1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 3 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 56 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 11 hours, 3 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 22 hours, 56 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
    Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Anyone know if you can suicide during the 1min long transition in O4S to skip it?

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

You cannot it will send you back to the beginning of exdeath

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

What are healers melding these days? I'm genuinely thinking going full direct hit because I spend more time DPSing than healing once I know the fight.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    What are healers melding these days? I'm genuinely thinking going full direct hit because I spend more time DPSing than healing once I know the fight.
    Det or crit I guess. I honestly wonder how much direct hit would even do for healer's dps.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Neither of my healers use DH. There's just not enough of it to be useful.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    I've been melding Det/Crit, you won't be able to get enough DH to make a noticeable difference.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Grain of salt, but DH is basically only marginally better than Det for your DPS and does nothing for your heals.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I'm doing Crit to:

1. stronger SCH shields/heals
    2. stronger AST shields/heals
    3. more reduction on my Ass/Asslyum when I land a crit cure for more MP/Damage over time

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Quote Originally Posted by Pooky View Post
    you won't be able to get enough DH to make a noticeable difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    DH is basically only marginally better than Det for your DPS
    Is that so? I haven't been keeping up with the maths of the new expansion, but I was told DH is the definitive meld for tank damage because their base rate is so low due to not natively occurring on their gear.

I'm going to do crit because it pretty blatantly has the most overall utility for all 3 classes, but purely looking at DPS, is DH not the strongest?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I'm not sure I understand the low DH position, either. It's power allegedly came from the unusually high scaling. Unless the curve is garbage starting from zero, it shouldn't matter

That said, having no effect on heals is probably a good enough reason not to use it

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

How much healer dps are people generally getting/expecting out of Neo?

I'm still working on my healing rotation as Noct AST, and lately I've been using Largess+Lightspeed+Lucid+CO to solo heal through every other Alamgest+DoT so my WHM partner can full DPS through them (and it costs me next to no MP at all doing it), but it does fuck with my personal DPS quite a bit. I feel I'm overshielding in general in that fight but it helps smooth shit out with the Allagan fields having pre & post shields for those, as well as for every Grand Cross.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I'd say 2k combined healer dps on first clear is doable without taking too much risks.
    We're running AST/SCH.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yo, so this is my first time playing when a raid tier is released rather than playing catch up. So what’s the best way to prioritize your Alphascape drops with the current lockouts? So far in the two weeks since release I have head, belt, ring, 1/2 hands, and 2/4 legs. I’m thinking it’s best to spend tomestones for the body piece for now since everyone is trying to lot on the shafts. For reference I’m talking about normal mode but feel free to give insight on savage drops too for the sake of discussion.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

probably alot easier to get a crafter friend the materials for the crafted 380 set.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Crafted set. Replace bad pieces with alphascape nm pieces or if neither are good stick with i370.

If on Sarg pm me. I can make your gear.