1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 1 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 13 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 20 hours, 1 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
    We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Simultaneous Logout Measures - 6/28/17 - gdi Balmung

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...e73eaba1c52976

We are experiencing a situation where several Worlds are consistently reaching the maximum number of players that can be logged into the game during peak hours. This has led to extended login queues for players to log in.

In order to ease congestion issues at launch, we have placed a measure to automatically log out players who have been idle for 30 minutes. However, we have noticed a number of players using methods to circumvent this automatic logout. This has created a situation where the login queue cannot move forward during periods of heavy congestion.

As such, we’ll be instituting a temporary measure that will log all characters out simultaneously across all Worlds on a data center once a day. Announcement for when this will take place will be made one hour prior via in-game system message. Please note that you will be logged out of the game even while inside of instances or duties.

Players will not be able to log back into the game for about 10 minutes while this is being processed.

As a reminder, we’re offering special incentives to those who transfer from a Congested World to New/Preferred Worlds. These incentives include the waiving of transfer fees, and 10 gold chocobo feathers which can be exchanged for in-game items. We appreciate your consideration of these offers.

Learn more about New World and World population balancing incentives: http://sqex.to/iw6

We apologize for the inconvenience the congestion has been causing our players, and thank you for your understanding and continued support.

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

SE: "it's summer, go outside ffs!"

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Rather than having a phony 30m idle timer that everyone knows how to evade, it would be better if it was a 1hr idle timer that was actually enforced.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

has any MMO ever done this before? I have never even heard of such a measure being taken. yikes

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

They did this at 2.0 release as well

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

They've had the idle auto-logout for 2.0 and 3.0 release, but I think this is the first time they've had server resets to log everyone out. Again, this wouldn't be necessary if the auto-logout wasn't easily evaded by, say, being in a retainer menu.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

They definitely did it at ARR launch, but mostly happened during early access. Like it should've happened for SB
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    They've had the idle auto-logout for 2.0 and 3.0 release, but I think this is the first time they've had server resets to log everyone out. Again, this wouldn't be necessary if the auto-logout wasn't easily evaded by, say, being in a retainer menu.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

This is nice and all but having the server reset at 2.00 pm in EU doesn't really change much, it's not even close to peak time so what is this supposed to accomplish other than annoying those that are playing? Sure you're gonna force out those afking during school/work but they still have time to log on before peak hours anyway. Nothing really changes.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I feel no change.

And it seems to be worst after the "restart". Constant 90002/90001 in pvp last night lol

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Idk Balmung is definitely better. Before the logouts it was 2 to 3 hrs login during the evening hours 6 thru 9 est. Now it ranges from 0 to 25 mins or 1 hr at worst feels like.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    This is nice and all but having the server reset at 2.00 pm in EU doesn't really change much, it's not even close to peak time so what is this supposed to accomplish other than annoying those that are playing? Sure you're gonna force out those afking during school/work but they still have time to log on before peak hours anyway. Nothing really changes.
    It does more than just force out people who are logged in. People who are done for the night now know it's a waste of time to try to stay on, so they will just log off instead. This reduces the queues for everyone.

Balmung is definitely better for me. My queues have been about 10min in the evenings so far. This weekend will be the true test.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    It's a universal measure to take care of Balmung/Gilgamesh. So the NON OVERLYFUCKED servers won't feel a difference, but I certainly noticed far better queue times and stability. The fact it's kicking off people who are AFK/circumventing the AFK kicker, shows greatly when getting back on or just trying to log on in general.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Logged in to Balmung at 1:30p PDT today, queue was 11. People, not minutes.

Seems like it has been pretty damned effective.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well guess it helps on those more populated servers. Glad it's worth something for you guys at least and I can't complain given that EA and launch have been smooth for me with no issues at all.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Same. I'll deal with 10 minutes offline so others can actually enjoy the game, lol

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

balmung here, game was 100% unplayable for me after day 1 of early access up thru the logout measure. login queues after 5:30PM were 2+ hours at a minimum, and most of the time you'd get a lobby error into client crash if you decided to try and wait it out. the one time i managed to get logged in after a ~3 hour queue resulted in a 90k as soon as i tried to enter an instance.

worst queue i've seen since the fix was about 40mins, rarely over 15 now. still super salty about being 2 weeks behind the rest of my group, and there's probably 0 chance i'll be ready for savage by the time it debuts, but at least the game's playable now.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Logged on today a Saturday afternoon with a 16 person que on gilg which was instant. I'll take it.