Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 103
  1. #21
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    43
    BG Level
    1
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Funkworkz View Post
    Sure the Auction House category could be removed, but it would be more work to remove it at this point since we mass added all items ever listed on Asura's AH to all non EX pages awhile back. This was done at the same time, and we elected to keep Armor/Weapon pages off this list. I guess we kind of forgot about furnishings, but i think its nice to have it anyway.
    I'd like to keep it for another reason all of the AH stuff can be turned into links in like 5 minutes using the Template and I've wanted to do this for a while. I kept forgetting to bring it up in discord with you guys.

  2. #22
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,333
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    That's not a big deal, as long as an existing file isn't being overwritten

  3. #23
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,333
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    GJ with all of the pictures youve added Nya

  4. #24
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,181
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Quote Originally Posted by Funkworkz View Post
    GJ with all of the pictures youve added Nya
    Surprised how many things I have that needed them tbh. ^^ Only gone thru 4/13 characters so far, will probably have more too.

  5. #25
    i should really shut up
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,015
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Wow, thanks Nyarlko. Tons of pictures.

  6. #26
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,181
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    I'm a packrat. I don't have 13x characters only because I am an altoholic, which I am, after all. lol Each mule is designated to hold certain things like crafting mats per craft, upgrade items (empyrean, etc), pop items (yes, Hoardingmule has at least 240x slots worth of pops, incl UNM mats), etc... I'm actually finding it somewhat amusing how many furnishings I've forgotten that I had. XD We're just in luck that I happen to have a bunch that were missing pictures.

  7. #27
    i should really shut up
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,015
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    I'm a packrat. I don't have 13x characters only because I am an altoholic
    Read this as a misspelling of "alcoholic" at first.

  8. #28
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,181
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    Read this as a misspelling of "alcoholic" at first.
    No worries, it's only a one letter difference. XD

    BTW, if there are any complaints about my screenshots, lemme know so I can retake them. ^^ I know I used a few slightly odd angles to try to squeeze the whole thing into the shot. Tomeshelves are frickin' tall. ._.

  9. #29
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,181
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    On a different topic, how would I go about adding a section to a page including a link to another category page? Was trying to add a link to the Monstrosity page to the Category:Monstrosity_Torque page (since there isn't a link.. or even anything at all to indicate that there are any rewards other than unlocking add'l species.)

    Also, even though I've heard that they suck, I haven't found any actual information on the augments (both values and process.) Should I give up on english sources and go digging thru jp wikis?

  10. #30
    i should really shut up
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,015
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    On a different topic, how would I go about adding a section to a page including a link to another category page? Was trying to add a link to the Monstrosity page to the Category:Monstrosity_Torque page (since there isn't a link.. or even anything at all to indicate that there are any rewards other than unlocking add'l species.)

    Also, even though I've heard that they suck, I haven't found any actual information on the augments (both values and process.) Should I give up on english sources and go digging thru jp wikis?


    Do you mean a disambiguation? Or just a related pages section?

    Yeah, the NA community gave up on monstrosity when they came out. I don't think I ever saw a person wearing the torques.

  11. #31
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,333
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    To link to a category page you need a colon at the beginning, so [[:Category:Monstrosity_Torque|Text]]

  12. #32
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,181
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    Do you mean a disambiguation? Or just a related pages section?

    Yeah, the NA community gave up on monstrosity when they came out. I don't think I ever saw a person wearing the torques.
    I mean that there is no link to, or explanation about how to get, the torques on the Monstrosity page. If you look at that page, there is no indication that you get any rewards out of the event other than unlocking more species to play as. Since there is an existing page for the torques, I wanted to add a link to it on the main Monstrosity page, but I was doing something wrong since it wasn't working. :/

    I did check out jpwiki for the torques. Even they don't have data for all of them, but there are a few w/ fully listed capped augments and they are not actually horrible. They are very mediocre though, and with the lack of interest in it from the player base, they look to be just shy of impossible to obtain now since it seems to require PVP to both acquire and upgrade them.

    On the furnishings front, I'm done with what I have. Took a good chunk out of the list, but didn't hit my hopeful goal of dropping it to a single page... Once I get around to finishing my WW'er subcrafts, I'll consider making some of the rarer ones myself JUST to take a picture, but that is probably gonna be a while. >.>

  13. #33
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,181
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    New question! How hard would it be to add all related furnishings to the Moghancement(etc) pages? Would it have to be done manually or is there a way for those pages to automatically pull in all items tagged with them?

  14. #34
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,333
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    When I was done with the furnishing category/remaining furnishing pages i was going to simply link back to the category and make a note about sorting by moghancement. This is mainly for the Moghancement: Element KIs since there are so many furnishings that give them. It would technically be possible to do, but seems wasteful and would stretch the page pretty far.

    The moghancements that are only obtained by a handful of furnishings (Region, Mega Mog: Craft, etc) are easily able to have them on the KI page. I will add them after I am done with furnishings.

  15. #35
    i should really shut up
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,015
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    I mean that there is no link to, or explanation about how to get, the torques on the Monstrosity page. If you look at that page, there is no indication that you get any rewards out of the event other than unlocking more species to play as. Since there is an existing page for the torques, I wanted to add a link to it on the main Monstrosity page, but I was doing something wrong since it wasn't working. :/

    I did check out jpwiki for the torques. Even they don't have data for all of them, but there are a few w/ fully listed capped augments and they are not actually horrible. They are very mediocre though, and with the lack of interest in it from the player base, they look to be just shy of impossible to obtain now since it seems to require PVP to both acquire and upgrade them.

    On the furnishings front, I'm done with what I have. Took a good chunk out of the list, but didn't hit my hopeful goal of dropping it to a single page... Once I get around to finishing my WW'er subcrafts, I'll consider making some of the rarer ones myself JUST to take a picture, but that is probably gonna be a while. >.>
    I don't actually remember/know how to upgrade the torques. No one does gladiator in Monstrosity anyway since they never fully implemented it (level 99).

  16. #36
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,181
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    I don't actually remember/know how to upgrade the torques. No one does gladiator in Monstrosity anyway since they never fully implemented it (level 99).
    It's augmented using Alloy Tonics in a similar system (and identical values) as Eschalixir/Airlixir. I know that you can buy them with Prestige, don't know if there are any other sources. Can buy the bottom two tiers of torques as well as get them as drops in chests from being a high ranked Gladiator and killing high ranked monster players.. The basic process seems to be: T1 torque > augment to rank15 > trade in for T2 torque > augment to rank15 > trade in for T3 torque > augment to rank15. ._.;;;

    Agreed that it does not seem like something that is likely to ever be properly documented since there just aren't enough players total left to have enough targets participating on either side of Monstrosity. As I mentioned, there are a couple of documented ones on JPwiki, but nothing really screams awesome and at best, you'd end up with something equivalent to Escha-Zi'tah quality gear, so I can't even justify putting in the effort to try to figure out a way to game the system w/ my dbox.

    My biggest confusion is why the heck SE would bother adding a new PvP system when there aren't going to be any P's to v... XD

    An example of what you can get from the fully augmented torques (typing all this out since copy/paste won't work):

    Melioration Torque, lv99 All Jobs, MP+10 INT+3 MND+3 CHR+3
    A: MP+40 INT+3 MND+3
    B: MP+40 M.Acc+3 CHR+3
    C: MP+40 Pet:M.Acc+5 Pet:MAB+5

    :/ They might've been cool when they were added, but pretty much can't compete nowadays as far as I can tell. Maybe there's something unmapped that is still awesome, but I don't know how we can find out anymore.

  17. #37
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,333
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    All furnishings should now have aura, dimensions and moghancement linked. They should now also all have their obtainment source. All mog kis are also filled out.

    Next step is to finish appearance images. This list is now complete and won't grow unless a new furnishing is added. https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:...pearance_Image 361 needed as of this post. If anyone adds a pic, be sure to delete the [[Category:Needs Appearance Image]] tag.

  18. #38
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,181
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Quote Originally Posted by Funkworkz View Post
    All furnishings should now have aura, dimensions and moghancement linked. They should now also all have their obtainment source. All mog kis are also filled out.

    Next step is to finish appearance images. This list is now complete and won't grow unless a new furnishing is added. https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:...pearance_Image 361 needed as of this post. If anyone adds a pic, be sure to delete the [[Category:Needs Appearance Image]] tag.
    You found more? ><;; Thought I had it down to 220... Now I gotta go back thru the list to see how many of the added ones I have.
    Out of curiosity, do you plan to leave the NYI/removed items on the list eternally? It's been many, many years since my PS2 gave up the ghost and I lost my Gold Bed screenshots for instance, so I sure as heck won't be able to do that one. (Fished one up as soon as I heard about the bug to put in MH, not to exploit selling them.)

  19. #39
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,333
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    When you added those ones I wasn't quite finished with the list. Now they are all done, so no more will be added.

    I will probably keep all of the nyi/removed unless they get removed from the .dats

  20. #40
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,181
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Something interesting about Mog House 2nd Floor, which I recently discovered (and updated the Furnishings page with already.)

    There are a total of 92 Wall Hung spots "upstairs." Three 3x4 "panels" per side wall, plus one 3x4 on the back wall, plus two 1x4 columns on the front wall by the door.
    The slots are smaller than the ones in 1st Floor.
    Furnishings placed are allowed to overlap.


    I imagine that some interesting shenanigans are possible with layout possibilities. XD

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag

Similar Threads

  1. BG-Wiki Random Question Thread
    By Rocl in forum BG-Wiki Discussion
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 2011-11-21, 17:43