1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 1 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 58 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 16 hours, 1 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 17 hours, 58 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I can say BG was pretty "mean" during FFXI's heyday, but so were the other FFXI based boards as well, especially Alla.

Yeah it gets depressing seeing nothing but negative comments from folks about the game. It's hard to enjoy an online game, when its like you're the only one out of thousands that enjoy it. I'll even go on to say that not sharing the same negative feelings towards the game with the rest of the players, is a blight to them. When I'm in a group in DF, it feels like they just want to get it over with so they can log off O_o. Pulling as FAST as you can, and you still finish the dungeon in the same amount of time if you were pulling a little less. Game itself, IMO isn't bad. It's just the director isn't doing what people want him to do and that just magnifies their hate for the game more.

Anyhow, just thinking today that the OF has excuses not to AOE, but yet, a tank better pull big or else. o_o

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Many people complain because they enjoy what they're complaining about, though.

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Speaking of myself, when I pull several groups as a WAR, I do it because I find it more fun. And if I see that we wiped or the healer was having trouble keeping me up, or the DPS were a little slow, I ask if I should pull less/slow things down. Most of the time people want me to go ahead and keep going.

As a DPS, dungeons are designed in a way that the standard pulls are 2-4 enemies, enough for AoE to be more efficient most of the time. If that's the case, and I'm going to AoE, I'd rather AoE a bigger pack, so I feel it's really worth it and not just a bit better.

I's been a while since I last healed in a dungeon, but usually I referred big pulls, because at least then I could be active healing and not throwing a cure or two while reapplying and Bane-ing dots in between, which is what happeed in short pulls.

All in all, I don't like big pulls to "get away with it already". I like them because they're generally more fun.

BG Level

Even as a filthy casual, small pulls are boring as fuck. You don't have to pull the whole dungeon while we're all still new and under geared, but, damn. There is no tension or excitement with pull 1 pack at a time.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...sh-80-s%29-%28

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeos
    People refuses to help with Experts and Omega Raid (for fresh 80's)

YET people are stuck and forced to pay over 10m gil to buy 320 set off MP due to people being toxic and selfish to help newer fresh 70 out (i refuse to relevel another job after getting 2 dps up to 70) and POTD is BORING as hell and gets to me FAST ...
    haha_oh_wow.jpg

Gets better when apparently this guy was following tanks and healers around begging for help/begging for money in Kugane. Also an Abbo.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Many people complain because they enjoy what they're complaining about, though.
    This is common in the FGC as well.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

^ Humanity in a nutshell. Well said.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Well sure, if you don't care about something you move on. If you care and want it to stop sucking like it does, you complain. Complaining is cathartic. I love complaining <3

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I can't deny such undeniable truth, even though it doesn't apply to everyone, but the minority never matters. XD

Side note, haven't played Street Fighter since Street Fighter Alpha 3. I hated FFXIII so much, but liked FFXIII-2(and then decided it would be the last single player FF game I would play).

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

If you've played SF2/SFA3 you can play SF5 it's basically the same game

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...r-Combat-Zones.

The responses from the OF.

This is why we can't have nice things.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

There's no reasoning with a guy who made sure to have a counter point for all possible points that would be used in response to his thread, before they are even made.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Those counterpoints are actually made in response to some of the dumb shit logic in support of how Sprint currently is, as stated in replies to the OP. Might as well have unlimited Sprint inside cities at least.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

-players that say we have the convenience of Aetherytes:

there are many scenarios where a player has to sprint to an Aetheryte, then after teleporting, sprint's affects have most likely worn off and the player is left to jog the rest of the way. then, the player has to jog back to another Aetheryte, and so on until after the 40 seconds of CD. plus, and yes im saying this again, if players like the Aetherytes, whats stopping them from using Aetherytes if unlimited sprint were to be added? it's not like an unlimited sprint would outclass these methods of travel, that is why i see no reason why sprint should not be unlimited. it's a simple QoL change.

Spoiler: show
    there are many scenarios where a player has to sprint to an Aetheryte, then after teleporting, sprint's affects have most likely worn off and the player is left to jog the rest of the way
    sprint's affects

nope, I'm out!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post
    Those counterpoints are actually made in response to some of the dumb shit logic in support of how Sprint currently is, as stated in replies to the OP. Might as well have unlimited Sprint inside cities at least.
    Server/PS4 limitations.

:]

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post

The responses from the OF.

This is why we can't have nice things.
    Here's another Forum Logic Best: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/f...threads/340676 (hopefully the link works posted from my phone)

Some players complain they are bored an point out the fact SB is a third copy/paste of 2.0 and point how bad it is, and OF defending it. Usual shit.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by FHT View Post
    Here's another Forum Logic Best: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/f...threads/340676 (hopefully the link works posted from my phone)

Some players complain they are bored an point out the fact SB is a third copy/paste of 2.0 and point how bad it is, and OF defending it. Usual shit.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/340676
    Fixed your link.

And to be fair, the OP was using Twitch as a reasoning for popularity or some shit, which one early poster said that MMOs are somewhat shit for retaining viewing numbers since the gameplay isn't really all that interesting to watch vs. play. That and once the current raid cycle is clear, there's not really any reason to watch someone streaming it beyond it being a person you like.

We were also told ahead of time 4.0 was going to meet the status quo minus one less dungeon, so people being upset over that baffles me. Yeah you're bored, but they didn't promise anything either outside of Eureka which'll just be Diadem v3. Please keep buying fantasias and playing Glamour Fantasy XIV.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...in-every-month

OF bug report about there being errors in selecting your character's birthday.

Yup.

Numerous errors at character creation birth date selection, present in every month
    Let's try this again.
    1.I am aware that the Eorzean calendar has 32 days.
    2.The first bug begins on day 29 of the first month.
    3.The umbral months all have identical copy-pasted data entry errors beginning on the eighth day.
    4.If the person curating the bug forums would actually look at the screenshots and the days on which the errors begin, you will find that these are - without question - data entry errors.
    5.This is most certainly a bug report.

There are numerous data entry errors in the character creation birth dates for every month, leading to uncertainty about which date is actually being selected, and making certain dates impossible to select.

Every date after an error is offset, and some months contain multiple errors, causing discrepancies of several days to accumulate.

So yeah, guy apparently posted this before and is reposting it because they didn't give it the attention it deserved the first time.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

that thread is worth reading for the OP's response (third post) alone

I wouldn't actually read it per se - I couldn't care less if I tried - but just the condescending tone of the OP in his reply to the first poster, this is autism on steroids and I love it

here's hoping he gets more replies and becomes further and further incensed, because I'm bored as fuck today.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...e-per-lifetime

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I have dyslexia and I'm fairly certain I've never mistook any of this stuff because they're not similar enough. I've mistook IV and VI plenty though.

(Also I 'm fairly sure it's a troll topic though.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast