+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Reverse Dragon Scales are a lie.

Burninate all the things.
    BG Level

Pretty much all ascension mats are a lie outside of events. Those are your chances to stock up. Nero Festival should be coming soon, hopefully.

Man, spamming this 5 AP quest for dumplings is miserable. Would be more tolerable if there weren't like a 1m+ of loading screens.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I just started playing this but I don't know how long it will hold my attention. I love fate though so maybe it will succeed where so many other games have failed. But my question is, since I see a lot of complaining about AP regen here, have they fixed it at all by now so it regens faster or dungeons cost less AP? I know it's a F2P so I shouldn't expect much but wondering how bad I'm gonna get walled off later on.

No real changes. Halloween and the Christmas event were a bit more generous with apples, though.

Also, had to laugh at the one moment I peeked at the chat stream earlier, I saw Insanecyclone asking for 100 fangs.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Fuck those drops

Pretty much every drop is a pain unless they put it in an event shop.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Drop rates in this game are the worst I've ever experienced in any game. If it wasn't for FFXI's drop rate I would hate this shit even more.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

A bug going around after the maintenance, some people's CE inventories are disappearing after crashing when selecting a stage, burning cards, etc.

https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/...inventory_not/

Game is back up with some compensation tomorrow.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I started playing this a few days ago, liking it so far, I was prepared to reroll for hours on end but got hercules the second time so I went with that, from what I've read he's a solid damage dealer.

I've got two questions for you guys, 1) Should I rush through the story? Being able to summon a lv.100 5* easily carries me through it, or is it better to level up and use the guest servants for the 200 FP?

How does the friend system work? Do I have to get my servants summoned to get FP? If so, it's gonna take a long time to get FP that way, since I've got no friends playing this game D:

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Icarian View Post
    I started playing this a few days ago, liking it so far, I was prepared to reroll for hours on end but got hercules the second time so I went with that, from what I've read he's a solid damage dealer.

I've got two questions for you guys, 1) Should I rush through the story? Being able to summon a lv.100 5* easily carries me through it, or is it better to level up and use the guest servants for the 200 FP?

How does the friend system work? Do I have to get my servants summoned to get FP? If so, it's gonna take a long time to get FP that way, since I've got no friends playing this game D:
    I'd re-roll and try to get a 5* base. Herc is extremely good, but he's also somewhat "easy" to get as he's a 4* base, but that's just me. You get FP from using friend units, having your friend units used by others, daily login bonuses, and events. If you can clear a stage using the story servant for the 200 FP, I'd do that, otherwise, just take a friend that will carry you.

As for the story, go through it at your own pace. It's quite good. They occasionally do half AP story events, which makes blowing through them a breeze. Unfortunately, we just had that campaign recently, so it probably won't be back for a bit. You can level up servants (and your master level) pretty quick by doing the 40 AP Daily EXP quest (it has the red border). A Lv. 70-90 Jeanne friend can pretty much solo the whole thing for you.

You can add me, if you like. My friend code is in the signature, just tell me your in game name, so I know who to accept.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by IceSylph View Post
    I'd re-roll and try to get a 5* base. Herc is extremely good, but he's also somewhat "easy" to get as he's a 4* base, but that's just me. You get FP from using friend units, having your friend units used by others, daily login bonuses, and events. If you can clear a stage using the story servant for the 200 FP, I'd do that, otherwise, just take a friend that will carry you.
    I just took a look at some reroll posts on reddit and damn, maybe I should've rerolled a for a bit, people getting 5* and a bunch of 4* to boot... but I really don't want to start over, Herc is pretty good and I also got the 60% NP on start CE, so I'm doing pretty good for now, I just started Okeanos.

Hope I get lucky like Insanecyclone lol.

As for the story, go through it at your own pace. It's quite good. They occasionally do half AP story events, which makes blowing through them a breeze. Unfortunately, we just had that campaign recently, so it probably won't be back for a bit. You can level up servants (and your master level) pretty quick by doing the 40 AP Daily EXP quest (it has the red border). A Lv. 70-90 Jeanne friend can pretty much solo the whole thing for you.
    Are events locked after the story? That's what worries me, I don't want to miss on events because I haven't progressed through the story far enough

You can add me, if you like. My friend code is in the signature, just tell me your in game name, so I know who to accept.
    Will do, my IGN is Icarian.

About summoning friend's servants, is there any difference with them being summoned from a friend vs being yours? I know you can't use their NP if summoned from a random people, but they're available if it's from someone on your FL, right? If so, I could focus on my damage dealers/tanks and grab a Waver from a friend for support till I get one myself.

Also, are you always forced to summon a random/friend's servant for the third slot?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Icarian View Post
    I just took a look at some reroll posts on reddit and damn, maybe I should've rerolled a for a bit, people getting 5* and a bunch of 4* to boot... but I really don't want to start over, Herc is pretty good and I also got the 60% NP on start CE, so I'm doing pretty good for now, I just started Okeanos.

Hope I get lucky like Insanecyclone lol.

Are events locked after the story? That's what worries me, I don't want to miss on events because I haven't progressed through the story far enough

Will do, my IGN is Icarian.

About summoning friend's servants, is there any difference with them being summoned from a friend vs being yours? I know you can't use their NP if summoned from a random people, but they're available if it's from someone on your FL, right? If so, I could focus on my damage dealers/tanks and grab a Waver from a friend for support till I get one myself.

Also, are you always forced to summon a random/friend's servant for the third slot?
    I think some events may be locked until you're done with Fuyuki, which is pretty much just the tutorial.

If you use a friend's servant, you get more FP, and you're able to use their Noble Phantasm. If they're not on your friend list, you can still use them, but their Noble Phantasm will be locked out. Aside from that, there's no difference.

I wouldn't stress much over FP. While it may seem useful for lowbies, once your servant pool gets padded out with better units, you're probably more likely to just hoard it for events that have 3* currency card. But yes, I would also strongly encourage you to reroll for a good 5* unit. Herc, imo, is pretty shit until you get him fully ascended, and that is going to require materials you just won't have access to for a while due to story progression or missed events.

Fortunately, the Fuyuki chapter is generally stamina positive due to rank ups until the end, so playing through that shouldn't give you too much trouble. There's no actual event going on at the moment, either, so your choice is either going to be story progression or farming EXP cards for whatever you pull. I can clear a friend spot here shortly, and my code should be on page 1 of the thread here. I'd recommend using either my Drake or Santa Alter for EXP farming, the latter good for the last round when apply her buster buff and master attack ability to one-shot everything in the wave since you'll have 1 unit with higher HP. Only risk of survival would come from assassin types.

With friend carries, you'll probably only come into trouble early on at the end of some chapters with the boss fights.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Also make sure to change up your support page often when you get new things lvl'd up etc. Most people will ignore you if you friend them w/ only mash as the support showing.

709,526,592 is my ID if you need

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Ouch, you guys are making me regret going with Herc instead of rerolling for a 5* (Can you roll any 5* at the start?), I thought I got lucky because guides kept saying it was a very solid servant, oh well, guess I'm stuck with it now, I don't want to start over again.

About EXP cards, should I save them for the right class or just level up whatever I have at the moment? I have a bunch of cards but they're not for my main (aka Mash and Herc) classes right now, and I don't want to spread too thin leveling Hassan or Hans since If Herc goes down too soon my damage is just gone lol.

Sent a friend request to all of you.

EDIT: I'm reading you can't draw a 5* from the 10x quartz summon from the tutorial, is that right? Does that mean you have to get 30 quartz from quests to do a proper reroll? if so, fuck that lol, that takes way too long just for a single shot at getting a 5*.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Herc is fucking great

Burninate all the things.
    BG Level

Since I didn't see this answered, I just thought I'd point out that there is a button on the party composition page that allows you to rearrange the position of party members in your lineup. You can use this to change where the Support member starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    Herc is fucking great

This pretty much goes back to my point from the newbie perspective. In this case, the guy has pulled at least 3 Hercs to allow 200+ NP gauge, maxed bond for his CE and multiple Guts effect (something I've not come even close to for those I've nearly full-timed since July like Vlad), fully ascended and Grailed him 3 times (of 6 currently available NA), and probably max stat carded, too. Basically, he's not going to be carrying groups right out the gate, and my personal experience of using him early is that his NP gain is also absolutely atrocious when not cheesing solo.

His needed ascensions materials are probably among the more annoying to get, too, with golems being holdouts for the S2, then needing chimera claws and demon hearts for S3, then more of the former and dragon scales for the final. Again, an event may help here, but he's still not gonna be a carry with other key factors missing.

Probably one of my greatest aids starting out was mooching the Altera of others. Looking at her ascension requirements, the first 2 stages aren't too bad, while she shares heart and claw reqs at different stages relative to Herc. Getting the horseshoes probably shouldn't be too bad these days given Thursday daily or some main chapter farming options. Were one to play the reroll game, I'd say she'd be the one to target with honorable mention going to Gilgamesh if he was available. Fortunately, there are some more available friend options these days like Drake, Nobu, and Santa Alter for farming, while you may also see some really niche ones like people who grailed Robin or STELLLLLLLLA man. Solo killers like Jack, Mary/Bonnie, Okita, or even Herc wind up being more of a thing for chapter bosses or the super hard event fights if there are some. Mordred's probably comparable to Altera now that she's available, too, so that's one other option chase.

One benefit he doesn't have going for him like I or we did hear at NA launch was the long period of half-cost daily quests (though our skill/ascension ones were shit). The moment you can reliably start doing the 40 AP EXP quests, the RP will flow in at the low levels, leading to frequent rank up stamina replenishment, which further means more room for better servants and CEs.

In the end, I guess he'll be okay if he sticks with things and RNG cooperates in fleshing out his servant pool, but there may be some stumbling points here and there. Pragmatically, it probably is better to start now since I don't think there's any ascension material that's undroppable at this point, but getting up to and clearing London is still going to take 5 decent servants and maybe some revives against a boss or two.