1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 8 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 51 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 16 hours, 8 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 17 hours, 51 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    V1 and V2 easy.

About to start V3. I'm not excited.
    V3 has my new favorite boss taunt:

Is V3 harder than A11? I downed V2 yesterday and I thought it was a fair bit easier than A10 was.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Definitely easier than A11.

More foregiveness from failures, enrage isnt an issue if you dont have too many deaths (< 5)

The full hp bar when someone dies help a lot too, so the rezzed one doesnt die from next aoe raid dmg.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Mindjack-Tethers is the most fun raid mechanic I've experienced, however simple it is by itself. O3S is a fight that taunts you to beat it in a GOOD way, imo.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I can't compare V3 and A11 because I didn't clear A11 until the end of 3.4 and my raid group hit enrage on A3 with 8 deaths on the first week.

Its definitely 90% different than its normal version though and the bulk of the fight (at the tail end) is basically fighting against her on a playfield that's best described as Kaizo where you have to react to her based off what tile she jumps on. You could be breaking tethers, standing on seperate tiles, positioning for a protean wave, or sprinting to a blue square.

Its fun but i wouldn't dare try to pug this.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Also I can really appreciate how they turned a boring, forgetful, and slightly annoying FFV Boss into a really fun and unique raid encounter.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

btw torment your groups.

https://pastebin.com/5Bd08yDB

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

can't beat the dummy for o1s

not surprising as even though I'm 312 my leg is 290 and my weapon - most important - is 310. gonna fix those two things and try again. I mean I made a few mistakes, buy my rotation was 99% on point and I finished with 8% health left so I think it's a gear problem

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I killed the O1S dummy with like 4k (3950) sustained DPS and 5 secs left on SAM.

I wanna say its overtuned.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    I killed the O1S dummy with like 4k (3950) sustained DPS and 5 secs left on SAM.

I wanna say its overtuned.
    That's good to know, at least. Maybe I'll try O1S and see how it goes

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

yeah, i needed ~4200 sustained to kill the O1S dummy with a few seconds to spare at the end. you have a lot more slack in the actual fight. my FC did our first clears for 1 & 2 today, got 1 down on the first lockout and i was at the top of the chart with only at 3800 or so on the winning run. parse for O2S was pretty similar, although that one's a bit less forgiving in that you need around 22k raid DPS to kill it before enrage (whereas we cleared O1S with about 20k).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Any average player should be able to handle O1 and O2. O3 requires a lot more coordination and more dps out of current gear.

I'll get back you on O4S but i hear its very mean.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I wish every fight was like O3S to some degree. Reactionary random mechanics selection after letting you run through the sets one-by-one prior.

Nice change of pace from fights being scripted to the point where you only need to care who gets picked for the upcoming mechanic vs. having to adjust for whatever actual mechanic is coming next.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

o1s clear! o2s may or may not happen this week; that was exhausting lol

not a hard fight but all it takes is one bad player to domino that shit out of control

edit: ok, learning/practice pt is all good but... when the same player dies to the first antilight five times in a row, that's a whole other story :/

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

For the most part bad players don't domino Alte Roit, you can pretty much just take care of yourself on that fight. A bad player can die 20 times and you'll still win, lol.

Catastrophe is mostly the same, except you need people to do Fourfold Sacrifice correctly, which is easy enough.

I don't feel like you'll have too much trouble until you hit Halicarnassus, since she actually requires quite a bit of teamwork.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

deaths in o1s don't wipe, but they do lower DPS significantly. and especially in learning/clear parties, one person dying often frustrates the party, or they occupy the healer and meanwhile something else is going on and someone else dies, etc. 20 deaths would require a lot of good DPS to still be a win. although that will quickly change as gear progresses

it's not like Susano, though, where you can wipe the party by being stupid. I don't think I ever saw Susano enrage; I've seen Alte Roite enrage many times

in related news, I took revenge on that fucking dummy today. easily murdered it even with a few small mistakes. :D ROT IN HELL, JERK

our first clear of O1S was really sloppy lots of deaths still cleared fine

O2S was slightly sloppyish? But still fine DPS wise

O3S we had a perfect run and had a LOOOOOT of time to spare

O4S Exdeath itself is a really strict dps check with more annoying mechanics than anything. Neo Ex death is actually not as annoying but its more memorization much stricter dps check.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    deaths in o1s don't wipe, but they do lower DPS significantly. and especially in learning/clear parties, one person dying often frustrates the party, or they occupy the healer and meanwhile something else is going on and someone else dies, etc. 20 deaths would require a lot of good DPS to still be a win. although that will quickly change as gear progresses

it's not like Susano, though, where you can wipe the party by being stupid. I don't think I ever saw Susano enrage; I've seen Alte Roite enrage many times

in related news, I took revenge on that fucking dummy today. easily murdered it even with a few small mistakes. :D ROT IN HELL, JERK
    Alte Roite does not require a lot of good DPS with that many deaths. It does require competent DPS, though.

The enrage on that fight is stupidly lenient. We pretty much zerged our way through it on day 1 while meme-ing.

If you're enraging your death count is way about 20, 2+ DPS are grossly incompetent, or your tanks/healers are people from reddit who don't believe that they should do DPS at all.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

I'm talking about PUGs and learning/clear parties in PF; the enrage is pretty spot-on for those. YMMV if you have a static or friends you count on to play well, I suppose

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

You can kill O1S with a ton of DPS dying and no one reliably over 3.8k. If the training dummy was to be believed you would need all the DPS to be near 4k and not die, so yeah--overtuned.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast