+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

FFRK - On Azure Wings (XIV) Event & Strategies

DeNa decided that not doing 2 events until after SURF wasn't enough, so heres #3.

Not a Garuda centered event, but obligatory for any FFXIV event honestly.

"The Enterprise was made for this! To carry Eorzea's protectors into battle! I am proud to be able to call her my own." - Cid

Head of the Garlond Ironworks, a manufacturer of Magitek technology. Cid was once a high ranking engineer for the Garlean Empire, but he rebelled and defected to Eorzea. He has used his legendary skills to aid the Warriors of Light in many battles.

The adventurers set out to defeat the primal Garuda, but the airship Enterprise is not able to break through the wall of wind that surrounds her. After Cid is inspired to make some modifications, the Enterprise finally pierces the vortex, allowing the adventurers to face off with Garuda.

Event Start Date: July 6
    Event Bonus Battle: July 9
    Event End Date: July 16 (?) - May be delayed much like Rek's event is currently running very long.

All information is taken from a mixture of Reddit/Spreadsheets/Kongpakbao Site and my own obviously expert analysis.

Most info for the event comes from this site: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKee...qh&sh=397d49e9

Though the information provided is used as a guideline and not always taken directly from the thread. When necessary, additional thoughts on Cid Missions and battle strategies are added.

Notable Rewards:
    Garlond Ring - Accessory. Resistance + 15 and moderate protection against the poison status.

Not really notable, to be honest. Would have been notable if it was poison element resistance.

New Characters Acquired:
    Cid Garlond - Combat 4, Support 5, Machinist 5

Dress Spheres Acquired:
    Complaints about Y'shtola's USB go here.

Old Characters Acquired:
    Minfilia
    Y'shtola
    Potato
    Yda

New Memory Crystals:
    Cid MC1/MC2/MC3

Old Memory Crystals
    Minfilia MC1/MC2
    Y'shtola MC1/MC2
    Potato MC1/MC2
    Yda MC1/MC2

New Record Materia:
    Cid RM1: ATK/DEF +10%, but start battle Confused.
    Cid RM2: Deal much more damage when equipping a gun.
    Cid RM3: ATK/RES +13% when equipping a gun.

New Legend Materia
    Yda LM1: Indomitable Spirit - Small fire damage up.
    Yda LM2: Pugilist's Impulse - Medium chance to doublecast Monk abilities.
    Potato LM1: Circle of Knowing's Caretaker - Small fire damage up.
    Potato LM2: Mage's Sparkle - Medium chance to doublecast fire element abilities.
    Minfilia LM1: Blessing of the Twelve - Small holy damage up.
    Minfilia LM2: Courage of Halone - Medium chance to minor imperil Holy target when using Knight abilities.

New Record Sphere
    Cid Garlond

Characters Needed for Battles
    Complaints about Y'shtola's USB go here.

Cid Missions
    Complete Ultimate++ fight with a party of 3 or more FF XIV heroes.

Relics
    With JP, this event is kind of the point that BSB's started to fall in importance to USB, OSB, and other "speed" natured damage abilities. We've got a lilttle ways to go for that in global, however. Just keep that in mind for future banner focus.

Banner 1:
    Yes, Y'shtola's USB is that bad.

Not even an instant cast, it provides the party one stackable blink (w/Physical or Magic blink - which is used before this Dual Blink is) and High Regen. As a throw-away, Cat also gets a personal non-charge. Wow. Exciting.

The good news is that ALL of her good stuff (Stoneskin II and Asylum) appear, along with her utility Pro/Shell/High Regen SSB.

The other stuff is great if you don't have similar items, and still good for realm synergy or changing party needs based on skillsets.

Minfilia USB gets a party stackable ATK/MAG/RES boost with Hastega and her valued Last Stand + Boostga shield SSB joins in.

The focus of the event, Cid, gains the usual BSB and SSB to "catch up". His BSB is AoE earth/non on entry with imperil earth. CMD 1 offers a large single hit of ranged earth/non damage (206%) with a buildup counter for CMD 2 which is static 4 hits of damage and a minor imperil Earth proc at 0/10/30/100% based on the counter from CMD 1. Little underwhelming, but it is a rare imperil earth. His SSB is oddly imperil fire.

Yda's Full Breakdown BSB rounds out banner 1.

Banner 2:
    Banner 2 centers on Yda, Potato, and Thancred.

Yda gains a shiny new USB with 8x earth/fire entry, en-fire, 3 Monk non-charges and 3 Physical Blinks. Doesn't her BSB have a mechanic about avoiding damage???

Her wallbreak and self ATK/DEF boost SSB returns for Lifebane fodder.

Potato has all of his toys (BSB, Sheepmode, and en-ice Unique) along with his new OSB. Very similar to Krile's, with fire/non on entry and a fire use gradient buildup.

Thancred gets a lot of the love here though. His new BSB is similar to Squall's but with Poison element. Similar damage and crit rate buildup on CMD 1 with a 8 hit, 110% power, 25% crit poison/non barrage at max build-up on CMD 2. It does benefit from Ninja ability cast speeds.

His old BSB returns as well.

As a throwaway, Y'shtola's Medica II is here as an apology for her USB.

Legend Materias:
    Banner 1 - Y'shtola: White Magic heals gains a 30% chance to Esuna the target.
    Banner 1 - Minfilia: Buff duration increased by 30%.
    Banner 2 - Potato: Begin the fight with en-fire.
    Banner 2 - Yda: When using Monk abilities, 25% to apply a 30% stoneskin effect.

Relic Discussion
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKee...il&sh=e8dc276c

http://ffrk.kongbakpao.com/event-120/

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Bonus Battles
    The Thousand Maws of Toto-Rak +

Coeurl O'Nine Tails (w/ Warden's Whip x2)
    HP: Coeurl: 118,665 - Warden's Whip: 28,477
    Target Score:
    • Defeat Coeurl O'Nine Tails without being KO'ed.
    • Afflict Coeurl O'Nine Tails with slow.

Weak: None
    Absorb: None
    Resist: None
    Null: None
    Status Vulnerabilities: Slow, Stun

Graffias (w/Comesmites x2)
    HP: Graffias: 103,395 - Comesmites: 33,603 - Graffias' Tail: 15,509
    Target Score:
    • Defeat Graffias without being KO'ed.
    • Reduce Graffias' attack.

Absorb: None
    Status Vulnerabilities: All: Slow, Stun - Comesmites: Sleep

Notes: Both fights are entirely physical, and both fights adds will spawn midway through the fight.

Only need to defeat the main target to win the fight.

Haukke Manor ++
    Lady Amandine (w/ Lamp, Lady's Candle, Manor Guard, and Lady's Handmaiden)
    HP: Lady Amandine: 122,938 - Lamp: 31,704 - Candle: 23,778 - Manor Guard: 35,125 - Lady's Handmaiden: 35,125
    Target Score:
    • Reduce Lady Amandine's magic.
    • Reduce Lady Amandine's defense.
    • Afflict Lady Amandine with slow.

Absorbs: None
    Resists: None
    Vulnerabilities: Lady Amandine: Slow, Stun - Lamp: None - Everything Else: Stun

Notes: The additional mobs will spawn randomly throughout the fight. The candles will explode if Lady Amandine takes too much damage before the candles are defeated.

Lady Amandine can use fire and thunder element spells. Mitigate accordingly.

Stonevigil +++
    Isgebind
    HP: 194,736
    Target Score:
    • Reduce Isgebind's attack.
    • Reduce Isgebind's defense.
    • Afflict Isgebind with poison.

Vulnerabilities: Poison, Silence, Stun

Notes: Isgebind can be silenced, but being a 100% physical fight the status will do you no good.

Will switch in and out of "ranged" mode, making melee physical hits ineffective while he is flying. Some ranged damage is suggested.

Ultimate + Apocalypse Battles
    Gyges' Threat (U)
    凶Gyges the Great (w/ Servant)
    HP: Gyges: ??? - Servant: ???
    Target Score:
    • Exploit 凶Gyges the Great's weakness to fire attacks.
    • Reduce 凶Gyges the Great's attack.
    • Reduce 凶Gyges the Great's magic.

Weak: Fire (150%)
    Vulnerabilities: Gyges the Great: None - Servant: Poison, Silence, Slow, Stun

Notes: There is a magic attack this time that Gyges can use, but he won't after 50% HP. With the fire weakness now, really, just mitigate physical and wail with fire RW's.

Could not find HP values listed, though expect them to be in the 200k range for Gyges and 50k for the mooks.

Venomous Green Dragon (U++)
    凶Aiatar
    HP: HP: ??? (~250-300k)
    Target Score:
    • Exploit 凶Aiatar's weakness to fire attacks.
    • Reduce 凶Aiatar's attack.
    • Reduce 凶Aiatar's magic.

Weak: Fire
    Absorbs: Poison
    Vulnerabilities: None

Moveset (>70% HP, No Toxic Swamp: Default):
    % chance: Attack (PHY: deal % physical damage to one target)
    % chance: Salival Snap (NAT: deal % physical damage to one target with a % chance to Poison them)
    % chance: Dragon Breath (NAT: deal % ranged physical bio damage to all targets with a % chance to Poison them)
    % chance: Stone Rain (PHY: deal % physical damage to all targets)
    % chance: Toxic Vomit (NAT: deal % magical bio damage to all targets with a % chance to Poison them and enters Toxic Swamp mode)
    % chance to activate in response to any attack: Counter Salival Snap (NAT: deal % physical damage to one target with a % chance to Poison them)

Moveset (>70% HP, Toxic Swamp: Default Swamp):
    % chance: Salival Snap (NAT: deal % physical damage to one target with a % chance to Poison them)
    % chance: Dragon Breath (NAT: deal % ranged physical bio damage to all targets with a % chance to Poison them)
    % chance to activate in response to any attack: Counter Salival Snap (NAT: deal % physical damage to one target with a % chance to Poison them)

Moveset (70%-40% HP, No Toxic Swamp: Weak):
    % chance: Toxic Vomit (NAT: deal % magical bio damage to all targets with a % chance to Poison them and enters Toxic Swamp mode)

Moveset (70%-40% HP, Toxic Swamp: Weak Swamp):
    % chance: Stone Rain (PHY: deal % physical damage to all targets)

Moveset (<40% HP, No Toxic Swamp: Very Weak):

Moveset (<40% HP, Toxic Swamp: Very Weak Swamp):
    % chance: 凶 Stone Rain (PHY: deal % piercing physical damage to all targets)

Notes and Strategies: Few mixed mitigation issues, but for the large part the dangerous stuff here is physical - including the piercing attacks. Aiatar also has a small chance to counter any physical attack with one of his own that does ignore Draw Fire.

His AoE magical ability, Toxic Vomit, does AoE poison damage and grants him an un-dispellable regen that's so very familiar to this fight.

Cid Mission: You only require 3 FFXIV members for this CM, so it is a little easier than most.

Lot of characters in XIV can exploit the fire weakness as well, so take that into consideration (Potato, Yda). Having Y'shtola with native SS2 or BSB can help in the healer slot as well.

The Empire's Giant (Apocalypse +)
    滅Rhitahtyn sas Arvina
    HP: ??? (~450k range)
    Target Score:
    • Reduce 滅Rhitahtyn sas Arvina's attack.
    • Reduce 滅Rhitahtyn sas Arvina's defense.
    • Remove protect from 滅Rhitahtyn sas Arvina.

