+ Reply to Thread
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

FFRK - Dra Al Bhed (X) Event & Strategies

Fru ec nayto vun cusa ymm-eh-uha pivv yldeuh?

Yht E ys hud navannehk du [Rikku] paehk uv yka.

"We're going to save Yunie, and nobody's gonna stop us!" - Rikku

The daughter of Cid, leader of the Al Bhed, and cousin to Yuna. Rikku is skeptical of the teachings of Yevon, and together with Tidus she searches for a way for Yuna to obtain the Final Aeon without having to sacrifice herself.

Tidus is absorbed by Sin in Zanarkand, and finds himself on an unfamiliar shore. He is set upon by the creature Geosgaeno, and takes refuge in nearby ruins, where he encounters a group of salvagers who speak a strange tongue. Among them is a girl named Rikku who speaks his language.

Event Start Date: July 13
    Event Bonus Battle: July 16
    Event End Date: July 23

All information is taken from a mixture of Reddit/Spreadsheets/Kongpakbao Site and my own obviously expert analysis.

Most info for the event comes from this site: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKee...hs&sh=aa268aa5

Though the information provided is used as a guideline and not always taken directly from the thread. When necessary, additional thoughts on Cid Missions and battle strategies are added.

Notable Rewards:
    Rikku's Goggles: Accessory. Def +15 and moderate stop resist.

Fyo suna hudypma dryh [Cid's] tisp buecuh nehk.

New Characters Acquired:
    Hu haf yttedeuhc vun drec ajahd.

Dress Spheres Acquired:
    Na-eccia: Neggi'c Q-2 tnacc cbrana.

Old Characters Acquired:
    Red Tidus
    Lulu
    Wakka
    Braska

New Memory Crystals:

Old Memory Crystals
    Rikku MC1/MC2
    Red Tidus MC1/MC2
    Lulu MC1/MC2
    Wakka MC1/MC2
    Braska MC1/MC2

New Record Materia:

New Legend Materia
    Rikku LM1: Spiral-Shaped Eyes - Small Celerity dmg up.
    Rikku LM2: Al Bhed Child - Medium buff duration up.
    Lulu LM1: Knowledgeable Witch - Small Black Magic dmg up.
    Lulu LM2: Black Magic's Seduction - Medium chance to double cast Ice element abilities.
    Auron LM1: Guidance to the Truth - Small physical damage up.
    Auron LM2: High Summoner's Guardian - Medium chance to double cast Samurai abilities.

New Record Sphere

Characters Needed for Battles
    Complete Thunder Plains (Elite) in a party of FFX heroes and include Rikku.

Cid Missions
    Complete Ultimate++ fight with a party of FFX heroes.

Relics
    Braska joins the BSB club, but thats not why you are here.

Banner 1:
    Don't kid yourself. Rikku's USB is the reason you held out through the great DeNa Money-ing 2: Cloudkeeper's Revenge and SURF banners. Atk/Mag + Pro/Shell/Haste in one package? Yeah, she's got that. Her situational, though awesome when it's needed, water-imperil BSB also returns.

Lulu may be the big winner here though getting a new ice USB that pairs her Mag/Res Focus buff onto herself with a 2x CT0, and En-ice along with 8 hits of non/ice entry damage. Her tri-element BSB returns as well.

The only other returning item of true note is Paine's AoE Dispel BSB, though her En-water SSB also comes back.

Rounding out the banner are Jecht's ancient SSB's and Red Tidus' realm useful Atk/Def break SSB.

Banner 2:
    Following Auron's recently added actually useful BSB2, he now comes packing some pretty potent USB heat: 8x fire/non on entry with Atk/Def/Res breakdown, Sentinel, and a party magic blink.

Wakka joins the pentabreak club with his USB, pairing it with a random target imperil water with Water + on the weapon...sadly it's a blitzball. His fullbreak BSB comes back for consolation.

