Page 1 of 56 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Hakkar

Fate/Grand Order (Smartphone)

Since I haven't seen this get its own thread going back five pages.

Who else has been playing this game? as of the current English release or the original JP one.

I've been using this,http://fate-go.cirnopedia.org/guide_faq.php#tier, to give me some basic ideas on skills that each servant has and ect. Can do unlimited rerolls to get who you, for the U.S release there are only 5 available 5 star servants open for now, so the list in the link is not accurate for the English side release. I don't really understand what criteria the site is using to measure which servant ends up where in their list though.

I must have rerolled around 15 times and only got a 5 star servant twice, F/SN Saber, and on my last one I got Jeanne D'Arc. I saved both accounts and can't decide which one to stick with, but I'm leaning towards the OG Saber since she seems to have better offensive skills than Jeanne.

What has been everyone's experiences when playing this and what kind of setups have you been running here

*edit* Friend code: 785,790,985

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Played JP last year for a week or so before the client fucked up on me, black screen. Plus I had no idea wtf I was doing anyways.

First multi I got a *4 Carmilla and stayed w/ that. I don't like rerolling in these games cause it's so damn boring. Long as I get a 4+ star I'm good.

Then yesterday night I pull a *5 Artorius...and then just an hour ago I pull a *5 Jeanne d'Arc after saving up. I'm fucking set now.

ID is 709,526,592 add me

Also VERY USEFUL
    http://fategrandorder.wikia.com/wiki...#Growth_Curves

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Rerolled for a day to get a 5 star I wanted. Decided to stick with Waver when I got him. Didn't get a good 4 star from it though, but I'll probably just choose Herc or Emiya once they give us the free 4 star.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Why the frack is this not out in EU, raaaage

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Why the frack is this not out in EU, raaaage
    If on android, you can download via QooApp or something similar. If on iOS you can make a US account and still play.

Been tinkering lazily since the other day. Pulled a Vlad and a 5* accessory that lets me start him with 60% NP. Usually has him ready for boss rounds by the time you get to them if you utilize him. Currently does around 12k for me, so it's decent burst for early on. Being a berserker, though, some unlucky enemy focus could take him out.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Friend code is: 734,348,828.

Nothing special yet. Just a Lviv.20 Waver really.

Burninate all the things.
    BG Level

Been playing the JP version since launch. Tossed together an account on NA servers so I can read the story properly and roll for limiteds I missed like Bryn. ID is 948,575,057. Let me know in thread or by pm if you're adding me so I can make space on my friend list.

Current support list:
    Spoiler: show

Re rerolling and tier lists: Tier lists are a meme in this game, I wouldn't take them seriously at all. All content is PVE and none of it is difficult enough that you can't clear it with a team of low rarity characters if you put the time/effort into maxing them out and making sure your team has good synergy. Reroll for characters whose designs you like. If you really want to min-max, just grab Waver. He was trash tier on JP launch, but got a series of buffs a couple months in (which NA has by default) and is still considered broken on JP servers, so you have at least 2 good years of him breaking the game for you.

Similarly, don't be discouraged if you really like a character with a low natural rarity. The Palingenesis function allows you to increase the level cap of characters so you can, with enough grinding, bring a 1 star unit up to level 100 (the absolute maximum cap). Palingenesis does require Holy Grails, which have very limited availability (locked by story), so make sure you're committed to a servant before spending them. You can see the JP servant list on cirnopedia (linked in the OP) so you have an idea about what's coming down the line for NA and who you might want to save up for.

BG Level

Sorry for the double post, but if any of y'all are rerolling for 5star servants I've got a few reroll accounts I'm willing to give away to BG peeps. So far I have spare accounts with Vlad III (Berserker), Altera, and Artoria (Altria). Just let me know if you want one.

Few more days into this... while the energy system they use is more or less typical for a mobile, I can't help but feel the costs they use for stages on the high side. Would also be nice if rank ups provided more toward the max so you don't wind up with wasted overflow when you're sleeping or can't pick it up 3-some hours after exhausting your supply.

Anyway, finished the France chapter and have just been devoting myself to EXP card grinding the third stage. Once I get Vlad to 60, I'm probably going to pick one of my 4* to bring up so I could then maybe try the 40 energy stages. More or less been shackled to a friend unit's rainbow Saber girl since her NP makes the 3rd round a breeze if I can charge it. Otherwise, sometimes I might lose Vlad due to bad RNG in both card draws and enemy attacks.

When it comes to combat, the green commands don't really feel worth it. Unless there's something I'm missing via assassin-types or whatever is more tailored toward them.

BG Level

Right now your best bet is to farm a lot of the 40 AP EXP hand quests for the 15k master exp to grind up your master rank. It's tons more efficient than the 30AP run which only nets you 5k exp. It's just a matter of if you can clear it reliably. This will increase your AP total, Cost limit, and Friend list slots. By rank 100 or so you'll have enough AP to get through the night or an 8-9 hour work day.

Team building in this game generally becomes a matter of focusing on one of the three card types. Using quick cards on a team that isn't built around them is a waste, since 5-10 crit stars split over 5 command cards is unlikely to result in many/any crits and the damage multiplier on Quick commands is 0.8 (compared to 1.0 for arts and 1.5 for buster). Quick teams are plenty strong in mid-late game, but they haven't really released any of the better Quick-based servants yet. Okeanos will drop a couple that make it more worthwhile (Anne Bonny, Francis Drake), and Jack the Ripper will break the game with crit stars around the holidays.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I managed to clear the 40AP exp one with the help of a lv.50 Artoria friend. I had to use all 3 command seals on the final stage though, so farming it is kinda off the table for me. I've been waiting to dump my exp cards into a 4*, but the only one I have is Lily and Tamamo Cat. From what I've been told, both aren't worth it, so I've been waiting until the give us the free 4* but who knows when that will be. Would it be wise to just take Tamamo to a higher level to help with a grind? I've only got ~16 Mash and ~22 Waver.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

XP cards don't mean shit for specific classes. Just dump whatever you have into the one you want to level becasue the growth curves are rough.

BG Level

Cute is king in fgo so personally I still use a Tamamo Cat in my exp farming team on JP. Heracles still does a lot of the heavy lifting, though. He's pretty much one of the strongest 4 stars in the game. If you can find any 60+ support servants around, that'll make surviving exp hands a lot easier. Alternatively, throw in a 50+ Heracles and enough fodder to soak up hits for him. St George is a cheap 2star you can get in the FP gacha with a Taunt skill by default and a small self heal after 1 ascension. Toss him in front of a strong support Heracles and your Tamamo and go to town. A 50 Herc and 40~50 Tamamo can probably clear at least 1~1.5 waves before George's taunt wears off, assuming George himself doesn't die.

Be sure to make liberal use of your Mystic Code as well. That's the heal, atk buff, and dodge buff spells you can activate as a master. The cooldowns on the default spells are pretty low, and only get lower as you level up your clothes (master spells are tied to clothes), so you can probably cast each twice in each 40AP run.

For your sub servants, getting anyone to 30-40 shouldn't take much gold exp. For now what I've been doing is just getting servants with class advantages over the current daily xp and bringing them to soak up more damage. Having Jeanne definitely made it easier, though. Waver is a strong investment in the future, but he struggles in the early game when he lacks his bread and butter skills. The sooner you can get him to his first and third ascensions, the better.

Edit: Also, fun tip. You can burn unwanted 3 star servants for QP and Mana Prisms and use the latter to buy Gold XP cards in Da Vinci's shop (3star EXP can also be burned for QP and prisms once you can reliably farm gold). You can also buy single summon tickets and permanent stat boosters (fou cards) in the same place. The shop restocks every month, so go ahead and buy it out. You can get 3 star servants from the FP gacha so it's effectively limitless. If you have the Beginning of the Journey CE equipped to anyone in your party and use a support servant with the same CE equipped, the effect stacks for 75+75+10 FP for a random and 75+75+25 FP for a friend's servant.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Heh, yeah. I'm at the point where I need more than 2 40 AP dungeons to rank up, so the energy wait is real.

Half energy dailies. Let the spam begin~

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

You can choose the free 4 star servant too. Chose Emiya.

As did I, but mainly because I've only pulled 1* archers.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Emiya or Herc. Herc has carried me so much lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 56 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast