1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 42 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 17 minutes
    Last weekly reset was -2 hours, -18 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 11 hours, 17 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I love how whenever pugs get brought up someone always comes in to suck that JP dick within a few posts.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Fievel View Post
    I love how whenever pugs get brought up someone always comes in to suck that JP dick within a few posts.
    Yeah, kinda sucks actually being part of the JP raid community and having an alt in the NA raid community, so you know. Then again, BG forums etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    I feel like this largely stems from the view of raid/endgame content that XIV takes. XIV has been broadcasting this message of "give me all the poor casuals who don't like raiding and we won't make them be good at the game, we promise". Whereas in XI, endgame was all you had to look forward to at the end of the game, and pretty much everyone did it or else you were wasting your time because there wasn't a lot of casual content like XIV has. It was expected that you become good enough at the game that your ls wouldn't kick you out, and good enough to do the raid content.

Plus, there wasn't just one raid per patch cycle that got obsoleted immediately. I'm discouraged from raiding in XIV because there's really no point to raid gear except to raid the next content cycle, which will again become obsolete in a cycle, and there's nothing else to use the gear in except faster clears in ex trials. You don't really need it for anything like you did in XI where your entire week was full of Sky, Sea, Dynamis, Einherjar and so on. So half the NA community jumping on the raid PFs right now probably didn't even do the previous ones (I would be counted there, if I chose to do Omega, which I prolly will cause I want the mount) and has no idea how to raid. It's basically the mindset that springs from raiding being seen as completely optional at endgame...which I have always found a really sad state of affairs for an MMO, tbh.
    Pretty much, but then again, when you look at gaming statistics, Devs just gravitate to where the money is. Since it's not like this tier is that hard even for 'casuals', they always seem to have that weird difficulty spike out of nowhere, it's nice but if their whole idea was "approachability" as they stated, O3S definitely isn't the way to go about it after how fairly easy 1 and 2 were.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

What's up with people saying we have to tank swap on Exdeath, I thought it was necessary too, at first, but it's really not. The Thunder stacks don't go any higher than 2, and only increase damage from Thunder spells. Even with 2 stacks of vunerablity it doesn't hit that hard if you mitigate properly like you should be doing on tank busters anyway. I'm at the point with Exdeath where if I'm the starting tank, if I get a co-tank that doesn't voke it off me, I don't even care. Not gonna fight for hate either. I'm just like, if they wanna take it, ok, if they don't, that's ok too as long as the thing dies lol.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    What's up with people saying we have to tank swap on Exdeath, I thought it was necessary too, at first, but it's really not. The Thunder stacks don't go any higher than 2, and only increase damage from Thunder spells. Even with 2 stacks of vunerablity it doesn't hit that hard if you mitigate properly like you should be doing on tank busters anyway. I'm at the point with Exdeath where if I'm the starting tank, if I get a co-tank that doesn't voke it off me, I don't even care. Not gonna fight for hate either. I'm just like, if they wanna take it, ok, if they don't, that's ok too as long as the thing dies lol.
    It's more of a safety thing than anything because well..tanks aren't mitigating properly and healers can be slow to react.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    It's a story mode fight. They've been neutered to cater to mouthbreathers to the point where you can have 30+ deaths and still win. Don't overthink it.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    It's more of a safety thing than anything because well..tanks aren't mitigating properly and healers can be slow to react.
    if you have seen what i have seen on Shinryu fights its. I dont know /giganticfacepalm. Cooldowns are none existent. I was even called out once as a Cheater by another PLD because I didnt get pushed around by Tidal Wave/Aerial Blast in Shinryu due to Tempered Will... yeah Tooltips can only go so far if noone reads them lol

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

To be fair, with how little practical use Tempered Will has for most players I can't blame someone for forgetting it exists.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Its also hard to remember Arm's Length is a thing.

Someone called it out for O4S. I'm glad it actually works.

Best part is its a 60 sec c/d so you can abuse the fuck out of it in Shinryu.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I have to say, I love the change they made to Sprint, I can use it on PLD now in dungeons/raids now that I don't have to worry about blowing all my TP on it. At the moment I use it most on Exdeath when he casts Void Thunder, I can easily get out of range of it in time with Sprint. Sometimes he casts it again before Sprint is back up, in that case I have to eat it. BUT, if I have my WHM friend with me we usually coordinate and alternate Sprint > Rescue on Void Thunder to keep me from taking damage from it unnecessaily.

I changed Sprint to my M4 button so I have access to it quick whenever I need it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Sprint for me is usually the tilde key.

So amazing.

I wish I could bind shit to the duty button when I'm in content that doesn't use it. I have it set to V

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBob View Post
    Just to confirm empirically, Sheltron and Raw Intuition both do not prevent crits. You can easily verify this yourself by using either on Critical Hit on Halicarnassus.
    Speaking of Critical Hit, does Feint affect it? I know Shade Shift blocks some of the damage on Sabre Dance so Feint should affect that.

And maybe just overall o1s-o4s, are there other spots feint would help?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

1 is moot, can use on cd or not at all. 2 is probably all magic.

Definitely has some effect on crit hit in 3 though it's minor. 4 phase 1 is probably all auto as well. For 3 you may as wel throw it on Apanda

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

In O3S my group uses Feint for every Crit hit that's not eaten with an invincibility CD. In O4S we use it for both Earthshaker sets, the one Double Attack that we don't use invincibility CDs for, and then the punches during the soft enrage.

There's probably some good spots for the physical tail hits in O1S but I haven't bothered to learn the timings.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Is feint avaible for every crit with one melee or do you need 2? Not a big deal on DRK as I can have rampart and TBN for basically all of them before considering another cooldown but would be nice to know.

Also this was a thing I guess: https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...CH&sh=5c163db0

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

One Feint is enough if you alternate with invincibility CDs (mitigation is obviously wasted on those) but since some Critical Hits are 1m30s/1m40s apart, you'd need 2 Feints if you wanted to cover all of them.

EDIT: elaborated

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Should probably think about fitting in invincibles but with our comp it can be tricky. I MT as DRK the whole fight, co tank is WAR, and our WHM plays AST for this one I believe (other healer is SCH). Puts a bit of strain to use Livind Dead, more than just mitigating normally. Imo. We could always just have WAR do MT but I'm putting out good numbers apparently as MT anyways so I don't think it would improve our raid DPS that much to Holm a few.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Just have the WAR full MT Hali. Even in pure i320 you can do the entire fight after the opening in Deliverance. Holmgang is up every other Critical Hit, and you just Vengeance + Awareness + TBN the other ones. Cycle the other CDs when adds are up or when the healers are busy. Pretty easy to pull 2700+ DPS on a WAR 100% MT on that fight, which pretty much frees up both tanks to go full DPS mode.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I MT in non grit anyways though.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Same with PLD, sword oath the entire thing, rampart, awareness, sheltron the first. Sentinel, Rampart, Repirsal the second. If you silence the iron giant you don't have to swap because you can HG the critical hit during the final phase that comes out quicker than the others.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

if you pop awareness with 13 seconds left it'll be up for the second \o/