Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

You get blackout drunk often enough and shit like that will happen.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Dafuk is wrong with you.
    alcoholism mostly

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

cream "i can quit cold turkey any time i want" soda

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Just getting rid of all my comments; not worth the hassle enjoy your thread

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME

BG Level

hope you get the help you need when you need it freal though

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    I promise I'm not trying to use this thread as my live journal but I feel like I need to share! So three days down and withdrawal effects have been minimal. No headaches, sweats, tremors, and heart rate has been fine per wife. There have been a few moments I get that ball in throat or like someone is slightly strangling me feeling. I more so considered that a sign of anxiety. I suppose it's a sign of both. One thing that is for sure is a few hours after the second Ativan all I want to do is sleep. The weekend makes things easier on the mind for sure but I can say honestly I haven't had a bad thought yet. We'll see how things are later on.

Tonight will be my first challenge since wife leaves for work at around 5:30 PM. I got XIV up and running and this morning I've just been running around like a noob doing noob quests and wacking ladybugs. Pretty enjoyable thus far. Still find the UI so busy.

I'd also like to say thank you to every single person who has posted here. Whether you realize it or not, your comments are valuable and really help, even if it's talking about your own consumption (healthy or unhealthy). I told my wife how I've written here about what I've been going thru and how much BG supports it's own community. I am not on any form of traditional social media. BG (and reddit) is my social media and my wife knows how much I love being apart of this place because I feel many of y'all genuinely try to help one another and we share with each other to help.

In other words, simply put, thank you for having a place for me to type words. It means a lot more than most people would think.
    btw good job dude keep that shit up you got it

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    The key word in that sentence is "want" I don't want to cold turkey unless I have a reason for it
    You pissed in your closet last night

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    You pissed in your closet last night
    That's not a reason it's just extra cleaning in the morning

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME

BG Level

cirrhosis or bust

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

When I had gout in my left knee/leg that was a pretty big wake up call on how heavy I was drinking beer. Never felt pain like that in my life. That was at the earlier part of my toxic job so I just made the switch to hard liquor and kept drowning my work issues. Possibly/probably was also showing cirrhosis at that point too. was having major pains on the left side of my stomach.

First, thanks Day for the encouragement. Appreciated! This morning is seven days alcohol free. I've also lost 3.5 pounds in the one week and that's per my doctor visit/record. My doctor is very supportive and we're doing another week of .5 ativan 3 times a day. I'm glad to because it is a guarantee I won't drink. Not that I've wanted to though. Only once have I had a thought of drinking and that was last Monday after work and I know it was because of pure habit. But Jesus man the second ativan makes me so tired around 7:00 PM (usually take it around 2 or 3). Like, I'm pumped to get out of work and go home and now play XIV but after twenty minutes I'm struggling to keep my eyes open. Oh well. Worth it because I feel so much better overall. My attitude at work is light years better than before. I haven't had one bad thought about myself in a week and that's the honest to goodness truth.

I'm not one to preach, and this ain't it, but I'm going to share what really kicked this off besides my issues mentally at the new job. I have a friend who usually comes over once a week and we bbq and bullshit. Of course we're drinking. Sometimes there is horseplay and what not like dumb guys will do. Well, this specific day I got extremely drunk because it was one of the first "bad" days at the new job (it was all in my head) and long story short I physically hurt my friend. He text me the next day saying it took everything in his power to not go back inside and knock me out, which he could easily cause he's a beast. He said he didn't even care that I drank, just not like that. I looked at that text and almost cried cause here is someone who I'd consider a best friend telling me I'm fucking up really bad but he's not leaving me. That on top of my job issues was enough.

Two side things. First, decided to get back into an old hobby which is bowling. Ordered a new ball last night and am looking forward to it! Second, does anyone have any advice on how to in a way combat the sleepiness ativan does to your body? I feel like I'm chugging caffeine all day and it's barely helping.

Thanks to any and all who share, give their 2 cents, and encouragement. And if anyone ever wanted to PM just to chat I am always open, and of course it stays in what I refer to the tree of trust. I appreciate you all very much.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I don't have much advice to combat side effects of benzos to keep you awake. That's kinda how they work. I'll see if I can find out more.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I'm gonna bet on this tooth killing me long before liver failure catches up. Been getting tooth/earaches on and off for over 2 years now, lol.
    Carve out the tooth yourself, I did it to my top wisdoms when I was in college and couldn't afford dental, I used a knife to cut out the gum line and then took a metal spudger and snapped the tooth out. Hurt like a mother fucker and I bled for a good while but it healed and am good. I went to a dentist recently and they asked what happened and I explained to them and they nearly fainted lol.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Try not to pick drinking back up when you get to the post ARR/pre HW quest series.

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    Carve out the tooth yourself, I did it to my top wisdoms when I was in college and couldn't afford dental, I used a knife to cut out the gum line and then took a metal spudger and snapped the tooth out. Hurt like a mother fucker and I bled for a good while but it healed and am good. I went to a dentist recently and they asked what happened and I explained to them and they nearly fainted lol.
    This is how you get sepsis and die.

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Pretty much.

once someone asks me to help them move and I say yes, then I get drunk instead and not show up? Then I'll "want" to stop.

as long as I keep doing my daily routine, and leave drinking as the absolute last activity in my day? then that's when I'll want to stop (or next time I need to lose weight)
    You have severe alcoholism and posting in this thread isn't productive for you since you're just psuedo bragging about how you can quit whenever and how big of a clown you look when you drink but you think it makes you look cute. You won't take the advice but you need more help than an internet forum can offer.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME

BG Level

His attempts at bragging about his alcoholism in a thread for AA/Substance abuse, screams cry for help to me, but it's hard enough to help someone over the internet in the first place, much less someone who seemingly isn't interested in it.

I have found myself in 100% agreement with Milkster, something that never happens.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast