+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Mulan (202X)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Mulan (March 27, 2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    The character of Li Shang has been dropped because of #MeToo controversy. Writers felt that Mulan’s Commanding officer having romantic feelings led to a power dynamic/conflict of interest that was no longer acceptable. Instead the character was split into two new characters, one who is Mulan’s fellow soldier/love interest and another who is the commanding officer.
    Read this a few days ago and I call bullshit. China probably didn’t want to have a major character be bisexual so they nixed him altogether. The #MeToo superior/subordinate dynamic was just a convenient excuse.

Having said that movie still looks dope.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I know the woke crowd wants to say Shang was bisexual and liked Ping but I never got the feeling that Shang was attracted to Ping, and even if he was it would probably because Ping was feminine.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

How would liking Ping make him bisexual? Ping was a woman lol. A woman dressed in man's clothing is still a woman. Its not even like Mulan is trans or something. She just pulled her hair back and didn't wear make up.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Eurell View Post
    How would liking Ping make him bisexual? Ping was a woman lol. A woman dressed in man's clothing is still a woman. Its not even like Mulan is trans or something. She just pulled her hair back and didn't wear make up.
    The woke crowd says that because Ping was pretending to be a man, and that Shang was attracted to Ping despite that representation, that means he was attracted to men.

Ignoring the whole, y'know, fact the reason why Shang would even have been attracted to Ping was because of Mulan being feminine.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Eurell View Post
    wat

The whole premise of the film is Mulan pretending to be a man to join the army. Everyone thought she was a man. If they knew she was a woman she would have never made it in the army. That’s the point. Everyone (including Shang) thought she was a man and Shang liked him anyway...that means Shang is bi.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

But she wasn't a man lol. Pretending or not. The entire movie, he was attracted to a woman. He wasn't attracted to any other men lol

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    wat

The whole premise of the film is Mulan pretending to be a man to join the army. Everyone thought she was a man. If they knew she was a woman she would have never made it in the army. That’s the point. Everyone (including Shang) thought she was a man and Shang liked him anyway...that means Shang is bi.
    But if he's attracted to Ping specifically (and I still don't buy that he is) it would be because Ping is feminine.

Being attracted to femininity makes you straight, not bi. It would be awkward if a male is feminine enough to make you attracted to them, but the point is you aren't attracted to masculinity which is what would make you gay/bi.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    It would be awkward if a male is feminine enough to make you attracted to them, but the point is you aren't attracted to masculinity which is what would make you gay/bi.
    Ehhh... I would argue that point a little, but Ping is a female anyway so it doesn't really matter lol

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

LMAO, yall need help

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    Film has been delayed. No new date set.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Seeing as there will be no one in theaters due to the virus scare, I can see more Studios following this

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

We planned to go see Onward this weekend to celebrate my birthday. I know we should be limiting social interactions, but I hope the theater isn't shut down so that can be our finally outside event for a bit.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

The sooner everyone starts self isolating, the better this is for everyone.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

I feel like films like New Mutants and Fast 9 should just come to a streaming service instead of the long delay to be shown in a theater.

why would fast 9's studio willingly pass up on the billion dollars its gonna make?

Ridill
    BG Level

More cynically, Disney could use D+ to show their theatrical releases and just put them behind an extra pay wall. A Pay-Per-View, as it were.
    Still wouldn't make as much as a normal theatrical release probably, but better than nothing.
    Hell, my wife hates going to theaters and I'm sure others do as well. Maybe the influx of that demographic could make up a little.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

New Mutants just can't catch a break lol. Put that shit on streaming.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

The live-action remake of Mulan was originally set to hit theaters in the U.S. on March 27, but shortly before release, Disney delayed the film two weeks due to the coronavirus pandemic. The film was then set to premiere on July 24, but, as the pandemic continues and lockdown restrictions remain under question, plans have changed yet again.

The film, which stars Liu Yifei in the title role, has shifted to Aug. 21, 2020.
    https://www.polygon.com/2020/6/26/21...august-21-2020

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Are they just gunna keep pushing it back a month? lol

I highly doubt things will be any safer come August. Social distancing a movie theater would be like 2 seats blocked off

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Will probably keep pushing it back until they can release it in China and get that Yuan/Renminbi bank, and then just release it on Disney+ for a 24hour rental fee followed by eventual free stream with a membership

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast