1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 19 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 40 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 17 hours, 19 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 16 hours, 40 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Girlboy
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Anna Ruthven
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

So, for someone (not me, a friend) who believes SpS > CR is the way to go, how would you disprove this theory?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

It's doing nothing for >50% of your spells and 100% of your abilities

Girlboy
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Anna Ruthven
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    It's doing nothing for >50% of your spells and 100% of your abilities
    Their argument was that it helps with Jolt II, Impact, Verfire, and Verstone and that most of the higher damage things like Verthunder, Veraero, the WSs, and Verflare and Verholy are doing roughly the same dmg.

My argument was pretty much what you said only I referred to the WS rotation as "burst" which prompted the damage comparison.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Not much you can say to an eyeballer

Girlboy
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Anna Ruthven
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I suppose not. One more thing, as I asked last night; my body has two CR melds, but one is capped. CR +40 and CR +32. Should I remeld and swap that +32 for +40 Det?

Currently
    CR - 1689
    Det - 898
    DH - 1471

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I wouldn't because it's minor but I alsjust wouldn't because it's not gonna be a permanent piece for you this tier either.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    Not much you can say to an eyeballer
    Can always just point it out: tell them eyeballing is bad.

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Spell Speed affects the GCD of spells too so it works on all of your spells not 50% of them. There is merit in arguing that being able to use your enhanced melee and finishers more often could be a DPS increase since MP is barely an issue for RDM. The biggest argument against as stated is that your oGCD would get no benefit and considering how low cooldown they are it's a pretty hefty portion of your overall damage.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alkimi Asura
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

RDM also has no DoTs so that's one aspect of spell speed going to waste.

As far as the job goes, the novelty has quickly worn off for me and I'm pretty bored by it's simplicity. Have mostly gone back to BLM now, even it's current broken state.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Anyone else think the difference in potency between Jolt II and the procs is way to close together? Jolt II is a whopping 240 potency. and Impact/Verfire/Verstone is only 270. I think the procced spells need a buff up to at least 350 or so. Maybe than make Veraero/Verthunder 400 potency so they are still worth casting too after the buff. What do you guys think?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    Anyone else think the difference in potency between Jolt II and the procs is way to close together? Jolt II is a whopping 240 potency. and Impact/Verfire/Verstone is only 270. I think the procced spells need a buff up to at least 350 or so. Maybe than make Veraero/Verthunder 400 potency so they are still worth casting too after the buff. What do you guys think?
    As with all other job balancing you can't just say "oh this one thing they do isn't good enough"; you have to look at the whole picture.

And right now, the whole picture with RDM is very good. I don't think I'd say too good, but definitely doesn't need buffs. Maybe a QoL change like Jolt II becoming impact when available the way SMN has it for ruin 4 (which I'm told reverts to casting normal ruins if the proc wears off mid-cast so that wouldn't be an issue on rdm either).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Actually SMN's Ruin IV goes off even if the proc wears off midcast, it doesn't stop or revert back. It would be nice to have on RDM as well but I rarely run into this type of situation anyway and SMN needs way more help than RDM does right now lol.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

::tears:: my first FFXI 75 job is all grown up now. Too bad them scars keep me away from FFXIV RDM

Beware of the OF... they calling for nerfs.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
    ::tears:: my first FFXI 75 job is all grown up now. Too bad them scars keep me away from FFXIV RDM

Beware of the OF... they calling for nerfs.
    why would they scream for a nerf? RDMs Dmg is nowhere OP or on the top and if you use its utility spells like Vercure and Verraise your DPS drops. Like seriously wtf ¬.¬

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Haha, ill put the link in the fail thread when I get home. They are saying the exact opposite.

Consider most of the RDM's I've seen have been (not even slightly hot) trash I'm surprised people calling for a nerf. RDM DPS isn't hard but I feel like I need to try to keep up with other casters unless they don't know the fight and my movement allows me to edge out.

But as soon as I hit vercure or verraise my DPS plummets.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Hey, Vercure is just like Cure II. It's so broken, nerf! I swear the amount of stupid comments in the OF and Reddit is something else.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I don't want Vercure nerfed but I do want Sustain back on SMN

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Removing Sustain was stupid. Might as well remove Titan-egi if they don't do anything about that.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Taim Meich View Post
    Removing Sustain was stupid. Might as well remove Titan-egi if they don't do anything about that.
    obviously all in preperation for the new tank in 5.0! Beastmaster! cant have 2 pet tanks!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast