Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Uber Tipping     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

It is for bots for some reason.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Cash is almost always better for drivers (unless you tip more because it’s credit card). Added bonus for drivers receiving cash is they probably won’t claim it on their taxes. Also, if you give them cash before they rate you, your odds of getting a 5 star review are higher.

Most drivers give everyone 5 stars as long as the ride went well (you’re outside at the right spot when the driver arrives and don’t make any detours along the way, etc.). But more experienced drivers are much more likely to be salty and give lower ratings for minor things. And some drivers do give lower ratings if you don’t tip (or if they think you won’t tip in the app).

But, money in the hand is better than a promise on the app.

MOST RAD.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pupuru Puru
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Hey another one!

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Cash is almost always better for drivers (unless you tip more because it’s credit card). Added bonus for drivers receiving cash is they probably won’t claim it on their taxes. Also, if you give them cash before they rate you, your odds of getting a 5 star review are higher.

Most drivers give everyone 5 stars as long as the ride went well (you’re outside at the right spot when the driver arrives and don’t make any detours along the way, etc.). But more experienced drivers are much more likely to be salty and give lower ratings for minor things. And some drivers do give lower ratings if you don’t tip (or if they think you won’t tip in the app).

But, money in the hand is better than a promise on the app.
    I use uber a ton (to / from work) and have a 4.94 rating, and I almost never tip. Meh

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Honestly passenger ratings don't mean shit unless you're a total fuck head. I was a 5.0 for over 30 trips before I got my first four star which was a huge boon as a 5 typically looks like a new account, as everyone starts at that. Drop down below a 4.7 and that's when you start having issues being picked up. After 8pm I wouldn't pick anyone up below that unless they were paying for Uber select or it was a huge surge.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

I'm at 4.52 lol

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I infrequently take short trips (~$8?) that probably could have been done on public transportation. As such, my default tip is $5 for two reasons:
    1) The economics of Lyft/Uber don't work out so well for drivers in my area. Drivers are basically extracting capital back out of their car, but they are also providing a useful service that I would apparently pay 60% more for.
    2) Self-imposed consumption tax. I should be planning and using the metro.

If the driver actively endangers my life or is super unpleasant then I will drop it down.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4