1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 2 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 57 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 16 hours, 2 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 17 hours, 57 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    I think these fights drag on because people are constantly panicking and dropping their DPS to dodge mechanics. You'd think they'd learn after a few rotations but nope.
    Just did some Omega with my raid. Yeah we melted the boss fights in <6 mins.

Hell I pulled 4.3k dps on v2 (Samurai tho).

I really wanna see the model that hints/reveals an extra phase.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    Just did some Omega with my raid. Yeah we melted the boss fights in <6 mins.

Hell I pulled 4.3k dps on v2 (Samurai tho).

I really wanna see the model that hints/reveals an extra phase.
    I don't think there's a model but there's an additional music track that doesn't play in current Omega V.4. Given its nature it's quite obvious that a new phase is there if you know the source material.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

The problem with faceroll content, is that either

1) Bads will still be bads
    2) good players will stop focusing and be bad

Weiped 10 times on O3 before winning because people kept going in the wrong tile for their classed (yup)
    Or not getting frogged for the tiles
    Or Tank tanking the add in front of the PT with the conal AOE then yup blaming the healer

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    However, V3 is maybe one of the coolest fights in the game, and I quite like V1 as well. V2 and V4 are a bit more meh aesthetically but I'm sure FFV fans will be stoked about V4. I just really enjoy how the devs chose an overarching theme for the raid this time that lets them do basically whatever they want using any moves they want.
    V3 is easily my favorite of the bunch, with V4 close behind because it cracks me up to see DF groups eat every mechanic.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I don't think there's a model but there's an additional music track that doesn't play in current Omega V.4. Given its nature it's quite obvious that a new phase is there if you know the source material.
    Found it.

Legit hype.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Probably to cater to new players jump potioning in.
    I could totally see that, but we'll have to wait and see if they are going to tighten things up o5-o8.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Do tell...

Spoiler: show
    Neo Exdeath?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Almalexia View Post
    They played it safe with V4. Fine. Cool. Whatever. But I don't have any interest in Dissidia XIV. If we don't see a Chrono Trigger or Parasite Eve boss fight, the whole raid will be a failure.
    While they do have the means of doing it, I don't see them putting that much work into this game when they have to shovel Diadem 3.0 into our faces.

Yes, it's the song played with Neo Exdeath and parsing the files for anything that could hint to more mechanics etc, they have it scrubbed atm, but there's definitely that indicator of it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    Do tell...

Neo Exdeath?
    Yep

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    Do tell...

Neo Exdeath?
    I sent a DM with the track. If anyone wants. >,>

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

awesome, thanks! I'll check that out when I get home.

hopefully I can actually start him tonight. have everything ready to go, but queues have been awful and haven't felt like dealing with party finder.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Please!

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Not a big fan of who they took for O4 I mean

If exdeath is already gone, which boss will they use for O5-12) Unless Exdeath keeps reappearing

I know this is not FFV, but would suck for them to release Necrophobe after beating Xdeath

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post

If exdeath is already gone, which boss will they use for O5-12) Unless Exdeath keeps reappearing

I know this is not FFV, but would suck for them to release Necrophobe after beating Xdeath
    Well
    they can move onto new FF games. Exdeath is gone so I'm guessing we won't see FFV in the next tier.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

I wouldn't mind seeing Necrophobe even if he comes after Exdeath, they could even reuse the FFIX final boss music (Necron was based off Necrophobe and has a couple of Exdeath's attacks).

Regardless, guesses:
    -Enuo (superior/equal to Exdeath in FFV lore)
    -FFV Warriors of Light (would be a cool twist given where the FFXIV Rift story is going)
    -Shinryu (although if Omega ends up recreating him, I expect him to be the penultimate encounter for some reason)

Hoping they mostly keep the raid in FFV land instead of encroaching on Dissidia territory

could you send me dat track

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post

I wouldn't mind seeing Necrophobe even if he comes after Exdeath, they could even reuse the FFIX final boss music (Necron was based off Necrophobe and has a couple of Exdeath's attacks).

Regardless, guesses:
    -Enuo (superior/equal to Exdeath in FFV lore)
    -FFV Warriors of Light (would be a cool twist given where the FFXIV Rift story is going)
    -Shinryu (although if Omega ends up recreating him, I expect him to be the penultimate encounter for some reason)

Hoping they mostly keep the raid in FFV land instead of encroaching on Dissidia territory
    I doubt Shinryu would be a boss for Omega raids unless they did Neo-Shinryu or something. Remember, technically Shinryu was already the final boss for Royal Menagerie.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I'll take it

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

finished for the week. I'm not following a loot chart at all; I'd rather not deal with trying over and over again to get one specific drop. this will probably cause me headaches down the line, but by then savage will be out and possibly creation tomestones so eff it. only loot concerns I'm following is making sure I don't lot tokens I've already finished (but that won't be a concern until down the line a bit)

overall I feel satisfied, but also craving savage. the bosses have a ton of health but none of them are very punishing. just slogfests with mechanics.

thematically, though, this is fantastic. I think most people can agree on that already.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Neo-Exdeath will be the boss for Savage/After Savage for this tier.
    Next FF world (Probably XI since yoshida hints at it and basically opened the lore floodgates by stating previous FF worlds are "tales."
    Remember, this segment of raids is based around who is the strongest and instead of bringing in the Heroes of respective "tales" they bring in the defeated, which as we know, XI has a fuck ton of defeated "strong bad guys" they can bring in for 5-8 for example,
    We're already confirmed to get an ex version of Royal Menagerie so that recreation wouldn't be based around Omega tier wise.

There's a lot of ways they could go which is true, but we're basically done with the FFV world until Savage which will have more to it as yoshida said prior to SB launch (and something for beating Savage) so it just depends on what the next world ends up being. If it lines up with some FFVII news, it'll probably be FFVII given they already recreated the Guard Scorpion, so seeing Jenova or some shit wouldn't be weird since Yoshida backpeddled big time on "if a hero or villain dies blah blah they won't be in FFXIV."