+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

I could play the new Wolverine. I think I'm taller than 90% of Hollywood's lead action heroes but their camera trickery could make it work.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    I could play the new Wolverine. I think I'm taller than 90% of Hollywood's lead action heroes but their camera trickery could make it work.
    Planning the Reagan route to the presidency?

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

We talkin like Comey tall or what? Cause Pratt, Hemsworth, and Affleck are all 6'2 and over.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Planning the Reagan route to the presidency?
    It's a model that apparently still has some legs to it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Strong rumors, and Olivia Munn let it slip as well, that the film will be a two parter to tell the whole story.

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

As a casual X-men fan(as in I don't even read american comics), I always liked these movies. It's the only "superhero" stories that I like, I suppose for the general atmosphere mostly, as the single great hero story was never really appealing to me, so I don't like Buttman, Superman, Ironman, etc.

We built this city

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Seha View Post
    Buttman
    For real?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Filthy Casual.

Seriously though if you like more heroes in a story in general and X-men in particular watch the old animated version. Up until like Season 4 I think it was pretty top notch. Like 2nd best animated comic adaptation ever (Batman being numba 1) and actually did a pretty good job following comics kind of. Also intro was hype as fuck

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

jlaw still better than sansa, though i'll probably watch this anyway.

I don't know. I kind of put them on the same plane where their acting feels a little forced and one dimensional and nothing really stands out. I know Jlaw is one of Hollywood's sacred treasures right now but personally I just don't see the appeal.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Jlaw can do an amazing job and has given great performances. But she can also phone it in which she has done in most of the biggest movies she's been in. So in general yeah I'd say she can act better. But in X-men movies her acting wasn't. And her star power making them shove Mystique in everywhere combined with the meh performance of it hurts more than just one actress doing poorly at a character that actually belongs in the movie

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

She's just not an action star. Like that Shaleene chick she was terribly cast for her appeal and not the fit.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Eh, Stan Lee hinted that Marvel is trying to aqcuire these rights for the MCU too. Hopefully in a couple of years this line of X films will be as relevant as the Sam Raimi Spiderman trilogy. Bring em home to Marvel. It worked for Spidey.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

This is true. I worked security at Planet Hollywood and everyone is small. Tallest actors were Danny Glover and Dolph Lungren

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Filthy Casual.

Seriously though if you like more heroes in a story in general and X-men in particular watch the old animated version. Up until like Season 4 I think it was pretty top notch. Like 2nd best animated comic adaptation ever (Batman being numba 1) and actually did a pretty good job following comics kind of. Also intro was hype as fuck
    Wolverine and the X-Men was a pretty good adaptation as well, though I think they changed more (but not necessarily in a bad way) from the comics than the 90's series. It's a shame it was only given 1 season.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    Strong rumors, and Olivia Munn let it slip as well, that the film will be a two parter to tell the whole story.
    This is what they should of done for Apocolypse

We built this city

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Fhloston View Post
    Eh, Stan Lee hinted that Marvel is trying to aqcuire these rights for the MCU too. Hopefully in a couple of years this line of X films will be as relevant as the Sam Raimi Spiderman trilogy. Bring em home to Marvel. It worked for Spidey.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    I'm sure Marvel is always trying to get the rights back, doesn't mean it will happen.

That being said, if they did succeed, we might even get Jackman back as Logan. He said around the time his last movie was coming out that if there had been an opportunity to be in an Avengers movie, he might've stayed on.

As long as the X-Men movies keep making at least twice their budget back I doubt Fox will give it up. That said their last couple movies have been in a decline of sales(albeit smaller) so if this doesn't do great they might be willing to give up rights in 1-2 movies. Now Fantastic Four. I'm honestly a little surprised all we've heard is rumors of Marvel getting those rights back. They might be poison films, but Reed Richards is a wonderful supporting character. Plus I want a proper Dictator of Latveria god damn it lol.

We built this city

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

I've never understood why Fox couldn't reach an agreement with Marvel to split costs and profits like Sony did. The MCU films are obviously huge box office and the X-Men movies are successful enough that it should bring huge hype and thus huge profit.

BG Level

The problem - well, one of the problems - with FF is that they always go straight to Doom. If you can make a good movie with Ego or Yellowjacket or the freaking Vulture as a main villain there's no reason they couldn't have Annihilus, the Mad Thinker, Diablo, even Mole Man before you get to Doom

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk