Tales of the Rays (IOS/Android)

http://torays-en.tales-ch.jp/

More gacha!

Looks neat though.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Looks like an attempt for Tales of Link to be more like FFRK.

1. I'm glad this isnt the Nintendo Switch Tales game.
    2. After the grindfest-tacular that was ToLink, hard pass.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Tales of Link was a bit too mundane for me and once you got to hard shit it was far too RNG for me and it kinda sucked. I played it and enjoyed it for a good while though, and I'm a fan of tales games... so I'll probably try this.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Started JP to figure this out before global release.

Gacha is basically character summon + weapon summon. Midly annoying like in FGO that they're not separate banners. Did a couple singles and unlocked Jude from the Xilla banner, gimme dat milla. So the rates may not be that bad or are just higher for this banner promotion.

Combat is kinda neat because you can swipe top left, top right, bottom left, bottom right, and just tap to do attacks. Each character specific weapon, yes that's a thing, can go into either of those 4 swipe areas in the equipment menu.

As for the story I'm skipping everything until it releases in english so I can understand the fuck is going on.

ps: Lots of anime cutscenes here and there.

edit: Weapons added into the 4 weapons slots also determine your artes too

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Looks like an attempt for Tales of Link to be more like FFRK.

1. I'm glad this isnt the Nintendo Switch Tales game.
    2. After the grindfest-tacular that was ToLink, hard pass.
    You get stamina orbs to upgrade your stamina just like in FFRK so yeah lol

Yeah, ToL was way, way, way too much about having the right characters without having any real standard for difficulty. And even if you did have the right people, the RNG in tiles and artes triggering could still cost you a fight. Meanwhile, the "PvP" was most assuredly an exercise in the rich getting richer.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    Started JP to figure this out before global release.

Gacha is basically character summon + weapon summon. Midly annoying like in FGO that they're not separate banners. Did a couple singles and unlocked Jude from the Xilla banner, gimme dat milla. So the rates may not be that bad or are just higher for this banner promotion.

Combat is kinda neat because you can swipe top left, top right, bottom left, bottom right, and just tap to do attacks. Each character specific weapon, yes that's a thing, can go into either of those 4 swipe areas in the equipment menu.

As for the story I'm skipping everything until it releases in english so I can understand the fuck is going on.

ps: Lots of anime cutscenes here and there.

edit: Weapons added into the 4 weapons slots also determine your artes too

You get stamina orbs to upgrade your stamina just like in FFRK so yeah lol
    The gacha is full on weapon/mystic arts. You unlock everyone through story or their event. Only recently did they add that getting the 5* mystic art from gacha also unlocks the character.

The game is pretty fun as a secondary game. Definitely not main game material. Only takes like 15 minutes to dump 4~ hours of AP on the hardest event quest and then just play again when I'm bored.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Only done the tutorial so far but really loving this way more then ToL (and I played the shit out of it for a long time).

Gonna try rerolling till I get a Mirror or w/e they're called arte weapon.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Is it not on IOS?

Edit: Not yet anyway. Can't find any information on release info either even on the reddit. Guess I just sit and be patient :I

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Is it not on IOS?

Edit: Not yet anyway. Can't find any information on release info either even on the reddit. Guess I just sit and be patient :I
    I had huge trouble finding it on Android as well, but copying/pasting into the browser of my emulator the link to the download page cleared it up, think they're trying to quickly roll the game out the gate and are still having issues.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yah. Found some info on their Facebook about it being in the approval process for th App Store.

Gosh durn iPhone and their quality control.

Think I'm gonna pass on this one for a bit. Wanted to reroll something good, but they don't make the process easy and I don't have my tablet rooted to do more complex things.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

iOS version is out. It's a fun game so far, in liking the combat, it's a lot less messy than I was fearing. It's actually real fluid for me.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Think I'm gonna pass on this one for a bit. Wanted to reroll something good, but they don't make the process easy and I don't have my tablet rooted to do more complex things.
    Yeah I was having major trouble rerolling even with a rooted emulator, deleting the data did nothing in deleting the account itself so I had to resort to deleting the app and redownloading it again (ugh).

THANKFULLY! My first reroll attempt today yielded the perfect roll for my account: First pull on Ix banner got me a sweet rainbow Ix Mirrage Arte!!!! As well as getting a powerful 4* weapon from the Chapter 1 discount pull. So keeping the account and finally gonna start playing the game.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Singled 3 5* within 4 rolls and none were Velvet's mirror. Rate ups are a lie. I'm already like 500+ gems in on her...

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Noobta View Post
    Singled 3 5* within 4 rolls and none were Velvet's mirror. Rate ups are a lie. I'm already like 500+ gems in on her...
    I've done the 3 half price pulls and a single 10x roll and I've got 2 golds to show for it. I don't reroll cause im too lazy but goddamnit if I could I would, this is pathetic

I'm halfway to another 2,000 pull and if its garbage I'm legit considering my first reroll lol, even if it means redoing the story missions... they were fun anyway.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

I've done the 3 half price pulls and a single 10x roll and I've got 2 golds to show for it. I don't reroll cause im too lazy but goddamnit if I could I would, this is pathetic

I'm halfway to another 2,000 pull and if its garbage I'm legit considering my first reroll lol, even if it means redoing the story missions... they were fun anyway.
    There's no real benefit to 10 rolls in this game, unless they added one for NA version. In JP only 10rolls with paid gems have a bonus.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Noobta View Post
    There's no real benefit to 10 rolls in this game, unless they added one for NA version. In JP only 10rolls with paid gems have a bonus.
    Yah, I was afraid of that. so I should just do singles and hope for the best eh? Guess it saves me the trouble of over-pulling.

Edit: 10 draws are the only things that give those Costume points though, the 1 draws should give 20 but don't?

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

oshit didn't realize the english version was released they stealth that shit

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Yah, I was afraid of that. so I should just do singles and hope for the best eh? Guess it saves me the trouble of over-pulling.

Edit: 10 draws are the only things that give those Costume points though, the 1 draws should give 20 but don't?
    No idea. In JP you only get the prisms from paid rolls still. Not that big of a deal anymore since the update this month lets you vendor gacha shit for them.

I looked at some screens and the rainbow currency NA has is what the paid gems in JP look like. JP free gems are just white diamonds.