+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

Movie theater ticket price$

I would like to know what they are in your state/region. Here in eastern Tennessee over the past few years the price climbed to $10. Then they added a, "movie tax" that made it $10.25. This year the chain AMC bought out Carmike Cinemas for 1.2 billion dollars and have started to change over even though places still say, "Carmike" on the front. >.> (most theaters around here were Carmike) Prices stayed the same for a while then last weekend I went to a movie with somebody and suddenly it had jumped to $12 something. I don't remember the change. Another thing. At Carmike on tuesday's they would have movies for $5 all day and discounted drinks and popcorn and stuff. Now you have to pay a yearly fee for discounts by joining their, "StubClub" or whatever the fuck it's called. Oh, and 3D is $16.xx and IMAX costs $18.xx. This is getting ridiculous. If this keeps up I'm just going to have to wait for it on DVD.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Those are cheap tickets.

We have a Cinebarre down here that only charges $6 for showings Monday-Thursday. Most major movies come out Thursday night, so my wife and I go then. Not sure whens the last time we went Friday-Sunday.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

North bay area. For new releases base price is $10 iirc. Another 3-4 for 3D and $3 less for "matinee" pricing which is all day sunday and any movie that starts before 6 pm. For older stuff kind of depends like right next to my main theater they basically do every movie the main one in town does as soon as it leaves that theater and they are $3-4 with date night specials for lower

Also have cult movie nights that are cheaper and often double features but yeah really older stuff

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

$15 for 3D in Portland, OR.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

like 17 bucks for a regular movie, can go up to about 26 bucks for Imax here.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

$7-8USD for matinee. $11-12 for normal. $16 for the Arclight. $16-18 for 3D. $20 3D at the Arclight.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Jesus I'm jeal of many of you. In DC burbs any non special or matinee price is 13 minimum lol. 18-20 for 3D or IMAX.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

$12 general admin at the shitty theater. $15 for 3D.
    $15 general admin at the good one. $18 for 3D. $21 for imax

In short, fuck all that. Stream everything

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

$10 for two movies at the drive-in. Kids 5 and under are free.

Beats out any movie theater.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Where I live, our movie prices are all over the place depending on what kinda movie experience you want.

For a regular film :

Child General Senior VIP
    $8.99 $12.99 $9.50 $24.99

For a 3D film :

Child General Senior VIP
    11.99 $15.99 $12.50 $24.99

UltraAVX 3D :

Child General Senior
    $13.99 $17.99 $14.50

D-BOX UltraAVX 3D :

Child General Senior
    19.99 $23.99 $20.50

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

For the older AMC theater closest to me in Ocoee, Fl (the very border of Orlando):
    Children $3.99 all day
    Adult/Senior Matinee $3.99, Regular $5.99
    3D adds $3 to the above.

At one of the fancier Regal Cinema theaters (reclining chairs, reserved seating etc):
    Matinee
    Child $9.25
    Adult $10.75
    Military $10.75
    Senior $10.21

Regular
    Child $9.25
    Adult $12.66
    Student $11.70
    Military $10.75
    Senior $10.21

3D Regular
    Child $13.51
    Adult $16.92
    Student $15.96
    Military $15.01
    Senior $14.47

Just examples of 2 particular theaters, but there's some variance with others of course.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

I only go to matinee showings, and non-IMAX/3D except for major events (Star Wars/Avengers/Avatar/etc.)

$7 a ticket at AMC in LA county.

Milwaukee area. Marcus Theaters is primary theaters. Seems around $11-$14 depending on time of showing. Every Tuesday is $5 movies all day. Tuesday's are pretty much as busy as an opening night. No subscription needed. Marcus theaters have also converted most if not all to "Dream Lounger" which is recliner seats that are very comfortable. Plus most of them have food and bars in them now too. I only go on Tuesdays to see movies and with food and drink on average spend $15 maybe, $20 if I splurge. Totally worth it.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Lower NY here (Queens/Long Island). Not many old school theaters still around and carry bigger titles. Major go-to would be AMC where I imagine your paying the premium for the "experience". Included but not limited too: seating, food, atmosphere, and etc.

The few Mom and Pop theaters that were in my area used to charge $15 at most but usually $10-12. AMC is a minimum $18.50 with more for Imax, 3D, and the rest of the bells and whistles.

It's funny how old I feel when my mom gave me $20 maybe 15 years ago (which included bus fare) and is bring back change but I have to give my nieces double that to get by.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    Jesus I'm jeal of many of you. In DC burbs any non special or matinee price is 13 minimum lol. 18-20 for 3D or IMAX.
    I went and saw spiderman at 7PM on a monday 10 days after it opened and it was $17/ticket in freaking Gainesville, VA which is 40 minutes outside DC. I'm making more money than ever, but holy hell even the simple stuff is expensive.

2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

South central PA.

The quality theater here is Regal Cinemas. A "small" soda is $5.50, while a keg of soda is $6.00. They have a ridiculous menu of snacks that all cost about twice what they should. The theaters all have really nice recliner seats, are super-clean, and smell of Febreeze.

Non-3D matinee/senior/child: $10.05
    Non-3D adult: $13.20
    3D matinee/senior/child: $13.55
    3D adult: $16.70

There's also a local budget theater that plays movies that are a couple months old. Sometimes they get nice brand-new feature films on day 1 but it's very rare. Their sodas are cheaper ($3.25 for a small and $4.50 for a large) and come with unlimited refills. Their snack menu is bare-bones but cheap. You stick to the floors when you walk into their theaters, there's brown coiled serpents in the toilet bowls most of the time and dust puffs out of the theater seats when you sit down.

Tickets are $3, except adults after 6PM, those are $5. Fun for the whole family as long as you take breathing masks.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

NYC (Manhattan/Brooklyn)

$17-$20 for non-3D ($22 for the 100 ft IMAX when they actually show non-3D)
    3D is obviously more, I don't know or care because it's a gimmick.

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

Chicago (Loop area)

AMC Theater (near NBC Tower):
    Normal (Digital movie) - $10
    REAL3D - $16
    I don't know the price of the Navy Pier IMAX which uses the original projectors (not digital) Museum of Science and Industry also has an original projector.

I always thought anything over $10 for normal was too expensive to bother seeing. Most movies I used to see in digital format were about $9, but the times are changing. Matinees are still cheap of course even here in the city (like 6 bucks or something like that at my local theater).

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Surprised people are still paying for 3D. Thought that fad died awhile ago.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast