1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 1 hours, 51 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 22 hours, 8 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 18 hours, 51 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 15 hours, 8 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Well, if the *Omega* raid doesn't bring in Omega himself in some form as a final boss it'll be a bit anticlimactic no matter who they bring in.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    Spoiler: show
    Neo-Exdeath will be the boss for Savage/After Savage for this tier.
    Next FF world (Probably XI since yoshida hints at it and basically opened the lore floodgates by stating previous FF worlds are "tales."
    I don't think they can do VII or XI as a 4-part Omega sub-raid. VII because it's VII, XI because of the target audience of XIV. VII and XI will need something at least on par with Crystal Tower series or Warring Triad. At least.

For the top tier FF games - which I'd classify as IV, VI, VII, X, and in this context, XI - you have to do something special. For the rest, it's whatever.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I wouldn't classify FFIII as top-tier yet they released a whole raid series for it. FFIV,VIII, VII, X already have a few bosses in dungeons and FATEs so they aren't really saving up that much.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

God damn I would love the next raid tier to be XI.

But who would the 4 be? Obviously it would culminate with Shadow Lord, he has a billion forms so it would be quite easy to make it a multi-form battle. Other good choices I could think of are Lilith, Kam'lanaut and his bro, and Razfahd. Basically bring in those 4 and you're good.
    If they wanted to bring back Kirin for this (have it be an add-heavy fight maybe) it would suit the flavor of SB of course.
    Ark angels would be a good choice too. That battle updated for XIV would be sick.
    I don't think they'd bring any form of dark Shantotto since Shatotto is pretty much already her parallel-world version.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    I wouldn't classify FFIII as top-tier yet they released a whole raid series for it.
    I'm not saying that only top-tier FFs get love. I'm saying the top tiers can't be treated like stepchildren.

FFIV,VIII, VII, X already have a few bosses in dungeons and FATEs so they aren't really saving up that much.
    Of course FF references should not be limited to raid-series or nothing. There are many references sprinkled around, as it should be.

---

As for XI candidates, I thought that's where Genbu/Suzaku/Seiryu/Byakko (on the main map) were headed. Are they a big part of any other FF? Sky is pretty much the iconic endgame of XI, so that seems like a good choice.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

y'all so wrong, next tier gonna be Kingdom Hearts

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post

But who would the 4 be? Obviously it would culminate with Shadow Lord, he has a billion forms so it would be quite easy to make it a multi-form battle. Other good choices I could think of are Lilith, Kam'lanaut and his bro, and Razfahd. Basically bring in those 4 and you're good.
    If they wanted to bring back Kirin for this (have it be an add-heavy fight maybe) it would suit the flavor of SB of course.
    Ark angels would be a good choice too. That battle updated for XIV would be sick.
    I don't think they'd bring any form of dark Shantotto since Shatotto is pretty much already her parallel-world version.
    pandemonium warden and AV pls

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post
    pandemonium warden and AV pls
    That would be memeing,

I think the most sense would be, Raogrimm/Shadow Lord, The Zilart twins, Promathia, Ark Angels(this would kind of already be a play on the warriors of dark though so probably not), and lilith. Can't exactly do Odin or Alexander again lol.

But realistically I see them doing like FF4 or another series next. (Four fiends seem like a perfect fit tbh) They'll cater towards older nostalgia. Then probably the last tier with originalish content and proto omega at the end. (really though I want to see a chrono trigger and a magus fight ;_; )

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Well Schala fused with Lavos into the Time Devourer at the End of Time so... a Chrono crossover (see what I did there?) could happen!

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I would also accept a Chrono xover!

Kind of low on bosses for it but Magus plzzz (didn't they do an elemental barrier mechanic in one of the dungeons too?)

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    I don't want to encourage them to yank even more FFXI enemy models wholesale for ARR than they already do.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    I don't want to encourage them to yank even more FFXI enemy models wholesale for ARR than they already do.
    it's almost depressing seeing things that would have murdered me in XI just wandering around harmlessly in XIV. leeches, pugils, goblins and elementals should be walking death, god damnit

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

IV please. 4 fiends in one fight. Even though we're already borrowing several iconic bosses like Mom Bomb, Demon Wall, and Calcabrina already (and sort of CPU as ADS), you could go with the Magus Sisters, Mist Dragon, Golbez or Zeromus, the Dark Elf thing (metal mechanics please). Lots to work with.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Honestly I'd rather get something from FF games that have not been heavily featured already. FFIV, V and VI have had plenty of bosses show up in various tiers and III had a whole Raid. Heck given the salt mobs in The Lochs I'd say FFVIII with some bosses from Ultimecia's Castle and Ultimecia as the final boss of the tier in all of her glory (that means all four phases). Although I'd rather get that location as separate content with skill lockouts similar to the original but that's never gonna happen anyway.

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Don't talk to me or my son ever again

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Honestly I'd rather get something from FF games that have not been heavily featured already. FFIV, V and VI have had plenty of bosses show up in various tiers and III had a whole Raid. Heck given the salt mobs in The Lochs I'd say FFVIII with some bosses from Ultimecia's Castle and Ultimecia as the final boss of the tier in all of her glory (that means all four phases). Although I'd rather get that location as separate content with skill lockouts similar to the original but that's never gonna happen anyway.
    IV 4 fiends would be great for a raid

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I could definitely see them going to some of the less widely played installments of the series. 5 was definitely in that category because of the NA market skipping from 2 to 6 (at least until it got re-released for mobile). How funky would it be to see Tactics or Mystic Quest redone in this way?

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Olo401 View Post
    5 was definitely in that category because of the NA market skipping from 2 to 6 (at least until it got re-released for mobile).
    That's not really accurate. NA skipped II, III, and V, but not IV (which we received branded as II).

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Olo401 View Post
    because of the NA market skipping from 4 to 6
    ftfy

NA markets got 1, 4, 6, 7+.

edit: ...and beaten.

NA got tactics though so it wouldn't be that funky.

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    That's not really accurate. NA skipped II, III, and V, but not IV (which we received branded as II).
    Ahhh right.. I remember having a copy of FF2 for my old NES, then being surprised it was a different game from the FF2 on my phone decades later.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast