Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dial Key ANV Results?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Dial Key ANV Results?

Anyone tried one of these yet, what kind of items are we talkin here. Trying to decide if i want to waste my last 8 days of this sub wasting time on these objectives or something more productive to sitting in my moghouse.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    Anyone tried one of these yet, what kind of items are we talkin here. Trying to decide if i want to waste my last 8 days of this sub wasting time on these objectives or something more productive to sitting in my moghouse.
    The majority of them don't take much time at all to complete and since they are only weekly, there's no harm in doing them. As far as what you get from the ANV key... figure expanded SP dial. Still mostly trash, but they added SR drops, and I've heard that you can get Omen bodies, but probably worse than Tartarus Mail drop rates, so don't count on it. lol

The only one that takes a while is the Mythril Marathon, but if you want the eventual Omega Mount, you have to do that one too. ^^;;;

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

My general impression has been that they're basically Special Dial keys, except possibly with a modified set of possible equipment in the pool. Most of what I've seen people post about getting seems to be Escha/Omen items, when it's not just crap (I think I've turned in around a hundred of them with something like three of them netting Escha items).

Few of the objectives are particularly time consuming (well, none are, but the crafting one is limited to Lightsday), so it's probably worth doing a few of them.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Some are rather time consuming if you want to say do them on mules (try traveling to undead without full travel lol or binding 10 times without haste/fast cast gear) which I made the mistake of trying. Overall seems in some ways worse then SP dial. Like 200+ and I got nothing that was from content that came after abyssea. Also haven't really seen high level crafted stuff on it

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Some are rather time consuming if you want to say do them on mules (try traveling to undead without full travel lol or binding 10 times without haste/fast cast gear) which I made the mistake of trying. Overall seems in some ways worse then SP dial. Like 200+ and I got nothing that was from content that came after abyssea. Also haven't really seen high level crafted stuff on it
    Survival Guide to Eldieme Necropolis puts you right next to a bunch of skeletons. ^^
    Best I've gotten so far (without bothering to run mules thru) has been 100byne x2.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

you only get one key per roe done right? do more objectives open as you do them i only see like 7 and they are weekly, you got over 100 keys? is that on mules and stuff i guess now that i think about it ?

I did the roe for the key item on me and my dual box. was contemplating if i wanted to do it for the rest of my mules for the mounts. It was kinda irritating. bought 10 gravels on ah for one and only 4 were left on ah so i needed 6 more. fuckin a stack and a half pickaxes breaking before i got my first one then all in a row i got the 6 i needed. Ive got 5 mules id have to do, im not sure i have the patience lol.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

you only get one key per roe done right? do more objectives open as you do them i only see like 7 and they are weekly, you got over 100 keys? is that on mules and stuff i guess now that i think about it ?

I did the roe for the key item on me and my dual box. was contemplating if i wanted to do it for the rest of my mules for the mounts. It was kinda irritating. bought 10 gravels on ah for one and only 4 were left on ah so i needed 6 more. fuckin a stack and a half pickaxes breaking before i got my first one then all in a row i got the 6 i needed. Ive got 5 mules id have to do, im not sure i have the patience lol.
    Doing the Mythril Marathon monthly (which rewards the "O" KI for Omega mount) unlocks a weekly version of the same quest. That would mean you can get a max of 8x weeklies for about 4x weeks, so ~32x keys per month per character.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Survival Guide to Eldieme Necropolis puts you right next to a bunch of skeletons. ^^
    Best I've gotten so far (without bothering to run mules thru) has been 100byne x2.
    Which is fine for main accounts but like I said mules not used for anything else that don't have survival guides or those points which can't be bought with vouchers and they aren't geared to be able to kill them well at levels they'd actually get xp

yeah man I was saying what a pain it is to do on mules