1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 57 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 2 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 17 hours, 57 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 16 hours, 2 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

tbh I'd be surprised if they made this drastic of a change before savage. It's a little annoying they said they're going to be nerfing SAM in the same patch savage comes out.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme View Post
    tbh I'd be surprised if they made this drastic of a change before savage. It's a little annoying they said they're going to be nerfing SAM in the same patch savage comes out.
    They didn't really say that. The whole paragraph is trying to explain why SAM is dealing higher damage than DRG.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    They didn't really say that. The whole paragraph is trying to explain why SAM is dealing higher damage than DRG.
    Are you referring to the post on the JP forums? My understanding is they said they were going to be lowering SAM potencies and removing the STR accessories from tanks in 4.05. However I don't speak moonrune so I'm going off what was relayed to me and google translate.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm referring to this: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...95#post4263595

And this in particular:

■Balancing DPS Roles■

I already touched upon this in my previous LIVE letter, but I'd like to take the opportunity to clarify balance among DPS roles.

Recently, samurai damage has been the subject of much debate, prompting many comparisons between jobs. In bringing samurai in line with other jobs, however, we not only look at solo damage values, but take all of the following into account:

Damage dealt when solo.
    Susceptibility to mechanics (jobs affected more by mechanics deal slightly more solo damage, and vice versa).
    Ability to raise a full party's total damage.

For instance, dragoon can greatly increase party members' damage, but deals less solo damage than samurai. In contrast, samurai boasts high solo damage, but cannot do much to increase party damage. Things such as the aforementioned susceptibility and the ability to perform ranged attacks are also considered.

We can't say with absolute certainty that the values will be perfect from the start, and it will be difficult to get a feel for the adjustments before they are released alongside Omega: Deltascape (Savage). For now, we will work towards applying those changes deemed necessary to 4.05, and we look forward to your feedback after you have played the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    I'm referring to this: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...95#post4263595

And this in particular:
    I think that's similarly worded to what was relayed from the JP one. I'm guessing this line:

"We can't say with absolute certainty that the values will be perfect from the start, and it will be difficult to get a feel for the adjustments before they are released alongside Omega: Deltascape (Savage). For now, we will work towards applying those changes deemed necessary to 4.05, and we look forward to your feedback after you have played the raid."

Is the basis for the assumption that a SAM nerf may happen prior to savage.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It's such a generic statement that I don't see why most are assuming that. Sure, it could happen but that is in no way a confirmation or anything. He could also be referring to DRG getting buffed instead for all we know.

What's the website that datamines? I heard the crafted gear was already in the files? I was wondering to see the stats.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

xivdb always does and there's nothing about that there. Someone probably got confused between crafted and crafter gear, or assumed it'd be out the same time like last time.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...ER-nerf-RDM%21

There ya go guys, have fun reading that~

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...ER-nerf-RDM%21

There ya go guys, have fun reading that~
    Thanks now i have cancer

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I saw that thread and thought it was a standard kind of calling out those asking for nerfs (which it shouldn't be), but god damn, would not have thought OP would be that retarded as to why it shouldn't be nerfed.

Also from somewhere on OF it was brought up apparently there's an exploit where you can get the enchanted melee combo under 80/80 that's going to be fixed.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Yeah the exploit is that mana consumption is also halved in imbalance. So you can combo at say 62/100 and do the whole chain. Granted this doesn't really save you on mana. It just might help out last minute fuckups on imbalance. It's silly and it's going away very soon anyways.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Whats going on with the outbreak of failposts #pleasenerfRDM. I can understand why people may feel like its OP, but to say it can replace a healer as an argument is squizing it to the extremes.. I mean what about party wide damages, surely new savages/EX will have that.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by FHT View Post
    Whats going on with the outbreak of failposts #pleasenerfRDM. I can understand why people may feel like its OP, but to say it can replace a healer as an argument is squizing it to the extremes.. I mean what about party wide damages, surely new savages/EX will have that.
    I really dont think RDM is OP at all compared to melees. I think SmN needs Sustain back and BLM needs a rework or trait to let them finish of started casts when theyneed to run. RDMs utility with vercure and verraise is laughable. If you have to use verraise more then twice in a fight the fight will fail in most cases anyway, your DPS will hit bottom...and vercure wont save tanks on tankbusters

Some people even want RDM dmg nerfed below BRD MCH numbers because of utility... yeah a cure and a raise are so much more usefull to the group then what brd can offer...
    God fuck the OF

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I feel like they want RDM relegated to being what it was in FFXI. O_o And knowing the FFXIV community so well, it'll be expected for any RDM to carry both healers in a raid and when shit hits the fan, it's the RDM's fault.

Oh GOD LOL. Here I am defending this job once again, in a totally different game.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    I really dont think RDM is OP at all compared to melees. I think SmN needs Sustain back and BLM needs a rework or trait to let them finish of started casts when theyneed to run. RDMs utility with vercure and verraise is laughable. If you have to use verraise more then twice in a fight the fight will fail in most cases anyway, your DPS will hit bottom...and vercure wont save tanks on tankbusters
    This so "¤%#! much.

If you take SAM's damage as a baseline I don't think RDM is OP at all lol, if anything BLMs' damage need a boost to get to SAM's level.

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Yeah. RDM is not the king of support, but has Embolden, a good raise, and Vercure may not be a healer substitute, but it's great for "oh shi-" moments. However BLM can contribute damage and damage alone (aside from cross-role stuff), so they should be the SAM of ranged combat. SMN isn't exactly stellar in the support department, either, so it could use a small damage buff... And fucking Sustain back. I cannot imagine how annoying would be Shiva EX when it got released without Sustain to help with the constant damage the pets were taking.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

They wouldn't need Sustain if they just give summoned pets the same hit detection as turrets. Turrets basically don't take any meaningful damage ever unless you place them in cleaves (or they are actually tanking because something aggroed you and you haven't attacked yet).

On the SCH front, some of their proposed changes are puzzling. Reducing the cooldown on Emergency Tactics is pretty marginal, as the primary usage for it (especially with new MP constraints) is 1) dual SCH or 2) recovering from Living Dead. It's hard to see them making Indomitability better when it's already one of the best skills in the game, but whatever. SCH already has a LV68 trait reducing AF recast, but maybe it'll become static instead of a proc? But Excogitation improvement and restoration of Miasma II are nice changes (presuming Miasma II is made useful this time).

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I'd rather them just not allow pets to take damage unless they're the explicit target. I was going to say "pets should take no damage at all", but then I remembered that titan-egi and PvP exists.