+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Tekki's Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

a way for china to expand their territory and farm more organs without the US interfering, sounds lit

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

soon rmt will be spamming لعنت په خپله مور

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    Come to think of it I would probably root for the Taliban over China.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    I would as well. One is vastly more powerful than the other, even if the latter are as resilient as cockroaches and will never fully be stamped out.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I hope that deep and pervasive racism will keep China from attempting global political domination. They want all these poor nations to be deeply indebted puppets but they absolutely do not seem to want to have to govern any more non-Han Chinese people.

I think that any global domination plan from them will involve genocide.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    I hope that deep and pervasive racism will keep China from attempting global political domination. They want all these poor nations to be deeply indebted puppets but they absolutely do not seem to want to have to govern any more non-Han Chinese people.

I think that any global domination plan from them will involve genocide.
    Yeah, but that's the game. Places like Africa will "owe" them and will cave to whatever pressure they do end up putting on them. If you can get people and countries to pull John Cena's, you don't need to govern them

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

so how long did it take for Afghanistan to fall, 9 days?

BG Level

a shameful day in the long shameful history of American foreign policy. our presence there was largely as a stabilizing force, and had been for years as combat operations ended long ago and there had not been a combat casualty in 18 months. and as a stabilizing force we were successful, in the time following the end of American combat operations the Taliban had not taken and held a single provincial capital. when they managed to break government lines the U.S. organized and air-supported Afghani-fought efforts to retake said capitals, with an unfailing success rate. in the two months after we left without setting up a functional transition or negotiating a peace treaty they gobbled up 16 before the government itself collapsed utterly and Kabul fell without a fight.

withdrawing saved no American lives, condemned forty million Afghanis to fundamentalist tyranny, showed regional allies yet again Americans cannot be relied upon in the long-term (to compound on our betrayal and abandonment of the Kurds), stranded thousands of American supporters to the mercy of our enemies because of simple organizational incompetence re withdrawal plans, and hastened the formation of who knows what vile Islamist concoction to be borne out of such fertile environs a la al-Qaeda and ISIS. an unnecessary and self-inflicted wound, and a catastrophic foreign policy failure of the Biden administration.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by thetruepandagod View Post
    6 I believe

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Just think of all the movies that will be made!

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

What was the Afghan government's will in this, for the US to leave? Even as the President left the country?

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by thetruepandagod View Post
    about three months. our final troop withdrawal began in May and almost entirely over by July 2nd when we left Bagram (which effectively ended our air support for the Afghani military as all strikes from then on sortied out of Qatar or the Persian Gulf, and amounted to only a handful a day). only a token force left to defend the embassy etc. their territorial advances date back as early as March of this year, but really picked up steam from May 1st onwards when they began their largest offensive to date to coincide precisely with our withdrawals.

by the time casual observers like you lot started paying attention the heaviest fighting was over. once provincial capitals started falling the question was how long it would take the country to fall (not long!) not how whether or not it would.

Quote Originally Posted by Athas View Post
    What was the Afghan government's will in this, for the US to leave? Even as the President left the country?
    President Ghani was a corrupt, incompetent coward overseeing a corrupt, incompetent government but he wanted a U.S. presence in country for as long as we were willing. by the beginning of the month he was blaming our hasty withdrawal for the security situation.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    a shameful day in the long shameful history of American foreign policy. our presence there was largely as a stabilizing force, and had been for years as combat operations ended long ago and there had not been a combat casualty in 18 months. and as a stabilizing force we were successful, in the time following the end of American combat operations the Taliban had not taken and held a single provincial capital. when they managed to break government lines the U.S. organized and air-supported Afghani-fought efforts to retake said capitals, with an unfailing success rate. in the two months after we left without setting up a functional transition or negotiating a peace treaty they gobbled up 16 before the government itself collapsed utterly and Kabul fell without a fight.

withdrawing saved no American lives, condemned forty million Afghanis to fundamentalist tyranny, showed regional allies yet again Americans cannot be relied upon in the long-term (to compound on our betrayal and abandonment of the Kurds), stranded thousands of American supporters to the mercy of our enemies because of simple organizational incompetence re withdrawal plans, and hastened the formation of who knows what vile Islamist concoction to be borne out of such fertile environs a la al-Qaeda and ISIS. an unnecessary and self-inflicted wound, and a catastrophic foreign policy failure of the Biden administration.
    IMO there are a lot of countries whose populace would be better off if it was a US colony where we stabilize a socially liberal puppet government for limited blood and treasure. Unless "indefinite colony" was the final status of Afghanistan, though, the withdrawal was an eventuality necessitated by our decision to invade their country in the first place.

Also, we hadn't had fatalities for 18 months because Trump made a "don't shoot us and we won't shoot you btw we're leaving" deal with the Taliban. That represents substantial operational discipline/coordination on the part of the Taliban, honestly beyond what I thought they were capable of. If we were still there in a year there's no guarantee they wouldn't go back to their tomfoolery.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Dude ended the afghan war and is giving us infrastructure, he's racking up win after win baby

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

This is going to be playing nonstop against every Dem candidate for the next 3 years.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Prior to actually pulling out, im confident if I asked any local American whether we should stay in Afghanistan or not, they'd err on the side of bring the boys home, stop spending money, etc. I just don't see people caring about this as much as other people want them to. It's not pretty, but it's what most Americans I can think of wanted.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Maybe China's more prominent and grotesque violations against Muslims along with regional proximity will create a more attractive target than more of our major cities.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    This is going to be playing nonstop against every Dem candidate for the next 3 years.

Why? Republicans hate Brown people. Biden just owned a lot of them, and they were the enemy to boot! Nobody actually thinks the U.S. considered any Afghan an actual friend or ally. We were there to make money and flex our giant military boner. Look how we fucked the Kurds once their "help" was no longer required.

Red states should be thanking him.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag