Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    I am still baffled by our draft.

Like I get Isaac at 6. Even if I don't like him, I get why we took him

What I don't get is why did we trade the 25 and 35 picks when we have needs everywhere? If you're trading them, trade up or trade for a player. Trading for future picks 2-3 years down the line that are likely to be worse than the picks we gave up for them just confuses me. I don't understand what we're trying to accomplish.
    Maybe packaged for a bigger trade?

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Maybe but can't see what we got having more value than what we already had.

Give me the 25 pick over a future OKC first (that is Top 20 protected)
    Give me the 35 pick over a future 2nd (It's the Nets at least but they have 3 years to get out of the bottom 5 and make this worse than 35)

If the OKC 1st wasn't Top 20 protected it would be good (Top 10 or lotto protected may have made a little more sense). But risking getting nothing (or 25-30) seems stupid for the small chance to get a 21-24 pickin a draft that may or may not be good.

Like we really couldn't have packaged the 25 and 35 and maybe a player to move up a few spots? We didn't want to take a flyer on Jawun Evans at 35 when our PG situation is spotty?

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

So how the hell did the Warriors for the second straight year not have any draft picks and had to buy a second rounder just to grab anyone?

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

What has just dawned on me is the fact that when we traded up for Payton a few years back (for Saric plus a future 1st), we effectively gave up the 2017 #5 pick. I'm pretty sure it was the 76'ers 2017 1st in that deal that we gave back to them (which they then exercised their swap rights with the Kings to make it #3 and then traded up to #1)

If I'm remembering right, that seems such a shoddy deal in hindsight (2014 #12 and 2017 #5 for 2014 #10)

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    So how the hell did the Warriors for the second straight year not have any draft picks and had to buy a second rounder just to grab anyone?
    It was due to the initial acquisition of Iggy years back iirc.

Going into the night with no draft picks and walking away with Bell and Boucher is fucking spectacular. Boucher may never pan out since it's still not even known how well hell recover from his ACL tear, but Bell will probably be seeing minutes from opening day.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Bell is a player for sure, he beasted the NCAA tournament and apparently shut down everyone he faced in team workouts too

Also can you imagine how good it would feel to be drafted by this Warriors team? Best culture/chemistry/talent in the league? Only the Spurs and maybe the Celtics can even come close on any of those levels I imagine

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

How should I feel about the Pistons drafting Luke Kennard?

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

With 3 taken last night, UCLA now has had 100 players drafted, the most of any college

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    How should I feel about the Pistons drafting Luke Kennard?
    Great shooter and offensive player, best case scenario is JJ Redick.

Has short arms and poor defensive stats so most likely a liability on that end.

I'd want higher upside out of the pick but I feel that way about a lot of the picks

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    Also can you imagine how good it would feel to be drafted by this Warriors team?
    Probably feels something like this https://mobile.twitter.com/_KlayAlle...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    Great shooter and offensive player, best case scenario is JJ Redick.

Has short arms and poor defensive stats so most likely a liability on that end.

I'd want higher upside out of the pick but I feel that way about a lot of the picks
    /r/detroitpistons is split with half saying it's terrible and the other stating the short arms thing is a non factor and to see how he plays before burying him. Seems like a decent pick.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

you sure you can trust nba reddits?

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    /r/detroitpistons is split with half saying it's terrible and the other stating the short arms thing is a non factor and to see how he plays before burying him. Seems like a decent pick.
    Well arm length will always be a factor based on how the sport is played. It limits him defensively. But no, I wouldn't bury him either.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kisada View Post
    you sure you can trust nba reddits?
    I don't know about Pistons, but the Detroit Lions is legit. Won NFL subreddit of the year! And then the Titans tried to outmeme the Lions. Didn't go well for them. Even the Patriots had to bite Dad Stafford's comeback meme.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Adrian Wojnarowski‏ @WojVerticalNBA
    Sources: Clippers All-Star forward Blake Griffin has opted out of his contract to become a free agent.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

jimmy butler's so mad LOL

"I guess being called the face of an organization isn't as good as I thought," Butler, 27, told the Sun-Times from Paris, where he first learned of the trade. "We all see where being the so-called face of the Chicago Bulls got me. So let me be just a player for the Timberwolves, man. That's all I want to do. I just want to be winning games. Do what I can for my respective organization and let them realize what I'm trying to do.

After being traded to the Timberwolves, Jimmy Butler shared a heartfelt Instagram post that pays tribute to his tenure in Chicago.
    "Whatever they want to call me -- face -- I don't even want to get into that anymore. Whose team is it? All that means nothing. You know what I've learned? Face of the team, eventually you're going to see the back of his head as he's leaving town, so no thanks.''

for real though the bulls were shitty to him so good for him to be on the way out.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Butler's trainer also dropped this one on Twitter

"0-82. Worst culture in the league. I met drug dealers with better morals then their GM. He is a liar and everyone knows"

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Magic Johnson and Phil Jackson race to the bottom

Pretty wild how little that organization has to show for letting go of an MVP, DPOY, and a blossoming 2 way star. Granted Rose and Noah are shells of the players they were but still. At least THIBS will get to finish running Butler into the ground the way he did Rose and Noah

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Rose was made out of glass, but was Noah just wear and tear from Thibs leaning too heavily when they were out of contention anyway?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

rose was fine before thibodeau thought it smart to play him heavy minutes in a blowout. and that wasn't just that one game, that's what he does, and it should be well known by now that extended minutes adds a strong toll on an athlete's body.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast