+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm at Okeanos' last boss, can't cheese it anymore with friends summons alone and I wasted the command spells last night while playing half asleep.

I've done the 40AP daily twice now with Insanecyc's Jeanne, since I'm stuck for a day I'm using AP to clear the free qeusts for the first time to get SQ, I've got 92 so far, should I try to summon Mordred?

Is there anything specific I should use my AP on? I really don't know what to do or aim for once I get all the SQ from free quests.

Well, what to blow AP on really depends on your needs. If all of your party is currently level capped, then chasing ascension materials would be a wise thing to do. Getting things like white pieces isn't bad when there particular day is active, while golds may be a bit more difficult if your rounding is still spotty. Since the 2nd ascensions need secondary materials, this is probably where you'll start hating RNG since even some of the low-tier mats are pretty rare.

Alternatively, you could run the 30 AP EXP quests to collect silver cards to burn/sell, and then buy summon tickets before the month ends. Then repeat the process in January. This is also good for the gold EXP cards they sell, but I think that's a tip someone pointed out earlier in the thread.

Whether or not you want to summon is really up to you. You've got 3 10x pulls, which'll guarantee at least 3 4* things. You may luck out. You may get shit. Such is gacha. The next likely event is Saber Wars, which will be good for demon hearts, so that's a consideration both for your Herc and a potential Mordred. And if you do pull her, it'll shift your priority to getting to her at least 60 since she's also a bonus unit for the event. I'd lean toward going all in, personally, as the story missions will at least be there later. Chasing SQ from FQs can get stamina costly and may stall your short-term growth once full clears start costing 35+ stamina. Just make sure you do the Mordred banner and not the Story one if you're trying.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm leveling my servants for now, I'm starting to see why you're all saying I'll hate the droprates, they didn't look extremely low at first, but apparently some mats are only available on certain days... that's gonna be fun.

About the London summon event going on, do I have to clear it to get a chance at summoning Mordred?

No, she's available. Story locked units they introduced with London would be Alter Lancer and I think Tesla.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Welp, only got Emiya out of 90 quartz from the london banner...

Could've been worse, but welcome to salt.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Aaand there's now a banner for Tesla and Arturia Lancer, I should've waited -_-.

Once you've cleared all the quests (which honestly, doesn't take that long), how do you get SQ besides the daily log in and weekly mission? If you only get 6 quartz per week unless you open your wallet it's going to be nigh impossible to summon anything unless you're extremely lucky, that's not even a single x10 summon per month, how the hell do you guys have 3+ 5*?

I caved and bought Waver when they had a guaranteed 5* pull. My Vlad was a starter roll alongside Kaleidoscope CE with Drake RNG.

I won't disagree that they're stingy with SQ. Realistically, they need to work the weekly quests into reasonable dailies for 1. I also feel like FQs should reset weekly or something so you can get their rewards again. Otherwise, we're at the mercy of FB posts, events, and emergency maintenance for a generous bonus flow. Alternatively, they could actually buff the 4-5* rates so what limited pulls F2Pers get aren't littered with shit 3* CEs.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Huh, so you're pretty much stuck with your starter servants unless you spend a ton of money or get stupidly lucky with your once-every-5-weeks roll, I get why rerolling is all the rage on these games.

Anyways, apparently not only I have shitty luck with rolls, but also with drops, I cleared this 8 times for Evil bones and only got one, it has a 64% drop chance...

Any drop rates you see people posting on wiki are probably bullshit. In my experience, silver chests are something like 20% chance, and those go on to share a pool with things like skill tokens objectively cutting ascension mat rate to something like 10%. Red chests should expectantly be rarer. I'm assuming you're probably doing some Fuyuki stage that has a lot of skeletons, which probably has people running with gambler's fallacy on that 64% number.

All you can really do is keep at it. Events really are better about mats, though they don't offer all of them.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Icarian View Post
    Huh, so you're pretty much stuck with your starter servants unless you spend a ton of money or get stupidly lucky with your once-every-5-weeks roll, I get why rerolling is all the rage on these games.

Anyways, apparently not only I have shitty luck with rolls, but also with drops, I cleared this 8 times for Evil bones and only got one, it has a 64% drop chance...
    This is why you re-roll at the start, so you atleast have a great 5* to begin with. The rates in Fate really aren't that good for servants. 1% for 5*. 3% for 4*.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Yeah, thing is even then, you only have one 5*. I knew about summon rates before starting, what I didn't know was that you only have a shot at summoning every 5 weeks unless you throw money at the game, even upgrading a 4* servant's NP looks outright impossible, let alone a 5*. I thought it was a bit more F2P friendly considering how popular it is.

I like Herc, so I'm not all that bummed that I didn't get a 5* at the start, and he seems to have potential down the road if I never get a 5*.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Just don't underestimate 1-3 stars in this game. Unlike other mobge they have their uses and be grailed to become ever better.

Lets take Arash for example

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

A few other notable good 3* are Euryale, Robin Hood, Ushiwakamaru (sp?), and even Caesar. They're all pretty good at what they do, especially Robin Hood. You'll end up with NP5 of them too, since they're common from the friend point summons.

Well, kinda common.

The game also gives you free 4* units during some events, and some aren't that bad. 2 events ago, they gave away Nobunaga, who is a 4* Archer, and she was able to get NP5 from the event (I started replaying on the last day of the event, so didn't get ), and Santa Alter from the Christmas event, who was free and NP5 from the event. So they do give away decent stuff sometimes.

Burninate all the things.
    BG Level

From a gameplay perspective, content in fgo is far too easy to require hoards of five star servants anyways (If you can even afford the card cost once you add in CEs). You can either reroll or save up for a servant you really really like the design of and ignore most of the others. You can Grail any servant to 90 or 100 if you feel like it and some lower rarity servants have strong skills to make up for their lack of raw power.

If you're playing on NA there should be infographics out there showing every planned rateup campaign for the next couple years based on JP's banners so you can plan ahead.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Finished all the story released so far, getting full AP back everytime you level lets you do the whole chapter without having to wait for it to regen.

Time to level up and farm for ascension materials, I've ended up with 39 quartz and still have a lot of free quests to do, I might try to get 60 and try my luck with Artoria lancer if there's nothing interesting for new years.

EDIT: Went ahead and did the summon, nada, just some shitty resist debuff 4* CE

Yeah, I'm sad I haven't managed titty lancer, either.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I got her after 3 multis. Was going to skip new years banner, those servants come to story after 5th singularity, but it has a discount mona lisa QP 3star CE from the banner that I want bad. Fuck.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I've been reading about how amazing that CE is, but I still don't get how it works, something about getting more QP?