Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Where may I find the collapse command, err what do I type in the Edit to collapse a section? And where is it placed? Page is getting too long <.<

Edit: Is this it?
    {{Colbutton}}
    Where is it placed?

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Yojimmbo.Asura View Post
    Where may I find the collapse command, err what do I type in the Edit to collapse a section? And where is it placed? Page is getting too long <.<

Edit: Is this it?
    {{Colbutton}}
    Where is it placed?
    You are looking for
    Code:
    class="collapsible collapsed"
    in the table header I believe.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Currently, the Odyssey Gaol Tier 3 weapons and armor only have their datamined R30 augmented stats listed on the wiki. However, there is not sign of them being able to go above R20 (with the R30 values being for the future), so I think it would be a good idea to keep the R20 augments listed on the pages as well.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    Currently, the Odyssey Gaol Tier 3 weapons and armor only have their datamined R30 augmented stats listed on the wiki. However, there is not sign of them being able to go above R20 (with the R30 values being for the future), so I think it would be a good idea to keep the R20 augments listed on the pages as well.
    I was toying with the idea of adding R15, R20, R25, and R30 to the pages but thats a lot of real estate. Maybe a dropdown of sorts could help. Has anyone beaten them on V+15 yet? Why do you think they only go to R20?

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Funkworkz View Post
    I was toying with the idea of adding R15, R20, R25, and R30 to the pages but thats a lot of real estate. Maybe a dropdown of sorts could help. Has anyone beaten them on V+15 yet? Why do you think they only go to R20?
    Not horribly, but yeah it isn't ideal:

Alternatively we could just set up a table at the bottom of the set page like there was for Delve armor ranks that displays when you get what at what rank.
    Which undoubtedly would be the most useful when determining what to augment. While the page needs to be updated from an old style it demonstrates:
    https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Qaaxo_Harness_Set

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Funkworkz View Post
    To unlock the T2 V levels, you have to beat all of the T1 NMs at equal or higher level V (so for example, to fight any of the T2 at V10, you have to beat every T1 at V10 or higher). As such, given that T1s don't have V available for above 15, that means T2 is stuck at V15, which likely applies to T3 in turn. Thus, R20 would be the cap.

There's also been one group on ffxiah that beat one at V15, and they didn't mention anything about unlocking higher levels.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but all the WHM bodies were renamed to have a single spelling "Bliaut" instead of "Bliaud" "Briault" etc
    I tried to edit but I dont know how to do it without breaking links. Anyone more knowledgeable able to fix these items please?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Okay, so the wiki has some big problems with the SDT term. Particularly, as soon as we found out how that mechanic actually worked, the term's name itself became misleading, because it talks about DT, while the actual term encompasses something much more complex and only occasionally related to actual damage taken. It's also got some actual inaccuracies on some pages (for example, the damage taken boxes on mob pages say that the elemental SDT affects damage by the value given in the box, but that's untrue).

Would anyone care if I renamed it to Resistance Rank, and started updating the relevant pages to be more accurate and less misleading?

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Okay, so the wiki has some big problems with the SDT term. Particularly, as soon as we found out how that mechanic actually worked, the term's name itself became misleading, because it talks about DT, while the actual term encompasses something much more complex and only occasionally related to actual damage taken. It's also got some actual inaccuracies on some pages (for example, the damage taken boxes on mob pages say that the elemental SDT affects damage by the value given in the box, but that's untrue).

Would anyone care if I renamed it to Resistance Rank, and started updating the relevant pages to be more accurate and less misleading?
    That sounds fine.

Especially since there is a difference between Special Damage from something like Killer Instinct and the slapped together "Specific Damage" Taken from resistance rank.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Mayoyama View Post
    I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but all the WHM bodies were renamed to have a single spelling "Bliaut" instead of "Bliaud" "Briault" etc
    I tried to edit but I dont know how to do it without breaking links. Anyone more knowledgeable able to fix these items please?
    I did fix these recently, sorry for the delay. It is a task to do.

I made redirects, but some pages like the WHM page will have the old names still that could be changed. They are working because they are redirects so its not required.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I changed nearly all the references to species damage taken and rehauled the Resist page (as well as doing some tests in the process regarding some details about monster elemental resistance and Subtle Sorcery). However, there's two protected pages that I can't fix; the Template:Adversary Description 2 and Template:Bestiary Description 2, which handle tables involving resistance ranks that I want to clean up. How would I get permission to edit those two pages?

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I changed nearly all the references to species damage taken and rehauled the Resist page (as well as doing some tests in the process regarding some details about monster elemental resistance and Subtle Sorcery). However, there's two protected pages that I can't fix; the Template:Adversary Description 2 and Template:Bestiary Description 2, which handle tables involving resistance ranks that I want to clean up. How would I get permission to edit those two pages?
    What did you want to change in those templates? I could easily make the changes to them.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    What did you want to change in those templates? I could easily make the changes to them.
    They both have a section that says:

During battle some monsters may change resistances.

100% denotates that a monster takes full damage.
    *E.g At 5% a foe takes -95% damage.
    Tiers of 50% or less guarantee an enfeeble resist with 5% causing immunity.
    :See the [[Resist]] and [[Damage Type]] pages.
    I wanted to change this to

The upper row corresponds to damage type resistance.
    100% denotes that a monster takes full damage.
    *E.g., 5% on slashing means a foe takes -95% damage from slashing attacks.

The lower row corresponds to elemental resistance ranks.
    The lower the value, the more resistant a mob is to that element.
    50% or lower guarantees a resist.

During battle some monsters may change resistances.
    :See the [[Damage Type]] and [[Resist]] pages.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Updated it, and made it fit into the box without wrapping to another line.

I don't believe "slashing" is needed. 5% anything is -95%.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I would like to suggest changing the existing maps on the Odyssey page. Some are plain false as in what they project, some are wrongly rotated/mirrored, some are distorted, some are missing elements, some have non-walkable elements, some have additional information that's not needed on an actual map, and they're all very out of sync.

I created a complete set of maps that are all unified and in line with our oldschool FFXI maps and additionally are:
    - drawn in Inkscape on top of the original client 3D model in ortographic top view from Blender
    - correctly oriented to North and traced to precision
    - named with actual floor names (Odyssey Sheol X, Perdition X-X etc.)
    - marked in the most necessary manner like old maps used to be for fastest eye scanning
    - almost to scale; since there's no coordinates inside Sheol this is no big deal, but comparing to other models and their maps they should be close to accurate
    - no watermarks or anything unnecessary

I don't just want to go ahead and change work that has been done and would like to know if this is even appreciated and if so where I should go with this.
    I wanted to post some examples that I uploaded to my BG Bucket but I'm not allowed to post URLs yet.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I like the new maps you made, but until they also have similar markers (distorted or not) like the others do. Then they should only be uploaded on the page as well, and not replacing them.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Hey Spicyryan,

thanks for getting back to me, I tend to be unable to focus on some things so my response is late.
    From what I can see the existing maps show:

Sheol A: waypoints
    Sheol B: waypoints, halos (all over the place) and coffers (all over the place)
    Sheol C: waypoints, "enemy locations" (all over the place)

Again, lack of consistency here. I do see why people would mark those things up but I also don't see the point. Odyssey is packed with mobs with the rare exception of a few teleporter locations and the whole idea is that they're always random. What's the point in showing "enemy locations" on those maps? If they were static I'd maybe agree to mark up group types to plan ahead, but alas that's not the case.
    Coffers. Ok I get it. But coffers really are all over the place, sometimes even on ramps. It's so extremely random, why mark them up in the first place?
    Halos. Same as coffers. I get why people would wanna know where they can be, but hey guess what, they can be anywhere where there's monsters, and that's pretty much everywhere.

I don't mean to be salty or offensive with all due respect. I understand that there's already been work invested in the existing maps.
    I'd like to make an argument against marking up ubiquitous content that on top of that is completely random on purpose in Odyssey.

Also, say I did mark coffers, there's no real data on this to begin with. None in A or C at all and on the 'B' maps they are just placed there from mere observations I wager. As mentioned, I mean to have seen coffers being on ramps even, so they're pretty much anywhere I suppose.
    If I marked up halos, they'd just end up being everywhere...except for very few teleporter locations.

Would be interested in further thoughts or arguments against my arguments. If we do agree on keeping the existing ones, would I just place mine on a second line? I'm kinda reluctant to mark up all the above for the given reasons. It just clutters the maps for no good reason in my opinion.

Thanks for anyone commenting!
    Greetings~

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Deridjian View Post
    Hey Spicyryan,

thanks for getting back to me, I tend to be unable to focus on some things so my response is late.
    From what I can see the existing maps show:

Sheol A: waypoints
    Sheol B: waypoints, halos (all over the place) and coffers (all over the place)
    Sheol C: waypoints, "enemy locations" (all over the place)

Again, lack of consistency here. I do see why people would mark those things up but I also don't see the point. Odyssey is packed with mobs with the rare exception of a few teleporter locations and the whole idea is that they're always random. What's the point in showing "enemy locations" on those maps? If they were static I'd maybe agree to mark up group types to plan ahead, but alas that's not the case.
    Coffers. Ok I get it. But coffers really are all over the place, sometimes even on ramps. It's so extremely random, why mark them up in the first place?
    Halos. Same as coffers. I get why people would wanna know where they can be, but hey guess what, they can be anywhere where there's monsters, and that's pretty much everywhere.

I don't mean to be salty or offensive with all due respect. I understand that there's already been work invested in the existing maps.
    I'd like to make an argument against marking up ubiquitous content that on top of that is completely random on purpose in Odyssey.

Also, say I did mark coffers, there's no real data on this to begin with. None in A or C at all and on the 'B' maps they are just placed there from mere observations I wager. As mentioned, I mean to have seen coffers being on ramps even, so they're pretty much anywhere I suppose.
    If I marked up halos, they'd just end up being everywhere...except for very few teleporter locations.

Would be interested in further thoughts or arguments against my arguments. If we do agree on keeping the existing ones, would I just place mine on a second line? I'm kinda reluctant to mark up all the above for the given reasons. It just clutters the maps for no good reason in my opinion.

Thanks for anyone commenting!
    Greetings~
    NP, thanks for reaching out in the first place.

The maps can coexist, and be the primary ones seen, but they could have useful additions to them. Not saying to go nuts, but personally I value seeing these and the old ones.

Would you like them to be added as is or did you want to add anything to them?

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

After thinking this over for a while I made a few test edits and preview mockups for myself to see how to format this. I still think it's a problem that the "additional information" we speak of is only available on the Sheol B maps to begin with.

I'd be ok with making a second set as you suggested which would contain that info for the B maps and position them in a smaller size on the next row with a working mouse hover preview. I still think it gives the impression that certain things other than waypoints are at a certain position, which is wrong. An example of how this could be formatted can be seen in my Bucket (still can't post URLs)

On that note I'd also like to format the tables in those sections a little bit to simplify design, improve flow and reduce strain and superfluity; and swap them. I'm referring only to the "Notorious Monsters" and "Statistics" table of each Sheol. This can also be seen as a mockup in my Bucket.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Now that you have 5 posts you can, I think!

Yeah, I can dig it. Thanks for your work, and go right ahead.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7