Braska's BSB entry is a little underwhelming overall, honestly. Fire/Thunder/Non entry damage with En-fire. His commands shine a little bit though with a Summoning Mode toggle. When off, Cmd 1 is a Mag/Res bargain and turns Summon Mode on while Cmd 2 is 4 hits of single target fire/non damage. When on, Cmd 1 is a potent 425% x4 AoE fire/non blast and Cmd 2 adds an additional hit to the "off" Cmd 2. You honestly may find Braska's robe more useful, both for Holy + armor and his Faithga SSB.

Tidus' BSB, Kimahri's Magic Blink SSB, and Yuna's SSB Medica also return.

Legend Materias:
    Banner 1 - Rikku: When using Machinist abilities, 35% chance to add Short Charge 1.
    Banner 1 - Lulu: Buildup magic in relation to ice abilities used - Mag +1% -> 20%.
    Banner 2 - Red Tidus: Buildup attack in relation to hits received - Atk +3% -> 35%.
    Banner 2 - Tidus: Begin the battle with En-water.

Relic Discussion
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKee...sf&sh=52b5eff4

http://ffrk.kongbakpao.com/event-121/

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Bonus Battles
    Escape From Bevelle +

Isaaru (Grothia, Pterya, Spathi)
    HP: 42,382 each
    Target Score:
    • Defeat Isaaru's Aeons without being KO'ed.
    • Reduce Spathi's magic.

Weak: None
    Absorb: Grothia: Fire
    Resist: None
    Null: None
    Status Vulnerabilities: Stun

Evrae Altana
    HP: 128,206
    Target Score:
    • Defeat Evrae Altana without being KO'ed.
    • Reduce Evrae Altana's magic.

Weak: Holy
    Absorb: None
    Status Vulnerabilities: Slow, Stun

Notes: The most pressing issue in this fight for newer players would be Pterya's slow effect on Sonic Wings. Otherwise both fights are pretty easy.

Isaaru will duel your Aeons versus his in the order of Grothia, Pterya, and Spathi.

Mt. Gagazet's Peak ++
    Seymour Flux (w/ Mortiorchis)
    HP: Seymour: 183,163 - Mortiorchis: 61,469
    Target Score:
    • Reduce Seymour Flux's attack.
    • Reduce Seymour Flux's magic.
    • Remove Seymour Flux's reflect status.

Absorbs: None
    Resists: None
    Vulnerabilities: Stun

Notes: You've done this fight 100 times before. Nothing new.

For newer players, or those familiar with the FFX game, you can kill Mortiorchis and he will slowly drain HP from Seymour, thus killing him. Mitigate magic and attack, and remove reflect if using a mage party. Also remove it for medal conditions if not using a mage party.

Baaj Ruinsl +++
    Geosgaeno
    HP: 210,795
    Target Score:
    • Reduce Geosgaeno's attack.
    • Reduce Geosgaeno's defense.
    • Exploit Geosgaeno's weakness to water attacks.

Weak: Fire, Ice, Lightning, Water, Holy

Notes: Regurgitate is Gravity damage, so it can be mitigated through the use of Instant KO accessories. Like Isaaru and Seymour Flux, this fight should not be unfamiliar. Kind of a boring event, to be honest.

Not notable HP for a +++ fight, so 2 casts of a OSB RW (Tidus especially) will handle it pretty well.

Ultimate + Apocalypse Battles
    Yevon's Daughter (U)
    凶Yunalesca
    HP: 261,474
    Target Score:
    • Reduce 凶Yunalesca's attack.
    • Reduce 凶Yunalesca's mind.
    • Do not use holy attacks against 凶Yunalesca.

Absorbs: Holy

Notes: Again, not an unfamiliar fight. 3 phases. Hellbiter. Sap. Megadeath.

Slight chance to counter anything with a Sleep spell. Be sure to grab a Mind Break(down) for the medal conditions, and Taunttaliate can neuter her dispel counter.

Cinbnecehkmo (un cytmo) hud "Ouin Yauhc jancic seha!" (U++)
    凶Cindy, Sandy, & Mindy
    HP: HP: All: 144,114
    Target Score:
    • Reduce 凶Sandy's attack.
    • Reduce 凶Mindy's magic.
    • Defeat the Magus Sisters before Delta Attack is used for the 2nd time.

Moveset (Sandy):
    Attack (PHY: ST moderate physical damage)
    Razzia (NAT: ST massive physical damage)
    Razzia (NAT: AOE medium physical damage)
    凶 Razzia (NAT: AOE heavy physical damage)

Moveset (Cindy):
    Camisade (NAT: ST massive physical damage)
    Curaga (WHT: ST heal)
    Gravity (BLK: AOE current HP damage)
    Holy (WHT: ST extremely heavy magical holy damage)
    Arise (WHT: ST 100% HP revive)
    Delta Attack (NAT: AOE piercing heavy magical non-elemental damage)

Moveset (Mindy):
    Passado (NAT: RT moderate ranged physical damage, 3 hits)
    Fira (BLK: ST massive magical fire damage)
    Thundara (BLK: ST massive magical thunder damage)
    Watera (BLK: ST massive magical water damage)
    Flare (BLK: ST supermassive magical non-elemental damage)
    Drain (BLK: ST massive magical dark damage, recover HP proportional to damage dealt)
    Ultima (BLK: AOE heavy magical non-elemental damage)

Notes and Strategies: Cindy will revive any dead sisters if she remains alive, so she should be your first target. For the medal condition, Dealta Attack is used every few turns that all 3 sisters are alive, so focusing Cindy down first is paramount.

Sandy (middle) is physical only, Cindy (bottom) is mixed, while Mindy (top) can hurt pretty hard with magic. Mitigate accordingly to focus Cindy down first.

Cid Mission: Lot of AoE to exploit in FFX. Yuna, Lulu, Braska, and Auron can all use AoE abilities, while many of those same characters have AoE or multi target SB's.

No elemental damage to take advantage of, so pick your team and bring Rikku for dances. Auron can use Draw Fire + Retaliate if the physical hits are causing you trouble.

??? (Apocalypse +)
    滅Seymour Omnis
    HP: 405,199
    Target Score:
    • Reduce 滅Seymour Omnis' magic.
    • Exploit 滅Seymour Omnis' weakness to ice attacks while he is weak to them.
    • Defeat 滅Seymour Omnis before he uses Ultimate Ultima for the 6th time.

Weak: See Notes
    Absorbs: See Notes
    Resist: Earth, Wind, Holy, Dark, Poison

Moveset:
    Attack (PHY: ST physical damage)
    Chain Magic (BLK: RT heavy magical fire/ice/water/thunder damage, 4 hits)
    Ultima (BLK: AOE heavy magical non-elemental damage)
    Dispel (WHT: AOE Dispel)
    Ultima (BLK: AOE very heavy magical non-elemental damage)
    Mortiphasm (progress elemental resistance one step)
    (Weak only) 凶 Ultima (NAT: AOE piercing very heavy magical non-elemental damage)

Notes and Strategies: First 2 turns, Seymour will use a physical attack and then magic only for the rest of the fight. You can leave Protect at home. You'll also need to learn to count to 5 after Chadarnook taught us 3.

His attack AI is really broken up into 4 attacks: 4 hit elemental magic, Ultima, Stronger Ultima, and the Strongest Ultima (medal condition Ultima).

Below 50% is when he will throw out Ultimate Ultima every 2nd turn. So slow walk damage until then as best you can.

Seymour starts the fight weak to Ice, and then will cycle -> Fire -> Lightning -> Water -> Fire. Within each "cycle", he will counter the 6th attack with a party Dispel interrupt and then medal condition Ultimate Ultima, follow by a phase shift his next turn. So stop attacking him after 5 turns within one elemental "phase" or risk dispel and death.

You can set it up where you can finish the last 200k damage in one elemental cycle with a little bit of set-up around the 60-55% HP mark. Zerging him down will lead to heacaches.

Jump Start Notes: 405k HP isn't too bad for a team of OSB users. Can probably do away with a no healer strat if you have a magic blink like Firion. Otherwise, think about how you approached other JS fights that had an elemental weakness and replicate that - just stay mindful of phase changes.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

CM: Much easier than normal? I could get used to this. Cindy goes down then the rest follow suit.
    Apoc: FU element game. After some aborted attempts where I tried only using the correct element for the phase I took shantotto's bssb and blew it up. Radiant shield (vince bssb) and two sources of guts (eiko and relm) - cura only healing on relm's is actually kind of annoying but command 1 easily makes up for it.
    Jump start I'm just bringing the same except more so so I don't think it's going to make a big difference.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

i didn't read the jumpstart info very carefully and went in with rikku USB RW as my sole source of buffs. turns out this boss dispels a lot, so it's a decent idea to bring a native source of haste or pro/shell, heh. i managed without the latter, but i don't advise it unless you can stack a lot of debuffs. my setup was:

master - lifebane/meteor, BSB, monk+40%
    vaan - northern cross/mug bloodlust, BSB, sword+
    tidus - powercharge, BSB (unused), sword+
    yuna - curada/ultracure, BSB2/USB, doublecast
    faris - icicle shot/???, BSB, spear+

was getting ~40k+/turn out of lifebane alone. yuna's USB was DEF key to winning with that arrangement, incoming damage post-dispel wasn't too bad (3-4k AoE thru all those debuff layers without shellga) but i probably would've fallen behind if not for having the hastega on there.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Moridam View Post
    i didn't read the jumpstart info very carefully and went in with rikku USB RW as my sole source of buffs. turns out this boss dispels a lot, so it's a decent idea to bring a native source of haste or pro/shell, heh. i managed without the latter, but i don't advise it unless you can stack a lot of debuffs. my setup was:

master - lifebane/meteor, BSB, monk+40%
    vaan - northern cross/mug bloodlust, BSB, sword+
    tidus - powercharge, BSB (unused), sword+
    yuna - curada/ultracure, BSB2/USB, doublecast
    faris - icicle shot/???, BSB, spear+

was getting ~40k+/turn out of lifebane alone. yuna's USB was DEF key to winning with that arrangement, incoming damage post-dispel wasn't too bad (3-4k AoE thru all those debuff layers without shellga) but i probably would've fallen behind if not for having the hastega on there.
    He dispels only if you attack him 6 times before he chances weakness

BG Level

Setup for both APoc + (FT and normal) ofcourse FT changed some skill and materias

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Mowed right through this event.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Apoc - I think you are forced to eat a dispel in the fight no matter what. Happens around 40% and as much as you wait it out, he keeps spamming Ultima + Ultimate Ultima. Decided to push through that part instead of waiting for it after 45 minutes of attempts. Kind of a pain on Apoc. I didn't notice it in Jump Start since I blew him up quite quickly.

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Does debuff blink absorb dispel?

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Magic blink should suffice.

BG Level

It's only a normal dispel so just bring a shellga on a knight and problem solved

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Magic Blink absorbs dispel, but if you plan correctly you'll avoid the fallout.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The Jump Start version has a different threshold for the dispel trigger on the weak phase. It is always 6 attacks on the normal fight, but it is reduced to 4 during the weak phase (<71%) during the jump start.

According to the reddit AI thread:

(JSB Note: In the Jump Start Battle, Seymour will use <Attack> (PHY: 110% Phys Dmg) on Turns 1, 2 and 3 instead of just the first two turns. He will also shift to Weak Form when brought under 71% HP instead, and will use Ultimate Ultima for the first time when under 71% HP. Finally, while in Weak Form[<71%], Seymour Omnis will use Dispel after taking damage from 4 abilities instead of 6; since the ability count is not reset when he shifts to Weak Form, it is possible he may already be past the new 4 ability limit and thus use Dispel immediately.)