1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 2 hours, 24 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 21 hours, 35 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 19 hours, 24 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 14 hours, 35 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBob View Post
    lol, nobody has cleared V4S or even come close. Even with full crafted sets, some roles essentially just die to Meteor.

Don't believe the random shit you here from morons in /shout.

I'm positive there is at least one group out there that is close

Register to see the NSFW content

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBob View Post
    lol, nobody has cleared V4S or even come close. Even with full crafted sets, some roles essentially just die to Meteor.

Don't believe the random shit you here from morons in /shout.
    ts why I meantionned the "rumor" ... No one said it was believed but mentioned.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post

Spoiler: show
    Eh, to be fair the final boss is actually 2 bosses back to back. I don't think anyone is really close to the kill but we'll see.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post

Beating the first form of the boss is not "close"

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

https://clips.twitch.tv/FairConcernedElephantNomNom

HOLY SHIT THAT PHASE TRANSITION

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    THAT. IS. AWESOME.

hypehypehypehypehype

I wasn't sure I wanted to Savage but now I know I have to.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Eh, to be fair the final boss is actually 2 bosses back to back. I don't think anyone is really close to the kill but we'll see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    HOLY SHIT THAT PHASE TRANSITION
    Please tell me it checkpoints between them so you're not stuck with a one minute transition every wipe on this new phase. Cool as it looks the first time, that's a fucking ridiculous time sink. Would be nice if SE started adding 'short' transitions after the first time seeing it in that instance and just adding in the 30-50s worth of idling HP/MP/TP tics in one go to compensate.

It does checkpoint.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

O4S downed by Angered.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Please tell me it checkpoints between them so you're not stuck with a one minute transition every wipe on this new phase. Cool as it looks the first time, that's a fucking ridiculous time sink. Would be nice if SE started adding 'short' transitions after the first time seeing it in that instance and just adding in the 30-50s worth of idling HP/MP/TP tics in one go to compensate.
    No you reset at the new boss.

ExDeath is basically a DPS check. Get him down to 60% and he phase transitions to neo-exdeath. If you wipe to neo-exdeath you start at neo-exdeath. Needless to say its probably gonna be a long fight.)

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

omg Deltascape 2.0 Savage is very confusing, i cant see shit with all the overlaping colors etc. makes it hard to distinguish much at all

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erilsa Angeldust
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I wasn't so much confused as annoyed with having to look at an arena full of bright orange again, was glad to see the end of A9.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

V1 and V2 easy.

About to start V3. I'm not excited.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

V1: Slip n Slide. Don't stand in clamp (same hitbox as normal), don't stand in fireball explosions, don't soak twinbolt like a chump unless you're a tank, and don't kill yourself on someone else's levinbolt.
    V2: It goes up, it goes down, it goes up aaaand we're all dead. DPS stay down for Grav Manip, Tanks and Healers go up, keep those circles stacked. Don't put stupid on your teammates. Make sure you get into the falling down circles when they pop up. For stack marker with debuffs, debuffs float and go to different edges of the stack marker, non debuffs stay in mid. Swap at 2 stacks. Drop the FLESHY MEMBERS at cardinals. Otherwise pretty much normal.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

What's up with the fleshy members? Is that those blue circles that appear on a couple people and then pop up again later during tentacles? That's the only thing I've seen in videos that seems completely new to me

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah Tanks/Healers will get a set and place it in quadrants. Then the first tentacle that loses its marker is the safe spot. A few secs later a second tentacle is gonna lose its marker but don't believe it ITS A FAKE.

Then DPS get the marks and you do it again.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Actually I was thinking of the gravity down markers. Looking at the video it looked like they popped up, then disappeared, and then popped up again later (which admittedly would be a cool mechanic and I encourage SE to do something like this) but the "second set" of markers is actually the fleshy tentacles you're talking about.

Thankfully, Missteq is on hand to clear all of this up before I go in tonight and fail spectacularly :D

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah, the tentacle markers are just there to show you that the tentacle is active.

You don't really need Mizzteq or any guide for this one. Our group (pretty casual at this point) went in for fun 100% blind and cleared in 2 hours. There's like 2-3 puzzles you need to solve, and then you just have to execute on them with like 75% consistency and you're done. Low DPS check, and collecting a vuln stack on the raid doesn't lead to a wipe if you mitigate the AoEs, so you can really just push your way through.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

I'm probably gonna do that this weekend. PF learning/clear group, pls to stay until completion if possible. I watched the guide and it's like... there's just no way you can remember all of that until you've played through it. I got enough info to wing it and learn quickly, that should be fine.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I really wish O2/O2S gave you a debuff if you're currently standing in a circle, so you can tell more easily when you're safe in the middle, which can be rough if the boss' model is overlapping that space.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast