The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Excel spreadsheet noob, need help

I've made a spreadsheet that is a simple log of who has my children and when. Just using it in case my ex-wife decides she wants more child support out of our "50/50 arrangement" that isn't actually 50/50.

I was wondering if there was a way to have the times automagically calculated for percentages in the weekly summary based on the time data in the daily cells. I'm sure there is a better/easier way to approach this.

Link to sheet

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I gotchu fam.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

yo my wife wants to name our son Lincoln. But I want to name him Carter. Pretty wild that between you and Archie I am guaranteed a matching BG son

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Niya Kouya
    FFXIV Server
    Odin

In this current format, impossible (or way too complex) since you have all values in one column. It would be a lot easier to work with the values when you split each column into 4 - Name, start time, end time, time span (sum).
    And split each row into 4 so each Name entry has its own line.
    An example with the first week for Regan properly formatted: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    This relies heavily on data formatting and a few formulas. The name, start, end and time columns are formatted as time (HH:MM). Total time is formatted as [HH]:MM so the hours can go beyond 24. The summed-up times for each person are with the "sumif" formula that only adds up values of rows that contain a certain value/word. And the percentages are formatted as percentage (d'uh )

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I took the easy route with mine. Use this one.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I'm not a spreadsheet master, but couldn't you set it up the way people do employee timesheets?:

http://www.techrepublic.com/article/...shift/5756139/

PS: shit sucks you have to do this btw. You were on track to populate Mars.

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    yo my wife wants to name our son Lincoln. But I want to name him Carter. Pretty wild that between you and Archie I am guaranteed a matching BG son
    So a choice between old man vehicle or cheap as shit kid's clothing.

I'd go with the clothing as I bought the shit out of that stuff back when my kids were growing out of their clothes every time I blinked.

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Quote Originally Posted by Niya View Post
    In this current format, impossible (or way too complex) since you have all values in one column. It would be a lot easier to work with the values when you split each column into 4 - Name, start time, end time, time span (sum).
    And split each row into 4 so each Name entry has its own line.
    An example with the first week for Regan properly formatted: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    This relies heavily on data formatting and a few formulas. The name, start, end and time columns are formatted as time (HH:MM). Total time is formatted as [HH]:MM so the hours can go beyond 24. The summed-up times for each person are with the "sumif" formula that only adds up values of rows that contain a certain value/word. And the percentages are formatted as percentage (d'uh )
    You are a saint. This works fantastically and my cursory knowledge of excel still allows me to edit the sumif formulas for when the kids may go to another adult. Also, thank you to Zetanio as well. I appreciate the help.