• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by kisada View Post
    pretty sure they won't miss him since they got someone who is almost immeasurably superior in every way.
    Pretty sure they will since he was the emotional leader of the team.

Harden is quiet and CP3 is prickly - it is foolish to suggest this won't affect team chemistry

You can miss someone even if you're replacing them with a better player.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    Pretty sure they will since he was the emotional leader of the team.

Harden is quiet and CP3 is prickly - it is foolish to suggest this won't affect team chemistry

You can miss someone even if you're replacing them with a better player.
    and that's why they will bring back Josh Smith baby

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

i mean i think he's past his prime if you ask me. i saw a tweet where a few front office execs said they'd be surprised if he got a max offer from the clips, which intimates he's too much of an injury risk to give big money to for plenty of teams.

basically money could absolutely be that one and deciding factor.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    i love Bev but that is not very much at all for CP3. Dekker is OK for a young potential bro but Lou Williams was absolutely a net negative given how badly he played for them and that draft pick is gonna be awfully late.
    Clips didn't have much leverage given he could walk for nothing. This does allow him to get that 200m max from Houston next year if he chooses

GATTACA!

BG Level

i mean i think he's past his prime if you ask me. i saw a tweet where a few front office execs said they'd be surprised if he got a max offer from the clips, which intimates he's too much of an injury risk to give big money to for plenty of teams.

basically money could absolutely be that one and deciding factor.
    Yes, money and years. KOC and Tjarks on the ringer made really good points though - he gives you a higher ceiling than someone like Hayward and ceiling is what you need to beat the best teams right now. They also made the point that he has been badly misused on the Clips as exclusively a post player when he is such a skilled passer and can operate PnR

Hope he goes to a good coach like Stevens or Pop

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

eh that's a gross, gross, gross and limited simplification of how he was used (am i redundant? idk). tjarks is one of the biggest fucking idiots i've ever read basketball stuff from so yeah.

btw the "trade" is basically more than the clips could have hoped to have gotten. it'd what i'd call a win for someone who was gone anyway.

GATTACA!

BG Level

eh that's a gross, gross, gross and limited simplification of how he was used (am i redundant? idk). tjarks is one of the biggest fucking idiots i've ever read basketball stuff from so yeah.
    Oversimplified or not, the point stands that the Clips have had terrible spacing and CP3 (rightly) dominating the ball since Blake has been there

Lol at tjarks being a fucking idiot. Are Simmons and KOC fucking idiots too? Because they agree with him a lot of the time and all three generally know their shit and back it up with data

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

i'm talking about him being what they call exclusively a post player. blake was/is used for a lot more than that. i'm just saying that blake being that "exclusive post player" is all kinds of wrong. your point that the spacing on the team was poor can absolutely still hold true at the same time, in addition to paul taking blake's carries. most clip fans thought that the team could have done really well with blake doing a lot of staggered bench minutes but since doc rivers is the anti-christ that was never going to happen.

fwiw i like KOC. doesn't mean he can't be wrong. bill simmons is a moron but you know i abide by that. with tjarks, almost everything i've read from him during his realgm days was complete and utter DOGSHIT. his content was unbearably bad. if he got 1000x smarter than that he'd still be writing dogshit +1 kinds of articles.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

David Aldridge ✔ @daldridgetnt
    So (take a breath): Beverley, Williams, Dekker, Harrell, Kelly, Liggins, Quarterman & 2018 first (small protection) to Clippers for CP3.

that's pretty good for someone who could have left for nothing. from what i heard, paul knew he was leaving but he informed the clippers so they could get something back. i was totally ok with getting dekker. but harrell too? and liggins? and who the fuck is kelly and quarterman? lmao

GATTACA!

BG Level

I shouldn't have used the word exclusively. If the Tjarks article doesn't burn your eyes, it has a table showing what % of each play type Griffin has been used in and what percentile of the NBA Griffin is scoring in each category. He's 94th percentile in PnR but only took part 8% of the time, compared to 40-60th percentile for his other play types

GATTACA!

BG Level

David Aldridge ✔ @daldridgetnt
    So (take a breath): Beverley, Williams, Dekker, Harrell, Kelly, Liggins, Quarterman & 2018 first (small protection) to Clippers for CP3.

that's pretty good for someone who could have left for nothing. from what i heard, paul knew he was leaving but he informed the clippers so they could get something back. i was totally ok with getting dekker. but harrell too? and liggins? and who the fuck is kelly and quarterman? lmao
    Ryan Kelly who they literally just purchased from Hawks, Quarterman is an old LSU player, dleague or end of bench

I imagine all those inclusions are to make the dollars work

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Ryan Kelly who they literally just purchased from Hawks, Quarterman is an old LSU player, dleague or end of bench

I imagine all those inclusions are to make the dollars work
    yeah that was all i would ever expect them to be.

i think we probably agree on some of the same stuff. going by the eyeball test, this past season was relatively poor for blake's p/r game. i mean overall the offense wasn't nearly as clean as previous years but i didn't see nearly the same amount level of p/r mastery between paul/jordan/griffin compared to previous seasons. i guess that's one and the same for that offense.

the clips did seem to go to a lot more iso/post shit and it was mind numbing not seeing all the usual stuff i was used to seeing before. this past season was really a sad deterioration in a lot of ways.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

one of clips former sideline reporters who works for espn now tweeted out a fairly interesting story. basically said paul began to dislike doc after austin was brought in because he wasn't as tough on his son as he was on other players (something i've seen for years with jamal crawford). beyond that, austin never really bought into the whole team camaraderie thing, which makes sense because he's an arrogant son of a bitch and that just made things worse.

paul blamed doc for not pushing through with that austin for carmelo trade and the relationship was done after that. he said that paul despised rivers after all that.

GATTACA!

BG Level

yeah that was all i would ever expect them to be.

i think we probably agree on some of the same stuff. going by the eyeball test, this past season was relatively poor for blake's p/r game. i mean overall the offense wasn't nearly as clean as previous years but i didn't see nearly the same amount level of p/r mastery between paul/jordan/griffin compared to previous seasons. i guess that's one and the same for that offense.

the clips did seem to go to a lot more iso/post shit and it was mind numbing not seeing all the usual stuff i was used to seeing before. this past season was really a sad deterioration in a lot of ways.
    I think the crux of his argument, or at least the part I agree with, is that doc hasn't experimented and in some ways has limited Blake. Part of this is coaching, part is team construction, and part is team chemistry. Doc had a hand in all of that

GATTACA!

BG Level

one of clips former sideline reporters who works for espn now tweeted out a fairly interesting story. basically said paul began to dislike doc after austin was brought in because he wasn't as tough on his son as he was on other players (something i've seen for years with jamal crawford). beyond that, austin never really bought into the whole team camaraderie thing, which makes sense because he's an arrogant son of a bitch and that just made things worse.

paul blamed doc for not pushing through with that austin for carmelo trade and the relationship was done after that. he said that paul despised rivers after all that.
    I don't doubt any of that but the team camaraderie part is funny considering sources I've read saying CP3 was better friends with doc than any of the players. Makes sense that he would bail if that relationship soured

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I think the crux of his argument, or at least the part I agree with, is that doc hasn't experimented and in some ways has limited Blake. Part of this is coaching, part is team construction, and part is team chemistry. Doc had a hand in all of that
    yeah, some are definitely things that i've detested about rivers for years.

Season of the Siccness
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sicc Ward
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

My internet was down yesterday... Data on the phone kept me in the loop.

My take is that the Rockets crumbled in the playoffs because they could get through an entire season with Harden being an offensive force and commanding the opposition's defense. The Playoffs come, now teams have your number. They get CP3, now Harden for most of the game can go back to that much talked about well spaced offense and continue to be terrifying.

Beverly was a huge loss though, every team needs an asshole and that mfkr is asshole supreme with chips (since the 90's are cool again). I despise dude but if was on my time, I'd buy the jersey.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

So apparently Jimmy Butler gave out his phone number at his press conference in Minnesota today. If anyone wants to call and try to make a friend, it's 773-899-6071.

Jimmy Butler held his introductory press conference up in Minnesota this morning, and when he was asked about rumors of his discontent in Chicago, he waved it off and encouraged anyone who wanted to to hit him up.
    http://deadspin.com/jimmy-butler-giv...-to-1796519973

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

it was just a stunt lol, it's not really his, or at least not one of his main lines.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

it was just a stunt lol, it's not really his, or at least not one of his main lines.
    Was it?

https://www.thescore.com/news/1326552

That being said, yeah, it's probably some side phone he'll eventually discontinue

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast