1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 4 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 17 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 16 hours, 4 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Consider most of the RDM's I've seen have been (not even slightly hot) trash I'm surprised people calling for a nerf. RDM DPS isn't hard but I feel like I need to try to keep up with other casters unless they don't know the fight and my movement allows me to edge out.

But as soon as I hit vercure or verraise my DPS plummets.
    If you are struggling to keep up with other casters as a RDM, the issue isn't the class. RDM comfortably outdpses all other casters in speedkills.

I'm not struggling to keep up but I'm also not going to do well by cruising on Jolt and crappy mana usage. I do play with good casters though.

Also what counts as a speedkill? Because anything past 10 mins I wouldn't consider fast but it depends on what you're doing.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

I knew we weren't getting any job adjustments because we don't need any but... I still feel left out

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    I knew we weren't getting any job adjustments because we don't need any but... I still feel left out
    The only adjustments I see RDMs getting are nerfs so rejoice that they didn't touch us at all despite the whiny crybabies on the OF

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    The only adjustments I see RDMs getting are nerfs so rejoice that they didn't touch us at all despite the whiny crybabies on the OF
    ok, this is a good point of view lol

I read the "rdms need a nerf" thread on the OF and it was cancer. but that's like saying air is dry or water is wet.

although how people can grasp "RDM has utility so it needs a nerf" but not "SAM has very little utility so it does better DPS" is beyond me...

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The Best Utility in this game is anyway how much DPS can you shove in to skip phases! So SAM has the best utility!

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

My only request continues to be asking for Acceleration to force Enhanced Scatter proc

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    My only request continues to be asking for Acceleration to force Enhanced Scatter proc
    It's an association so intuitive that I've popped Acceleration a few times when AoEing and then immediately realizing it doesn't work that way. Would also add a lil bit of spice to our boring AoE "rotation".

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

I really wish Flare/Holy didn't drop if you cast another spell >.> that is all.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I really wish Flare/Holy didn't drop if you cast another spell >.> that is all.
    I wish these 2 spells had a tiny bit higher potency or an additional effect differencing them slightly (out of the mana increase and guaranteed proc) I love the job, I did not have that much fun since DRK 3.0 but I believe some abilities could have had additional effect such as for example:

Impact/Contre-Six: Additional effect Magic Def Down for 8/10 secs, this would effectively be an incentive not to forget to use Impact and make it a key ability to use for enhanced burst damages in a rotation since the enhanced combo is magic damage based once the gauge is 80+ and its would ultimately support the other casters in a caster heavy setup allowing more flexibility. This would alsoget this version of RDM closer to its Jack of all trade description since it would now also support casters while enfeebling its targets.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Problem is, they'd need to nerf potencies considerably to balance that out. Not only would they take our increase into account, but other casters as well(see: their justification of DRG)

Is everyone cool with personal nerfs in exchange for increased complexity?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I am not for a nerf in that case, but I strongly doubt we could call that "complexity"

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I mean that's literally increased complexity.. But alright.

Regardless, unless it turns out that our DPS is short of their intentions(probably not), we're not going to receive anything of the sort without them taking something away. So, pick your poison

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

I started leveling my Bard again (was 60) and now I feel like Red Mage is really, really boring

:/

I still love RDM but I'm starting to feel like we need at least one or two more "things" to do/be aware of... rotating songs and having each one with a unique DoT proc and having to keep up DoTs and managing Barrage correctly, it just felt like WAY more fun

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I started leveling my Bard again (was 60) and now I feel like Red Mage is really, really boring

I still love RDM but I'm starting to feel like we need at least one or two more "things" to do/be aware of... rotating songs and having each one with a unique DoT proc and having to keep up DoTs and managing Barrage correctly, it just felt like WAY more fun
    Thats actually what I like about RDM, the simplicity! And the sassy attitude

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

To be honest that's just Bard lol. Every other job feels boring in comparison due to the sheer amount of things they do now. However it's also really hard to keep track of everything because SE decided to put all the BRD related mechanics in 4 different spots... it gets better at 64 but not much, hoping for some QoL UI updates soon.
    RDM really needs a better AoE rotation with finishers though, Scatter/Moulinet spam isn't really fun.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

The scatter/moulinet isnt fun because its blank, its why I think the magic resistance reduction added to Contre-Sixte would be nice as it would make it more fun and stronger.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I won't claim RDM's AoE isn't boring, but I do feel like everyone has an inflated sense of how exciting everyone's AoE "rotation" has been for the majority of this game's existence

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I mean, it's not that other AoE rotations are the most exciting thing ever, but spamming Scatter for almost a minute (on average), and then do Moulinetx3 or x4 if cooldowns allow it is... Tiresome.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

On the note of scatter sometimes I have a leftover enhanced proc when I'm down to 2 or even 1 mob. I use it anyways because I rationalize the increased mana (16 total over 8 or 9 from other filler) is worth the potency drop. Anyone wanna math that somehow?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast