1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 6 hours, 26 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 17 hours, 33 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 23 hours, 26 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 10 hours, 33 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Unless somebody dies at some point it's largely unnecessary past the first Shirk combo anyway. It gives you a hilarious amount of enmity and that'll carry you for the rest of the fight easily.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

After reading your nicely written initial post I gave DRK another chance and all I can say is some people on the OF made very decent critics when it come to the abilities we have now. What SE did does not make sense at all. I am level 65 now and leveling is just painful due to the lack of mitigation CDs, also you start to feel the DPS loss. I will take it to 70 but it will serve as instant queue for roulettes only unless SE changes their fuck up and give us back the beast this job was..

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

I'm pretty sure everyone in here told you it sucks until you get Bloodspiller. At 68 it gets good, before then it sucks.

People on the OF are looking at PLD and screaming "LOOK AT ALL THE STUFF THEY GOT", the reason PLD changed so much is because it was fucking terrible to begin with. Darkside no longer draining MP is great, Bloodspiller is great, The Blackest Night is great. It's unfortunate that 4.0 DRK at 60 plays like a gutted version of 3.0 DRK at 60 but at 70 the job is very fun.

In summary, I don't really think you know what you're talking about. But realistically I shouldn't have even responded to a comment that began with "the OF was right" in the first place.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Im talking about the lack of mitigation, removing dark dance and shadow skin was not necessary, also taking shadow wall away to let us re take it as optional? Was it necessary at all as well? Alot of things they did does not make sense.
    Im not saying the job isnt great at 70, but Im pointing the fails in SE's logic when it come to some points.

Also Im often left asking myself "so what do I do now" so yep I know what im talking about, im comparing 3.0 and 4.0 drk.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

DRK lost Shadowskin and gained an objectively better skill in Rampart. DRK lost Dark Dance and gained an objectively better skill in Anticipation. DRK lost the INT Down effect from Delirium which wasn't doing anything for you in dungeons anyway. DRK lost Shadow Wall but it was just worse than Sentinel and Vengeance in every way.

There were queer decisions made with DRK but none of them have anything to do with what you're talking about, and you're comparing the full Heavensward toolkit to the partial Stormblood toolkit which is stupid.

Edit: Shadow Wall still exists... I dunno, it's early or something.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Wait, Shadow Wall still exists lol
    And Shadowskin is basically just Rampart in my opinion. Small mini damage cooldown that I can use per or every other pull.

You still have Shadow Wall (46). I think they overdid it simplifying stuff -- and vastly prefered the old Shadowskin animation over Rampart -- but I've been feeling the nerf to Reprisal far more than that of Dark Dance to Anticipation. That said, they were pretty clear about wanting to reduce the number of small buttons to press, and the fiddling with cooldowns is pretty obvious in that line.

If you want to point to weird wtf-were-they-thinking things, I'd focus on the MP economy and the order skills unlock. SE seems to assume folk are just going to be using the class in 70 instances, which isn't wrong, but it's not quite right when the majority of roulette content is <70.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

To be fair, everything feels gross synced. My WHM gets trialed into 50 content and I sit there spamming Stone2

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Anything on PLD below 60 makes me suicidal.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    DRK lost Shadowskin and gained an objectively better skill in Rampart. DRK lost Dark Dance and gained an objectively better skill in Anticipation. DRK lost the INT Down effect from Delirium which wasn't doing anything for you in dungeons anyway. DRK lost Shadow Wall but it was just worse than Sentinel and Vengeance in every way.

There were queer decisions made with DRK but none of them have anything to do with what you're talking about, and you're comparing the full Heavensward toolkit to the partial Stormblood toolkit which is stupid.

Edit: Shadow Wall still exists... I dunno, it's early or something.
    Shadowskin and Rampart are actually clones of one another, which is probably why Shadowskin was removed entirely.

Both are(were) 20s duration with 90s recast for -20% DT

Dark Dance and Anticipation are also greatly alike, with two differences: 20s duration, 30% parrying, 60s recast.

Dark Dance required you to be in Darkside, but we're always in Darkside anyhow, so that is no problem.

Dark Dance also gave a 20% evasion bonus under DA (that we can spam pretty freely now) that stacked nicely with Dark Passenger's Blind effect.

Overall I'd say Dark Dance was a better cooldown :/

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    DRK lost Shadowskin and gained an objectively better skill in Rampart. DRK lost Dark Dance and gained an objectively better skill in Anticipation.
    What the fuck are you even on?

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Here's the best role load out I could come up with.

Works pretty good imo.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    I forgot about the Enhanced Shadowskin trait that bumped it from 15% to 20% and Anticipation is a stronger effect that doesn't require you to be in Darkside to use.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Wait, Shadow Wall still exists lol
    Too bad it's 10 seconds. That's not long enough for DF parties.

Only thing I don't like about rampart is the stupid looking animation.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
    Too bad it's 10 seconds. That's not long enough for DF parties.

Only thing I don't like about rampart is the stupid looking animation.
    It's literally the mirror of sentinel. The only one that's winning that battle is warrior

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

It's worse than Sentinel. It has the same cooldown and duration but it's only 30%, not 40%. So it's Vengeance on double the cooldown and half the duration.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Are you really saying 120 x2 is 180 and 15/2 is 10?

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Misremembered Vengeance's cooldown/duration but that doesn't really change anything, Shadow Wall is the worst of the three.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by gattsuru View Post
    You still have Shadow Wall (46). I think they overdid it simplifying stuff -- and vastly prefered the old Shadowskin animation over Rampart -- but I've been feeling the nerf to Reprisal far more than that of Dark Dance to Anticipation. That said, they were pretty clear about wanting to reduce the number of small buttons to press, and the fiddling with cooldowns is pretty obvious in that line.

If you want to point to weird wtf-were-they-thinking things, I'd focus on the MP economy and the order skills unlock. SE seems to assume folk are just going to be using the class in 70 instances, which isn't wrong, but it's not quite right when the majority of roulette content is <70.
    Thats what I tried to put accross, I mentionned the leveling part for this reason, as I am not Lv70 yet.

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    Thats what I asked myself and why I stopped replying, ignoring the condescending attitude which was unwarranted.

Finaly, from I could gather from the live letter, it seems they will put STR on Fending Accs. I hope it will be serious and not like "Oh we put 5 STR on each accs for a total of 25" or some rubbish like that.

Now if the STR amount is proportionate get ready for a huge wave of OF fail post on how the physical DPS should be able to wear them as well because they would gain from the extra VIT and how it is unfair for them compared to tanks etc etc.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rozaria Eleanor
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

according to unofficial translation we getting more potency and new effect for some abilities, also STR on Fending jewelry"about this i wonder how much" on OF it say minimum and will scale with ilvl but wont scale same as VIT

Edit: i hope they fix DP and blood price, atm soooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad ;;