want that for my Machinist.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast