Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

So I wanted to put this out there that the BG wiki lists 4 summoner guides (one empty default wiki), but they are all out of date (none mention smn collar and/or baayami fun times of 9 min buffs/21 second recast gear).

Here's a thread that actually puts current BiS gear:

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/5...ar-guide-2019/

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    So I wanted to put this out there that the BG wiki lists 4 summoner guides (one empty default wiki), but they are all out of date (none mention smn collar and/or baayami fun times of 9 min buffs/21 second recast gear).

Here's a thread that actually puts current BiS gear:

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/5...ar-guide-2019/
    Thanks, updated

However, the Prismfang guide is not out of date, and has that gear in it.

Fae's SMN guide is not so much about high end gear, but I made a note that the endgame stuff was outdated.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    Thanks, updated

However, the Prismfang guide is not out of date, and has that gear in it.

Fae's SMN guide is not so much about high end gear, but I made a note that the endgame stuff was outdated.
    Prismfang's guide doesn't include the -21 second bp set, it does have the collar, though, so my bad on that one. I rarely looked at that one since it's missing sets (siphon, ws, etc.).

Just pointing that out in case you wanted that one updated instead.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

How would one go about creating a new Wiki section dedicated simply to /stylelock? Would like to see the section added to Crafts & Hobbies since many players like to dress up.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Yojimmbo.Asura View Post
    How would one go about creating a new Wiki section dedicated simply to /stylelock? Would like to see the section added to Crafts & Hobbies since many players like to dress up.
    This definitely has potential, but I am not sure if it would be long enough to be under crafts and hobbies. I could see it being more of a guide and be expanded pretty far.

I could be wrong, so what kind of ideas do you have for it?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Funkworkz View Post
    This definitely has potential, but I am not sure if it would be long enough to be under crafts and hobbies. I could see it being more of a guide and be expanded pretty far.

I could be wrong, so what kind of ideas do you have for it?
    How to hide your shield with a lockstyle, dress up like a Sandorian Knight, How to track down pieces, quests and events to obtain gears, dress like a 75 DD, pretty much something to do before going to an event and look spiffy. Several FFXI websites are actually missing basic things we see everyday like the appearance of the Mandragora suit Suit and Mask, the head can be switched out with the Lycopodium mask to complete it. Next weeks event means we will be able to get a decent Kamlaut (mt) lockstyle finally. Or maybe we can show peeps how to acquire the Serpent General stylelock. I would be very willing to get a guide going, not sure at the moment as far as templates tables or the set up for it. Would definitely give something players to do while waiting for an event to start or while waiting for more people to get recruited during shouts.

Sorry didn't think it would pop out like that, but these are a few stylelocks I photoshopped together.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

How to hide your shield with a lockstyle, dress up like a Sandorian Knight, How to track down pieces, quests and events to obtain gears, dress like a 75 DD, pretty much something to do before going to an event and look spiffy. Several FFXI websites are actually missing basic things we see everyday like the appearance of the Mandragora suit Suit and Mask, the head can be switched out with the Lycopodium mask to complete it. Next weeks event means we will be able to get a decent Kamlaut (mt) lockstyle finally. Or maybe we can show peeps how to acquire the Serpent General stylelock. I would be very willing to get a guide going, not sure at the moment as far as templates tables or the set up for it. Would definitely give something players to do while waiting for an event to start or while waiting for more people to get recruited during shouts.

Sorry didn't think it would pop out like that, but these are a few stylelocks I photoshopped together.
    All you need to do is upload your files and make a page with them. If you are interested in lockstyles then pursue it. Assuredly, others are as well, and you'd likely be appreciated if you covered the ins and outs of the looks.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Where is there a template? I have never created a guide. This is going to take some time >.>

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Where is there a template? I have never created a guide. This is going to take some time >.>
    There isn't one. Assets tend to be reused though.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The closest thing I can think of would maybe be the template for a gearset, similar to how an AF set is displayed, could prolly replace or add to display how to obtain? I could just find the NPC within the BGWiki and add a table displaying the equipment needed to achieve such said stylelock? I'm all ears at this point. I think it would be a small guide but no other site currently has one.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The closest thing I can think of would maybe be the template for a gearset, similar to how an AF set is displayed, could prolly replace or add to display how to obtain? I could just find the NPC within the BGWiki and add a table displaying the equipment needed to achieve such said stylelock? I'm all ears at this point. I think it would be a small guide but no other site currently has one.
    The equipment set template you see in the job guides with a picture uploaded should suffice?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Style_Lock

Going to find out how to make a table or chart, actually this is a very good start thanks for the advice to use this template.

Edit: I am winging it for the most part, need to learn how to code this stuff so it can shine.

Can't post the link since I'm new, but this is on The Ygnas Directive page.

On step 4 after talking with Levil but before talking with Masad, I had to go back to the castle and talk with Ploh to get a CS with Arciela.

(edit) Actually, nvm this was for the siren quest, had to talk to him again after starting that quest line.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kerith7537 View Post
    Can't post the link since I'm new, but this is on The Ygnas Directive page.

On step 4 after talking with Levil but before talking with Masad, I had to go back to the castle and talk with Ploh to get a CS with Arciela.

(edit) Actually, nvm this was for the siren quest, had to talk to him again after starting that quest line.
    Thanks for the edit to the original post. Welcome.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

How do I create a show/hide button for a section on a wiki page? In this case my user talk page.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    How do I create a show/hide button for a section on a wiki page? In this case my user talk page.
    {{Colbutton}} is what I think you are asking for?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It wasn't but it reminded me that there had to be formatting guides out there, dunno why I didn't think of it. Google'd mediawiki and got an answer I liked a couple seconds later.

{| class="mw-collapsible mw-collapsed wikitable"
    ! The header || remains visible
    |-
    | This content || is hidden
    |-
    | at first || load time
    |}

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    It wasn't but it reminded me that there had to be formatting guides out there, dunno why I didn't think of it. Google'd mediawiki and got an answer I liked a couple seconds later.
    Can also class="collapsible collapsed" in the header.

Just wasn't sure what you were looking for.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

In the MNK Artifact quest "Beat Around the Bushin" the location of the Hide Flap on the guide says F-7 when really its at F-6.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

EDIT: SORRY didn't realize they happen to respawn in F-6 and F-7!