Resist: All (80% damage taken)
    Vulnerabilities: None

Moveset (>80% HP: Default):
    Special: Protect (WHT: grant Protect to self)
    % chance: Attack (PHY: deal % physical damage to one target)
    % chance: Shield Skewer (NPHY: deal % physical damage to one target)
    % chance: Tartarus Gate (NAT: deal % physical damage to one target with a % chance to Stun them)
    % chance: Tartarus Wind (PHY: deal % physical damage to all targets)
    % chance: Shrapnel (PHY: deal % ranged physical damage to all targets)

Moveset (80%-60% HP: Weak):
    % chance: Armor Piercing Ammo (NAT: deal % ranged physical damage to one target)
    % chance: Tartarus Gate (NAT: deal % physical damage to one target with a % chance to Stun them)
    % chance: Flame Bullet (PHY: deal % ranged physical fire damage to all targets with a % chance to Sap them)
    % chance: Shrapnel (PHY: deal % ranged physical damage to all targets)

Moveset (60%-40% HP: Very Weak):
    % chance: Armor (NAT: deal % ranged physical damage to one target and reduce their defense by % for seconds)
    % chance: Flame Bullet (PHY: deal % ranged physical fire damage to all targets with a % chance to Sap them)
    % chance: 凶 Shrapnel (PHY: deal % piercing ranged physical damage to all targets with a % chance to Blind them)

Moveset (<40% HP: Critical):
    % chance: Armor (NAT: deal % ranged physical damage to one target and reduce their defense by % for seconds)
    % chance: 凶 Shrapnel (PHY: deal % piercing ranged physical damage to all targets with a % chance to Blind them)
    % chance: 凶 Magic Missile (NAT: deal % ranged physical damage to all targets and remove positive status effects from them)

Notes and Strategies: 100% physical fight.

Arvina's first turn is to cast protect, so get that medal condition out of the way and dispel ASAP.

Here is one of the vaunted (and regularly occurring) omni-resist fights, where imperil stacking and elemental teams become that much more important.

Arvina can AoE blind with the Ultimate Shrapnel and AoE regular dispel with Magic Missile. Magic Missile will be announced as "charging" and then used 3 actions later.

Jump Start Notes: Break out those Imperil BSB's and SSB, and wail out.

Choose your own elemental weakness!

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I'm vaguely grumpy about the power creep to USBs, but I can't get too mad that abilities are going to make a comeback.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Reserved for complaining about Y'shtola's USB.
    ^^^ As someone who did the Stormblood LD on JP and got 2x of her USB, I can confirm it is the Tiny Bee of the USB draws....

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Robertfb View Post
    ^^^ As someone who did the Stormblood LD on JP and got 2x of her USB, I can confirm it is the Tiny Bee of the USB draws....
    Some people even wish they would have gotten Tiny Bee instead.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Some people even wish they would have gotten Tiny Bee instead.
    Tiny Bee does have some very niche uses, this USB doesn't.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Some point to add that people couldve missed

1) This event ends a few days after orb fest so!
    2) the CM for U++ only requires 3 FFXIV char + 2 random, so you can skip egging cid for support purposes unless you really want him

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Minfilia is a 5* support anyway

BG Level

true enough

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Going for a pull next Friday. Hopefully Cat Wife will be blessed with new stuff.

BG Level

Apoc + was a dick, while JS was pretty easy like expected

Relic Shield
    BG Level

CM: It does a lot of damage, but you only need to bring 3 XIVers.
    Apoc+: I ran relm (bssb) eiko (usb) ysh (bssb) vince (radiant shield bssb) and OK (bssb). Two instant healers and two guts users. Damage felt surprisingly good.
    Jumpstart probably going to run fang and zack imperils and luneth to skip past the missile shenanigans. I don't think theres a need for cloud usb for me here.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Yes. Yes there is.

