1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 16 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 43 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 11 hours, 16 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 22 hours, 43 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

the DPS check on the training dummy is likely tuned to that degree with the assumption that tanks would never leave tank stance and a healer would only throw on a dot or a rogue stone occasionally to contribute damage.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Only thing that really irks me about O1S is the hit detection on the fireballs. It's not a big deal but the slightest bit of lag will basically cause you to die since even with slip and sliding properly, it's just annoying how the clip detection is a bit aways from the actual AoE, which I've noticed a bit since 4.0. Otherwise yeah on NA DC, pugging is extremely...something it's just amazing how you can go from braindeadhowthefuckdoyouevenfunction to competent players back to back, I know the JP aren't perfect but hopping between the community it's like, how can people be this bad at a scripted dance?

I'm being told that shelltron negates critical hit from ever critting, is this true?

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

No because the game checks critical hits first before block and parry last. Whoever told you that is bad at this game and you should avoid them.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

That's an obscure piece of information that, aside from disproving(?) this one particular theory, has no barring on anyone's gameplay. I'd wager most players aren't aware of that

I mean this is the whole reason why PLDs have been pairing Bulwark with Awareness since forever.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

tried o2s last night, it feels... a lot less fun than o1s :/ instead of gliding around the arena like an intricate waltz, it's more "stand in this tiny spot... now stand in this tiny spot... now stand in this tiny spot... oh by the way you were levitating so you THOUGHT you were in the spot, but you weren't!" etc. I mean it's not hard, just... not nearly as fun

finished o1n and o2n. didn't plan ahead so now I need 2 more o3n and 3 more o4n lol. I so smrt...

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

A quick googling suggests far fewer people are aware of that than you're all assuming. Most will still tell you Awareness is bad

Just saying, be cognizant of the fact that it's not a piece of information you're likely to stumble upon unless you're looking for it. Maybe less "lol ur bad"

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

How much VIT melds are needed on o4 with current gear ?

We have deaths but because of mechanics not HP.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

so after clearing O1S (piece of cake) and O2S (omg head against wall banging) wiht PUGs last and this week, i am not sure if i should even attempt O3S with PUGs

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Just to confirm empirically, Sheltron and Raw Intuition both do not prevent crits. You can easily verify this yourself by using either on Critical Hit on Halicarnassus.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I just figured if you tanked at all in 3.0 and pop'd Raw Intuition and found yourself being crit by the only thing in front of you then you could kinda pick up on what was going on.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Terrestrial Rage
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

@ Depangas, the groups that I talked to that have cleared all have the healers/DPS using 4/5 or 5/5 VIT VI melds. Makes surviving the mechanics comfortably easier than requiring a ton of shields just to survive. @ Damane, I can't imagine O3S will be pug-able for a long time on NA servers. The playerbase just isnt good enough.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels the waltz vibe from OS1. I was telling my team last night that it feels like watching a trained team of synchronized swimmers when done correctly. I dig it.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Terrestrialrage View Post
    @ Depangas, the groups that I talked to that have cleared all have the healers/DPS using 4/5 or 5/5 VIT VI melds. Makes surviving the mechanics comfortably easier than requiring a ton of shields just to survive. @ Damane, I can't imagine O3S will be pug-able for a long time on NA servers. The playerbase just isnt good enough.
    ????? Pugs have already cleared 3

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Pugs having cleared, and a fight being reasonably puggable, are two very different things.

Obviously you sometimes get lucky and actually find 7 competent players, but more often than not you're going to land the healer who doesn't believe in DPS or the PLD that stays in Shield Oath when OTing.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Fievel View Post
    ????? Pugs have already cleared 3
    I can guarantee for every capable pug that clears O3S on NA servers, 10x more cleared it on JP servers. It's similar to Zurvan Ex, very easy fight, yet how many "farms" were worse than learning parties? Or 'trap" parties you end up in? Or "clear" parties that can't get past Soar let alone skip the first one?

The NA playerbase really isn't that good lol, there's good players, but the general playerbase...can barely function. On JP servers, you're expected to know your job and the content (after the explanation/leanring phase) before you queue into DF/RF or if your PF clearly defines Clear/Farm, that's what they are, whereas as said, on NA servers, you get "farm parties" that only manage to scrape by 1 clear. It's not to say the JP are better, just different playing standards. Since I raid mainly on JP and have an Alt I'm working on afterwards, it's definitely night and day differences.

It's not a bad thing there's a few ways to handle x mechanics, but you then have the player wall to deal with. Yes "healers aren't dps yoshi said so!" yet that extra 960-1k DPS goes a long way.

Meanwhile, even on Omega Normal on aether at least, we get healers who still don't know what Esuna is.

I farmed my Zurvan bird strictly from PF farms (99 tokens). Obviously there are bads, and failure rate was higher than Sophia RF, but it's nowhere as bad as what you described.

Edit: this is no way in saying O3S is puggable or not

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    The NA playerbase really isn't that good lol, there's good players, but the general playerbase...can barely function.
    I feel like this largely stems from the view of raid/endgame content that XIV takes. XIV has been broadcasting this message of "give me all the poor casuals who don't like raiding and we won't make them be good at the game, we promise". Whereas in XI, endgame was all you had to look forward to at the end of the game, and pretty much everyone did it or else you were wasting your time because there wasn't a lot of casual content like XIV has. It was expected that you become good enough at the game that your ls wouldn't kick you out, and good enough to do the raid content.

Plus, there wasn't just one raid per patch cycle that got obsoleted immediately. I'm discouraged from raiding in XIV because there's really no point to raid gear except to raid the next content cycle, which will again become obsolete in a cycle, and there's nothing else to use the gear in except faster clears in ex trials. You don't really need it for anything like you did in XI where your entire week was full of Sky, Sea, Dynamis, Einherjar and so on. So half the NA community jumping on the raid PFs right now probably didn't even do the previous ones (I would be counted there, if I chose to do Omega, which I prolly will cause I want the mount) and has no idea how to raid. It's basically the mindset that springs from raiding being seen as completely optional at endgame...which I have always found a really sad state of affairs for an MMO, tbh.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

I mean, by the time I get four shafts (I was dumb and didn't lot them from the start) I'll be a week away from Lost Allagan body armor, so... you're not wrong.