1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 56 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 3 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 0 hours, 56 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 9 hours, 3 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    To be honest that's just Bard lol. Every other job feels boring in comparison due to the sheer amount of things they do now. However it's also really hard to keep track of everything because SE decided to put all the BRD related mechanics in 4 different spots... it gets better at 64 but not much, hoping for some QoL UI updates soon.
    RDM really needs a better AoE rotation with finishers though, Scatter/Moulinet spam isn't really fun.
    Ah, I was wondering if maybe that's the case - Bard feels busy as hell. Very fun though.

And yeah my setup is already cluttered and my hotbars full and I haven't even hit 62 yet... this should be interesting!

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Totally agree, it just seems as if everyone thinks this is unique to RDM. NIN was Death Blossom, and Katon or Doton if CD(or uptime) allowed; BLM was Fire2 until you need MP, or Flare until you need MP; BRD, until semi-recently was cycling three abilities hunting for procs; DRG was Doom Spike, unless Heavy was down, in which case you tossed in a Heavy/RoT

AoE is historically lame, but powerful

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Let's not act like 1-2-3'ing mobs individually in trash packs is particularly exciting either though...especially with how long that makes pulls last.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

the only thing I like about RDM AoE is when you hit 75/75 with Embolden and Manafication up... quadruple boosted Moulinet almost justifies the endless Scatter spam.

almost.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    Totally agree, it just seems as if everyone thinks this is unique to RDM. NIN was Death Blossom, and Katon or Doton if CD(or uptime) allowed; BLM was Fire2 until you need MP, or Flare until you need MP; BRD, until semi-recently was cycling three abilities hunting for procs; DRG was Doom Spike, unless Heavy was down, in which case you tossed in a Heavy/RoT

AoE is historically lame, but powerful
    Oh yeah, that's especially true in Stormblood given that all AoE has been dumbed down (BRD's AoE is awful unless you have Ballad up and even then you need 3 mobs with DoTs on). BLMs probably have the most fun at 70 when all toys are unlocked, SMN's is a mess all around due to how Trance works now: it's basically impossible to keep DoTs up on a pack, not that you'd want to after Bane has been nerfed to the ground, and all the cool AoEs are locked behind mechanics. At least bosses don't have adds this tier, this will probably continue for the whole expansion as well.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Bard AoE with Ballad up is so ridiculous though. "let me just- oops, Rain of Death proc'd. ok now where was- oops, Rain of Death proc'd. alright time to- oops, Rain of Death proc'd"

Of course, then there are the times you go through a whole ballad with one proc but w/e it happens

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Wait does embolden affect the melee moves? I know it doesn't affect flèche or contre. I've been popping it after redoublement thinking it didn't. Whoops.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Wait does embolden affect the melee moves? I know it doesn't affect flèche or contre. I've been popping it after redoublement thinking it didn't. Whoops.
    Wait, does it not? You might be right. I haven't really been paying too much attention, I just pop it on combo. It does say that it increases magic potency for the RDM, not melee.

Well crap, I'm a bad red mage (possibly)

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

The enhanced melee moves do say they deal unaspected damage though which is a phrase associated with magical attacks (contrast with our offs which deal "attack with a potency of X". But I never bothered to check ether.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    The enhanced melee moves
    Enchanted*

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Cid: That colossus is enchanted!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm pretty sure it's all magic damage. I pop Embolden right before the third weapon skill so I get the finisher with all stacks on.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Ok, a quick google says it affects the enchanted versions of the combo but not the normal versions - which makes sense, given the tooltips

Phew. If I'm bad, at least it's not for that reason

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Pop Embolden just before Zwerwhatever so it's up for Redoublement and Verholy (fuck Verflare, I want to spin). The 10% buff lasts 4 seconds, so if popped just before Zwerblahblah, you get Redoublement with a bit more than 2 seconds left, enough to fit the Verholy (not Verflare, this is important) into the 10% buff.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

^Holy Thrust, Flare Backstep.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

I mean, if you're not manipulating mana so that you always combo with Verholy, you're playing RDM wrong imo. it is by far the more awesome of the two

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    I mean, if you're not manipulating mana so that you always combo with Verholy, you're playing RDM wrong imo. it is by far the more awesome of the two
    I'm a Flare guy, sorry.

Finally hit 50 last night and unlocked RDM.

Wayyyyy more fun than the bard I leveld so far. I think I'm doing it right. It seems like basically every time you do something you have like 2-3 seconds to figure out the best course of action, implement said action, and then repeat. I love it so far.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    I'm a Flare guy, sorry.
    Confirmed for heterosexual

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I assumed flare would be more huge fire nova like BLM flare, but it's not and doesn't make a really combustion-y sound so it loses to holy.