Apoc+ is proving too much for me :\ Just can't handle all the damage he dishes out in the last part of the fight. I have no instant heals only native healing BSB's I have are Eiko and Lenna. Eiko is good because her command 1 gives phy blink, but it really gets limited use because so much group healing is needed. I have been RW'ing Eiko's USB but it's not really enough. Another big problem for me is that I have no decent support BSB somehow. The only one I have that reduces attack is Yda's bsb, but it's pretty low damage and its commands sucks. This might be the first Apoc+ I'll not be able to do Which is funny because I sailed through the Jump Start easily

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Pirian View Post
    Just can't handle all the damage he dishes out in the last part of the fight. I have no instant heals only native healing BSB's I have are Eiko and Lenna. Eiko is good because her command 1 gives phy blink, but it really gets limited use because so much group healing is needed. I have been RW'ing Eiko's USB but it's not really enough. Another big problem for me is that I have no decent support BSB somehow. The only one I have that reduces attack is Yda's bsb, but it's pretty low damage and its commands sucks. This might be the first Apoc+ I'll not be able to do Which is funny because I sailed through the Jump Start easily
    How much meter are you building at the start? And are you rebuffing in the last part of the fight? Dispel takes your pro and haste. The obvious problem is that it just goes away with the next magitek missiles so I think it's better to burst it down with damage. What OSBs/enelement sbs you got?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    Yes. Yes there is.
    I tried it out on the jump start and sweet fancy moses. You were right, there was a need for it.

Quote Originally Posted by hyoton View Post
    How much meter are you building at the start? And are you rebuffing in the last part of the fight? Dispel takes your pro and haste. The obvious problem is that it just goes away with the next magitek missiles so I think it's better to burst it down with damage. What OSBs/enelement sbs you got?
    I've tried the fight with 6 or 7 different party makeups each with different strategies. I guess I'll list out what BSB, OSB, CSB I have. I have a fair amount of BSB's so I don't tend to take characters that only have SSB.
    I guess in FF series order least to greatest, <denotes en-Element> [denotes imperil element] (specifies SSB that I happen to have for character), also listing a few SSB's that are useful enough to be worth mentioning:
    Spoiler: show

Garland - BSB <enDark>
    Emperor - BSB <enWind>
    Onion Knight - BSB, SSB (Blowback)
    DK Cecil - BSB
    PLD Cecil - BSB <enLight>
    Lenna - BSB
    Galuf - BSB [imperil Fire]
    Terra - OSB, BSB1, SSB [enFire] (Fire Beam)
    Celes - SSB (Indomitable Blade)
    Sabin - BSB <enFire>
    Kefka - BSB <enPoison>
    Cloud - BSB1, BSB2 <enWind>
    Zach - CSB
    Sephiroth - BSB1, BSB2 <enDark>
    Squall - OSB, BSB1
    Quistis - BSB <enPoison>
    Raijin - BSB <enLightning>
    Fuijin - BSB
    Zidane - BSB1 [imperil Wind], SSB <enWind> (Storm Impulse)
    Garnet - BSB1
    Vivi - BSB <enFire>
    Eiko - BSB
    Beatrix - BSB1 [imperil Holy]
    Kuja - OSB
    Yuna - TINY BEE.
    Auron - BSB
    Basch - BSB<enHoly>
    Ashe - OSB
    Gabrnath - [imperil Dark]
    Sarah - BSB <enIce>, SSB (Ultima Arrow)
    Yda - BSB
    Alphinaud - BSB <enWind>
    Ramza - SSB (Shout)
    Agrias - OSB, SSB (Holy Knight Charge) <enLight>
    Tyro - BSB, SSB (Sentinel's Grimoire)

Sorry it's not organized better. I probably should just make a spreadsheet to easily organize visualize what I have for my own reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirian View Post
    I've tried the fight with 6 or 7 different party makeups each with different strategies. I guess I'll list out what BSB, OSB, CSB I have. I have a fair amount of BSB's so I don't tend to take characters that only have SSB.
    I guess in FF series order least to greatest, <denotes en-Element> [denotes imperil element] (specifies SSB that I happen to have for character), also listing a few SSB's that are useful enough to be worth mentioning:
    Spoiler: show

Garland - BSB <enDark>
    Emperor - BSB <enWind>
    Onion Knight - BSB, SSB (Blowback)
    DK Cecil - BSB
    PLD Cecil - BSB <enLight>
    Lenna - BSB
    Galuf - BSB [imperil Fire]
    Terra - OSB, BSB1, SSB [enFire] (Fire Beam)
    Celes - SSB (Indomitable Blade)
    Sabin - BSB <enFire>
    Kefka - BSB <enPoison>
    Cloud - BSB1, BSB2 <enWind>
    Zach - CSB
    Sephiroth - BSB1, BSB2 <enDark>
    Squall - OSB, BSB1
    Quistis - BSB <enPoison>
    Raijin - BSB <enLightning>
    Fuijin - BSB
    Zidane - BSB1 [imperil Wind], SSB <enWind> (Storm Impulse)
    Garnet - BSB1
    Vivi - BSB <enFire>
    Eiko - BSB
    Beatrix - BSB1 [imperil Holy]
    Kuja - OSB
    Yuna - TINY BEE.
    Auron - BSB
    Basch - BSB<enHoly>
    Ashe - OSB
    Gabrnath - [imperil Dark]
    Sarah - BSB <enIce>, SSB (Ultima Arrow)
    Yda - BSB
    Alphinaud - BSB <enWind>
    Ramza - SSB (Shout)
    Agrias - OSB, SSB (Holy Knight Charge) <enLight>
    Tyro - BSB, SSB (Sentinel's Grimoire)

Sorry it's not organized better. I probably should just make a spreadsheet to easily organize visualize what I have for my own reference.
    I already tried a Holy party, but having listed it out like this I realize I can probably make a better group. I was previously using OK, Beatrix, Basch, Tyro, and Eiko but there just wasn't the damage to push it at the end. I think if I maybe replace Basch with Agrias then I may be able to get up to 70-80k with 2 imperil charges from Beatrix and enHoly on Agrias. The main problem is going to be doing enough damage getting it to the last leg of the fight, and keeping up with healing in the prolonged fight.

I've tried every which-way of a wing group to absolutely no avail. For a cloud USB group the party is pretty strict in the composition because I only have 2 healer BSBs and Eiko's BSB overwrites Zach's crit bonus, and I have to RW Cloud's USB so Tyro is stuck in my party for defense, therefore I don't see any other combination other than - Lenna, Cloud, Zach, Zidane, Tyro; this combination leaves me struggling badly for healing. I threw Curada on Tyro to help but it's just not enough.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

FWIW eiko's BSB doesn't overwrite zack's crit bonus; the former is a crit rate boost while the latter is a crit damage boost (they synergize perfectly, for your non-cloud-USB-users, basically). you could def squeeze eiko into a RW cloud USB comp, but you have to be careful to time your BSB casts to go first before the USB or after EX mode wears, as it /does/ interfere with the 100% crit rate bonus you get from the USB.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

You have the tools to do it via the Cloud USB method.

Agrias - Lifesiphon - Truthseeker - do RW USB > SSB > SSB > SSB. it will outdamage OSB by a lot. Launched off the first volley for 12k x 8. Followed by 24k x 8. No RS sword so her sword should be fine especially with the +holy damage.
    Beatrix - Stack them imperils
    Ramza - Armor Breakdown | Banishing Blade - Shout
    Tyro - PBD | FB -Wall
    Healer - Curada | Protectga - BSB - Knight's Charge

Of note, I used Vanille. You will probably be fine with Eiko. Just don't use her burst once you commit to Agrias using Cloud USB. Also I used Leo (level 80) since I don't have Beatrix BSB.