Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I'm old, and I can't read BG maps. They're so tiny even when clicked. How hard is it to add a full-size option similar to ffxiclopedia?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Press Control and + to zoom in or Control and mouse flywheel if you have one.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Press Control and + to zoom in or Control and mouse flywheel if you have one.
    Whenever I do that, it does it to all my tabs. So I can by opening a new window every time, but that's kinda annoying.

edit: I do know how to reset it (ctrl+0) I'm not that ignorant about computers. XD

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    I'm old, and I can't read BG maps. They're so tiny even when clicked. How hard is it to add a full-size option similar to ffxiclopedia?
    We have had a future project planned for larger HD maps, but we have so much work and need help because we just haven't gotten around to it.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    We have had a future project planned for larger HD maps, but we have so much work and need help because we just haven't gotten around to it.
    No worries! I don't know how to do this stuff or I'd gladly help. But it was a suggestion thread and I thought I'd suggest it. XD

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    No worries! I don't know how to do this stuff or I'd gladly help. But it was a suggestion thread and I thought I'd suggest it. XD
    Yeah we want to, even worked on a test one and discussed what we want to carry out overall when it happens one day.

Right now (amongst all the other things ) I am working on making a layout for user pages and all the templates that go along with that. It seemed more important than maps :/

It is about 50% done, ann~nnd links to the forum inbox because why not:
    Spoiler: show

This and the typical things, ambuscade, page info, various other personal projects that I never keep track of, etc. We just set up more stuff for fishing info, Funkworkz is working on key item pages, and being dragged into my work of the moment, so on and so forth.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Was trying to look up quartermaster (for loot distribution) and just noticed that on the page https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Game_Mechanics , a third of the pages in the top section don't even seem to exist...

I am clueless when it comes to wiki formatting/design, so would it be OK if someone like me makes the pages and someone else can come thru and pretty them up?

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Was trying to look up quartermaster (for loot distribution) and just noticed that on the page https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Game_Mechanics , a third of the pages in the top section don't even seem to exist...

I am clueless when it comes to wiki formatting/design, so would it be OK if someone like me makes the pages and someone else can come thru and pretty them up?
    I always come through and pretty it up.

Lol feel free to ask questions on discord or to hand over something and I'll give it the old 5 minute reach around.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So on the main page, at the top under battle content, clicking the A.M.A.N. Trove link goes here ;
    https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/A.M.A.N._Trove

Kinda feel like it's supposed to go here?
    https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:A.M.A.N._Trove

Thanks for you guys keeping up with stuff.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Haxx View Post
    So on the main page, at the top under battle content, clicking the A.M.A.N. Trove link goes here ;
    https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/A.M.A.N._Trove

Kinda feel like it's supposed to go here?
    https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:A.M.A.N._Trove

Thanks for you guys keeping up with stuff.
    Well the redirect goes to the page, but yeah I'll fix that, thanks for the tip.

Always trying to keep up. There have been some newer users helping out a bunch which is nice. It is nice to see new faces helping build on the past.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Why do you have resists terminology backwards? It really bugged me today out of all days. If I see 30% resist water and 50% resist earth then I think deal water damage. Can you change that to elemental weakness or damage take or something? 30% resist should not mean 70% mitigation.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by locohobo View Post
    Why do you have resists terminology backwards? It really bugged me today out of all days. If I see 30% resist water and 50% resist earth then I think deal water damage. Can you change that to elemental weakness or damage take or something? 30% resist should not mean 70% mitigation.
    It's not backwards. 100% is full damage, 130% is +30%. 50% is -50%. It has a note below it and the SDT page explains it. There is more than damage to contend with here. It's also resist tiers.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I guess I should elaborate why I am complaining. On Warder of Courage you have it saying he is susceptible 115% to darkness which makes sense, he takes extra darkness, and resists for the elements is 60% meaning he mitigates 60%. Now on Fii Pexu the Eternal (dyna windy D boss) you have the box titles resistance with all the values. With that box resistance means how much damage they take for that element, not how much mitigation it has. So the 30% there would be 70% mitigation.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I guess I should elaborate why I am complaining. On Warder of Courage you have it saying he is susceptible 115% to darkness which makes sense, he takes extra darkness, and resists for the elements is 60% meaning he mitigates 60%. Now on Fii Pexu the Eternal (dyna windy D boss) you have the box titles resistance with all the values. With that box resistance means how much damage they take for that element, not how much mitigation it has. So the 30% there would be 70% mitigation.
    Magic Damage Taken and the SDT tiers are different. WoC builds his DT over the course of the fight to 50%.

Don't over think it. 70% is -30% and 115% is +15%

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

100% resist should not mean takes full damage. It should mean takes no damage. That was all I was saying. Clearly you think differently so I guess thats that.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

100% resist should not mean takes full damage. It should mean takes no damage. That was all I was saying. Clearly you think differently so I guess thats that.
    Well it's a tier, not pure resistance. You are more or less just asking the starting point to be 0% and go negative instead of to 5%.

It's just immune by 0%. In fact off the top of my head without reading, idk if there is a 0% tier. Since that means Rayke could make an immune mob vulnerable, but I digress.

The tiers are important for landing stuff. 5% means you won't land any enfeebles for that element, but will still inflict damage if that element albeit -95%. At the 50% tier or lower you are guaranteed a resist. Which doesn't mean it lands or doesn't either. For something like 50% dark it means Sleep is guaranteed a resist regardless if never flat out resists. It also means darkness damage will do 50% less.

Also, when you have a damage bonus to something, say idk- weather, pick anything. +10% that would make the multiplier 1.1, which is 110%.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

How can I upload an image to BGWiki? I keep getting redirected to wikicommons. Iv'e uploaded images before to BGWiki, but now its just being unreasonable. The template search for an image is just a template, but no instructions on how to actually upload it. Again redirect to wikicommons. I'm not willing to learn all the code and text walls that google came up with, can someone please just make direct me to a more simple and user friendly approach to upload a pic and be done with it? I'm not tech savy and would like to at least learn to upload a pic to BGwiki without having to make nuclear launch coordinates. Thank you very much for your time.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Yojimmbo.Asura View Post
    How can I upload an image to BGWiki? I keep getting redirected to wikicommons. Iv'e uploaded images before to BGWiki, but now its just being unreasonable. The template search for an image is just a template, but no instructions on how to actually upload it. Again redirect to wikicommons. I'm not willing to learn all the code and text walls that google came up with, can someone please just make direct me to a more simple and user friendly approach to upload a pic and be done with it? I'm not tech savy and would like to at least learn to upload a pic to BGwiki without having to make nuclear launch coordinates. Thank you very much for your time.
    Thanks for the suggestion, and I see you did upload a couple of the new Ambuscade weapon appearances to the wiki so thanks for that.

I will make a note on how to do this on the Getting Started page.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You're welcome, I plan to build them all eventually for visual purposes. A question regarding uploading of Pulse Panoplia, and most other pics. Can a guideline/standard be created for uploading the pics of the weapon? When SE announced Pulse weapons a pic of a male Hume in a gearset holding the Great Axe, showing the details of the animation. I attempted to replicate this in Pulse pics by stylelocking a gearset, removing my name, and taking a pic to show the weapons animation. It's not a big deal but I really think that there should be a set of guidelines to follow before the Pulse pics get filled with long lost ninjitsu techniques or fearsome wings while weapon skilling invade the page /sadness /concern

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

We will make something up for a standard for these types of pictures.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast