1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 4 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 55 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 12 hours, 4 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 21 hours, 55 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Goddam aquapolis drops or 1.5mil

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

worst part of this job, by far:

having to choose between fox ears and pimp hat :/

Also, note to self: We can easily solo EX primals now. Get them glamours!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

ARR Primals? Don't think HW ones are that easy yet Maybe I could finally get some ponies lol.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Yeah, ARR primals. I haven't tried it myself, too much to do, but some people on reddit have done it. Ponies for all!

Of course I have Kirin already... But I could use some of those glamours.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Started messing around on RDM today, really liking how it works. The proc system flows so smoothly, and I love how they add in Corp-a-corp and Displacement to get in and out quick for spending mana.

Scatter is pretty cool for AoE, as well. 200 potency every GCD with how Dualcast works. Just got Moulinet, can't wait to try it out on the AoE rotation!

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

it's still 100 per GCD tho; 200 for one GCD and 0 for the next one.

also, some AoE tips:
    - 3 enemies or less, use Scatter -> Verthunder/Veraero to build mana. same potency, higher mana gain.
    - 4 enemies or more, Scatter spam.
    - Enchanted Moulinet works best at 75 mana. Embolden -> Moulinet -> Manafication -> Moulinet -> Moulinet -> Moulinet. just melts groups.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

We need a Morrigan's Robe glamour. Like seriously.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    We need a Morrigan's Robe glamour. Like seriously.
    What we need are Enspells! So we can melee more effectivly! Like we used to in 11! All hail to the power of Enspells!!!

Actually we need alot more of Glamours, all the caster shit doesnt fit RDM much, from a style perspectiv ._.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah need more light armor stuff.

But once we got the [redacted for spoilers I guess...], I stuck with it because it looks so nice.
    Spoiler: show
    Eastern Garlean uniform.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    What we need are Enspells! So we can melee more effectivly! Like we used to in 11! All hail to the power of Enspells!!!

Actually we need alot more of Glamours, all the caster shit doesnt fit RDM much, from a style perspectiv ._.
    I just miss the old Duelist's Chapeau/Morrigan's Robe look. Those two pieces looked so pimp together back in the day. I miss them. /nostalgia on

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I went with a BLU look:

Spoiler: show

(Thavnairian turban, oasis tunic -- female only from mgp, Marid Leather gloves of casting, gambler pants/boots, i180 tome sword) I'd have gone with baggier pants but that purple sash on the gambler pants is just too exact to pass up.

So I had a RDM70 tell me today "rdm melee combo (single target) is worthless before flare/holy finisher"...Anyone else finding this a common sentiment? Or notice RDM in roulettes not use it? Mathed it out and personally got 970 potency over 5.2 seconds (1.5+1.5+2.2) for me while spells are at 2.37, so 2.19 gcds worth, so 440.9 potency/gcd. even if you kept stone/fire procs going full time in a best-case scenario that's only 285 potency/gcd...

And even when you're low enough level to have the first move only that's 210 potency in 3/5 of a gcd, so 350ish potency per gcd.

I think some people out there are just looking at the potencies and not noticing the much quicker gcd refresh when they're used. Continuing the MCH comparison these are our Rapid Fire.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

It certainly feels less awesome before the spell finisher but yeah, people just being unobservant. For how drop dead easy this job is to play you still see people do awful with it.

Girlboy
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Anna Ruthven
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Assuming it's buried if it's been discussed but do we know stat weights yet? I've just been slapping Crit and Direct on my shit.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

DH > CR > DT > SS

Girlboy
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Anna Ruthven
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Would it be better to replace my capped (+32, +34) with Det instead of the capped amount of DH and CR?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

You know, I'm pretty dissapointed in the fact that there is not ONE SINGLE RDM on this entire game named Percy Blakeney... only 2 on all servers and neither of them on RDM's. :/

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    You know, I'm pretty dissapointed in the fact that there is not ONE SINGLE RDM on this entire game named Percy Blakeney... only 2 on all servers and neither of them on RDM's. :/
    Had to google that...yeah not too many early 1900 literary references in MMO character names, who'd have thought?

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

...I was just gonna rename my lala "Big Red"

get it? because she's short?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    Had to google that...yeah not too many early 1900 literary references in MMO character names, who'd have thought?
    So no one reads classical fiction any more? I remember looking up Edmond Dantes awhile back and found one on like almost every single server.... but only 2 Percy Blakeney's(neither of which are even RDM's... or even past LVL. 50). Baroness Orczy deserves a bit more credit than that!!!

Girlboy
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Anna Ruthven
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I finally saw a RDM on Excalibur with the last name Statscowski last night. Sadly, his first name wasn't Redmage.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast