1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 2 hours, 54 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 21 hours, 5 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 19 hours, 54 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 14 hours, 5 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
    Link is broken FHT: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...331863/?page=7

Anyhow, most of those "tanks should tank" aren't main tanks or haven't touched tanking since start of 4.0(to be fair, talking about the ones who haven't seriously tanked for long periods). There's a thread there calling for VIT to be included in damage calculations again, but I think it will get buried soon.

As for Makeda, yeah, that's the one that thinks no one needs provoke, so expect idiocy always from that person.
    Apologies, it seems that whenever I post from my phone the link is invalid. I am with Edelweiss there, I just can't wait to see what is their next move, the removing of iLv270 STR accs without providing a stronger enmity factor or scaling from VIT would be equaly sad and funny, but lets be careful there because their holy solution could aslo be to nerf DPS. Why not push stupidity further while at it?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Tanks no longer scale with str damage, and all now gain Flash at level 1, with a new trait that causes auto attacks to harm MSQ mobs at 1% per second. Riot Blade, Maim, and Syphon Strike now immediately cause the game to apply 9200% of your current threat to a random party member. Please look forward to it!

Reddit is making me go insane with this shit, Edelweiss said what I've been trying to get through to some people on there and that is if a Tanks main priority is to hold aggro and mitigate damage then what the fuck we were doing in Heavensward? Because I'm pretty sure the DPS didn't tank Alexander.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

The OF is rocking the retardation at its full potential lately, between the "Hahahaha Tanks go full VIT and suck it up" or this story regarding 2 players owning 28 houses on some servers.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Having played Tank, healer and DPS for equal amounts of time.. all with at least one lvl60, I can read topics there and point out why these people keep wanting so and so job to be nerfed/buffed. It all comes out the same: they are lazy and don't know how to play their classes.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

If you ever needed proof the ffxiv reddit is just the OF with more fanart

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...your_research/

Some of those responses...

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

SE still doesn't seem to understand that the players are not going to play how SE envisions us playing. We are always going to play to the absolute limits of what we can manage. Give an inch, we'll take a mile. The classic example is XI's NIN. How they did not learn from that yet, I really don't know. They made it to be an elemental dps/enfeeb class with some evasive maneuvers. They apparently did not consider

1. how NIN can keep up shadows and sub war for voke would make it not just able but VERY able to tank
    2. how NIN was doing more dps than a PLD and therefore was more efficient to bring as a tank to most things (until war/nin zerg play showed up anyway)

They are having the exact same misconceptions about the playerbase and meta playstyle even now. The bottom line in any MMO's endgame is "how fast can you kill the mob?" which is equivalent to "how much dps can your party push out in X amount of time?" SE even instates the dps checks to enforce this mentality. And then they act confused when tanks prefer STR accs to squeeze a tiny bit more dps out at the cost of some HP they maybe didn't really need anyway thanks to heals and mitigation abilities.

So again they are overlooking

1. how tanks can use STR accessories to push out more damage while pushing the limits of how little HP they can manage with
    2. how the top performing tank in overall dps ability is going to be the one that gets brought to raids

They also don't understand that there is little wiggle room here on the part of the desires of players. There might be some parties here and there that opt for comfort over efficiency but endgame is always going to be bottom line about efficiency. How quick you can get something done with as few mishaps as possible. It's engineering, something many of these devs must be quite familiar with yet somehow fail to apply to MMO play even though the evidence is everywhere and the playstyle is created and enforced by the devs' use of dps checks and ability to skip problematic phases with enough dps. Tanks got used to contributing meaningfully to this with their good dps in HW and now they're angry that their contribution has changed from dollars to dimes which naturally makes the role feel less rewarding.

OF/reddit have nothing on SE when it comes to overlooking the glaringly obvious.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

SE don't play their own game.

The state of BLM in 4.0 shows that.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

What's wrong with BLM?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    What's wrong with BLM?
    Its a caster?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    Its a caster?
    A caster with no raise even.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alkimi Asura
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    What's wrong with BLM?
    Nobody is really using Blizzard IV outside of the opener. At least the highest parsing ones.

That's one thing that's wrong anyway.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Is the MP reduction not high enough to parse more? I don't get it.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Knowing pretty much nothing about the state of BLM I assume it doesn't save enough to meaningfully fit more fire4s into AF phase and or ducks with putting up Thunder.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well it nullifies the MP cost increase of Astral Fire for 3 spells so you should be able to fit at least one-two extra Fire IV in your rotation. I don't have a 70 BLM though so I don't know how this all works there.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serenseven Dertavernen
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The problem, believe it or not, is Enochian being tied to the AF/UI timer. If you have to move at all, you're probably going to have to skip at least one potential cast in each 13-second window. This starts adding up in a long parse. Swiftcast/Triplecast/Ley Lines helps some, but on a movement-intensive fight (read: nearly everything in 4.0) we just get interrupted too damned much.

So we look longingly at RDM, for whom literally every other cast is instant, and decide maybe it's time to hang up the petasos, at least until the next rebalancing.

http://imgur.com/a/U2XZ3

looks fake as fuck but here ya'll go

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

More than likely fake esp since it aligns far too closely with people's "wishlist" for nerfs and buffs.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I agree. When was the last time SE adjusted 10 jobs in a mid-cycle point release?

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Well to be fair the last time they had job changes even remotely this vast was HW. SB changed much more than HW did so i wouldn't put it past them.

Still. Taken with a truckload of rock salt..