1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 3 hours, 49 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 20 hours, 10 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 20 hours, 49 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 13 hours, 10 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I am amazed that thread has gone on for so long and got so many pages and not get nuked.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Bunch of people in a thread talking about handicapped people and SE is all like

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Well, to be fair, everyone's saying "we don't have a problem with your handicap, we have a problem with your attitude".

edit: ...and it's been nuked.

2nd edit: ...and not just that thread. Apparently a bunch of threads are gone, to the point one person made a thread asking if the forum somehow got rolled back.

So it's happened: a thread so bad not only did it get nuked, but a bunch of (semi) innocent bystanders in the vicinity died along with it as well.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Lmao
    That shit show was great, I gotta visit the OFs more often.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post4338200

While he's not wrong, I guess this is the mentality. I don't play SAM or RDM, but I assume they have AoEs by time they hit Doma (all I ever get for leveling roulette) and for sure at 70..but I've yet to see either do AoEs yet want full pulls lol.

RDM can AOE in Sastasha lol, no excuse for the RDM to not AOE at all

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

SAM certainly has plenty of AoE by then. If other DPS isn't AoEing you might bottom out on TP fast, but even then they should still be using the AoE Iaijutsu.
    But I've run into a lot of this while leveling in SB. Had a run with two BLMs in Doma Castle where neither one cast Flare or Fire 2 at all.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

to be fair, RDM AoE "rotation" is boring as fuck :/ i.e. it's not actually a rotation, it's just one spell 95% of the time

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

SAM has full AOE at level45.

Partial at lv26

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Sam also bleeds through their TP at a lightning pace when AOEing, although, for the TP cost, the damage is staggering. Not even a goad will keep a Sam up for very long when they're full-on AOEing, but the damage absolutely justifies the cost.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Plus they get a tp-free aoe every 5 GCDs.

Also a Kenki based AoE.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    Plus they get a tp-free aoe every 5 GCDs.

Also a Kenki based AoE.
    Less when meikyo is up. Every 5th without, every 3rd with.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

That mch player totally got owned. Anyhow the reasons not to use aoes in that thread arent justifiable. It's called math. I feel as though the damage nerfs just give those people excuses not to use AOEs. And holy aint all that great. The real AOE power of whm comes from Aero III + aero II on all targets.

On DRK I still use Dark Passanger despite other DRKs saying it's not worth it. It's still a viable CD thanks to the blind affect.

SAM has pretty nice AOE and you'd be a fool not to use it. I use invigorate as soon as I hit 400tp to keep the AOE going.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Holy's greatness comes from the mitigation with AOE stun.

Not to mention if the WHM goes Holy -> Aero III -> Thin Air + Presence of Mind -> Holy Spam.

Throw in assize for free aoe heal + aoe damage.

Also if you use the new divine seal + regen on tank he should be set. More so if they pop convalesce. I love doing dungeons on WHM.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    Holy's greatness comes from the mitigation with AOE stun.

Not to mention if the WHM goes Holy -> Aero III -> Thin Air + Presence of Mind -> Holy Spam.

Throw in assize for free aoe heal + aoe damage.

Also if you use the new divine seal + regen on tank he should be set. More so if they pop convalesce. I love doing dungeons on WHM.
    That's assuming the tank is smart and pops CDs. I'm my last few runs I've had tanks doing mass pulls and not bothering with any defensive cooldowns. Regen isn't gonna do much there even with Lagresse. I can still Holy spam thanks to Benediction and Tetragrammaton so yay! Just tossing some cures in for lilies.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Don't forget asylum. I mean I know it's like the unwanted child in the WHM toolset because lagresse doesn't affect it, but every little bit helps lol.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The 8s of Stun Holy buys you every pull cannot be understated on crud tanks. AST can only do a 5s stun every two minutes which you'd probably rather use to extend buffs instead, and SCH is boned if a tank pulls too much unless they Bio2 midpull and then swiftcast their Miasma as it settles to hit Bane onto before piling Adlos and Lustrates on the tank.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
    Don't forget asylum. I mean I know it's like the unwanted child in the WHM toolset because lagresse doesn't affect it, but every little bit helps lol.
    Oh I don't forget about it, don't worry. Those awful tanks tend to step out though lol.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...uss_this_game/

Quote Originally Posted by mooglearmy
    This might be a bit silly. But recently I've been finding that comments and threads here often make me feel really down about this game and the community. Especially regarding other players, even if they're terrible, I feel sad seeing people mock them or be rude about them.

Is there somewhere that's more positive? Before you guys disagree and tell me that's a terrible idea, it'd just be an echo chamber and a hugbox, yes, I know, that's what I want right now. I am not saying this place is bad, I'm just saying it's bad for me, and I would like to know if there are any forums where I can stay up to date or discuss things with little/no negativity, especially towards other players.

Thanks. I'm not hopeful this post will be received well here, but I'd really appreciate any helpful/polite responses.
    Just.. lol.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I saw that thread yesterday. Made me laugh a little but then I seriously thought about whether there was anywhere on the internet that wasn't at all toxic and came up with nothing. People need to learn to be a little more thick-skinned or they're going to be seriously let down by basically everything in life.

Well, didn't the admins try to turn even BG into a hugbox at one point?

When I think of all the times I've been roasted here, it makes me die a little inside to think that some people can't even handle Reddit's level of nastiness.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast