1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 3 hours, 12 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 20 hours, 47 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 20 hours, 12 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 13 hours, 47 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Pets aren't even targetable in PvP anymore (they are basically just a potency buff), so that's not a concern.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Granted the only pets are what Aetherpact Eos and Bahamut? The latter doesn't take damage in pve either even.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Taim Meich View Post
    Yeah. RDM is not the king of support, but has Embolden, a good raise, and Vercure may not be a healer substitute, but it's great for "oh shi-" moments. However BLM can contribute damage and damage alone (aside from cross-role stuff), so they should be the SAM of ranged combat. SMN isn't exactly stellar in the support department, either, so it could use a small damage buff... And fucking Sustain back. I cannot imagine how annoying would be Shiva EX when it got released without Sustain to help with the constant damage the pets were taking.
    i am aware that BLM is in a bad spot hence the suggestion for a trait that lets you finish casts while moveing if they reached 50% of the cast bar or so. Imho the biggest isdue BLM is faceing is the design of fights with constant moveing. SMN isnt hit so bad by that because DoTs duh. Unless they fix that BLM will allways have issues. Dualcast is one of the reasons why RDM works good as a caster. Moveing doesnt tamper them much.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Granted the only pets are what Aetherpact Eos and Bahamut? The latter doesn't take damage in pve either even.
    In PvP, Eos is only available as a timed-buff that adds an Embrace onto each heal, while Bahamut adds damage (Wyrmwave) to each attack and can also do Akh Morn. Neither can be interacted with; they are essentially minions that cast.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    If you take SAM's damage as a baseline I don't think RDM is OP at all lol, if anything BLMs' damage need a boost to get to SAM's level.
    They wanted SAM nerfed too and there's a thread about it but it's buried now. There's TWO nerf RDM threads and they arent shutting the fuck up about it, doing their best to keep the one in general up top. Dear OF: It aint that serious.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Burning Legion

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...ungeon-Parties

Here's your daily dose of cancer.

I don't know who is worse - these "you pull it, you tank it" obstinate single-pull tanks or the no DPS healers.

What I do know is that I want to die.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I just try to pull whatever looks safe enough for me and the healer. Standard is still 3 packs. But if there is a big ass mob among them, I prefer to keep those as a single pull. Yeah I've had those groups where they seem to be oblivious that there is a tank among them, and just pull away before I even get a chance to use unmend. And letting the DPS or even the healer.. "tank it" is not solving anything, it just creates angst in the group. Most runs take at least 20-25 minutes, (well they have for me) so it's all just toughing it out.

Edit: in DF it's generally difficult to gauge rather you can pull big due not knowing the healer. I can heal through any pull, but the tank doesn't know that til he tries. Some of them simply wont.

Post 21 in that thread, says just party chat. Yeah that would work very well, if this were the FFXI community from way back. But in FFXIV, communication is pretty much dead.

And then there's post 37. Well, the person above me didn't need(in the manner that is implied) to read it, but he read it and now they wants to die. So there ya go.

tl;dr from that thread; pull entire dungeon or gtfo - or don't pull entire dungeon, if you do, gtfo. #OFWeDontKnowWhatWeWant

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I do my DR Experts on SCH and start each run by saying, "OK for big pulls."
    The rest is up to the tank.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Burning Legion

Hmm...

Maybe I am unreasonably mean?

For me personally, I don't expect the tank to pull the whole dungeon, but single pulls are soooooo boooooring.

...and I was being hyperbolic about wanting to die (mostly).

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I guess I didn't mention that "OK for big pulls" from the healer has a 90%+ success rate in getting the tank to do so (slightly less when a dungeon is first released).

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by missybee View Post
    Hmm...

For me personally, I don't expect the tank to pull the whole dungeon, but single pulls are soooooo boooooring.

On my alt's DRK thats still in the process of leveling I single pull till I see what the healer is capable of, especially since DRK mitigation is absolute dog shit compared to PLD and WAR until 70 and even then it's a bit iffy.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Hmm...

No. It's very reasonable to detest that kind of pulling.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    On my alt's DRK thats still in the process of leveling I single pull till I see what the healer is capable of, especially since DRK mitigation is absolute dog shit compared to PLD and WAR until 70 and even then it's a bit iffy.
    Aside from Hallowed for stupid pulls, I don't notice a difference. My CD combos are always Rampart, Sentinel, and Bulwark/Convo. Rampart, Shadow Wall, and Anticipation/Convo for DRK. Could even add Awareness for the last grouping on DRK if you feel it's lacking compared to Bulwark

I'd probably use Living Dead like Hallowed if I could be bothered to make a macro for it

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Burning Legion

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...to-do-a-thing.

This one is pretty painful.

It gets cranked up to an 11 when the OP's wife shows up and proceeds to go full harpy.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...to-do-a-thing.

This one is pretty painful.

It gets cranked up to an 11 when the OP's wife shows up and proceeds to go full harpy.
    Came to read the wife go nuts, almost gave up because she didn't show up 'til page 5. For anyone curious, she starts in at post#59 (2nd to last post on page 6, with default settings). It gets much more amusing once she pops in.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Came to read the wife go nuts, almost gave up because she didn't show up 'til page 5. For anyone curious, she starts in at post#59 (2nd to last post on page 6, with default settings). It gets much more amusing once she pops in.
    oh dear lord she is a bitch lol. the kind of person who would get kicked ASAP in any party I've been in. yikes

edit: well this just keeps getting better and better. wifey sez: "If you want to blame someone, blame the devs for forcing group content on players." so his wife is pisssed off that the devs are forcing group content on players... in a MMO.

"yeah I don't do flanking" lol.... oh my. this is fantastic. well worth the time spent reading, and I usually ignore OF drama.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Burning Legion

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Sorry! I should have included that information.

Thank you for doing that.

...and yes, she is probably among the craziest people I have seen on the OF, and that is quite the feat.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Maybe people who aren't concerned about the group shouldn't play group games.

Just a thought.

Idiots.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Spoiler: show

Saving this in case it explodes.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah I saw that thread yesterday. I didnt link it because it felt more like he was blaming SE for his inability to play well. Seen too much of that. Didnt see wife post though, yeah worthy of fail. She pretty much exposed herself while trying to embed it in the defense of her husband. That said, id have no problem playing with the OP but I wont play with his wife, damn that. I mean damn she put herself on blast. Whatever is the OP's health issues is, probably can't be helped, I can't see it as a recipe to ruin someone's fun. The wife on the other hand admits to wanting to do so(and implies having done it) at her own amusement, so she has a choice and chooses to be an asshole.

There are times I feel like the game isn't worth playing because the community is so rotten, but that unfortunately is the nature of MMOs. It was no different in PSO, PSU, FFXI, Aion(much worse actually), and Perfect World. These kinds of people aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

edit: well this just keeps getting better and better. wifey sez: "If you want to blame someone, blame the devs for forcing group content on players." so his wife is pisssed off that the devs are forcing group content on players... in a MMO.
    The OP cites MMO/Mud history in his earlier posts, trying to say SE isn't justified in forcing group content, something that has been staple among all MMOs since the late 90s.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast