+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Tekki's Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

I didn't see it, the only star wars I like is where anakin talks about sand.

I watched it and liked it quite a bit. Very End of Watch which I also liked and I think it's the same director.
    I thought all the effects and make up were great but I'm not sure why it needed to be a fantasy movie. Usually you have magic in stories like this because something big happens and magic is a cause of it but here nothing really does. You could replace the rookie orc with a mexican cop and wand with some sort of bag of money and it be the same movie.

I stick my dick in Crayfish
    BG Level

Watched it thinking it was going to be super dumb, walked away pleasantly surprised.

Fun movie.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I liked it; felt slow-paced sometimes, but overall, was enjoyable. Kinda weird seeing Will Smith curse so much.

The sequel was actually confirmed before this was even released, so there's that.

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Did this thread always have the Shadowrun subtitle? Cause it exactly describes how I feel about this movie and why I was disappointed.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alvinho View Post
    I liked it; felt slow-paced sometimes, but overall, was enjoyable. Kinda weird seeing Will Smith curse so much.

The sequel was actually confirmed before this was even released, so there's that.
    this, so much

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Not his best movie by a long shot, but definitely enjoyable and will watch the sequel

Quote Originally Posted by Alvinho View Post

IIRC, wasn't he sort of doing the same for the Bad Boys movies?

As long as the world shown is expanded upon (and in a good way please), I'm down with more Bright movies.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

The greatest scene in movie history.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Fact.

The script for that scene should be put up in the Smithsonian for its historical significance.

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    this, so much
    We have come a long way from getting jiggy with it and eminem calling him out for his clean lyrical positions.

Bright
    Spoiler: show

Bright was enjoyable, for me at least it def seemed to get weaker the closer you got to the end. Wish they took the time to make a much better stand alone product rather than leaving a lot of glaring problems and having them written off as a setup for a sequel. Like everyone else I really dug the little bit of history and world building we got but at the same time it felt a bit off, especially in the dialogue between jakoby and will smith making it seem more like other races were a recent transplant to this world rather than things that were part of it from it's inception. The dialogue in alien nation felt a lot more natural since they were a recent thing and were still in the very early phases of understanding each others cultures. Really though the only time where I really found myself pulled out of the movie and wondering why this was happening is when the 3 inferni attacked them at the gas station and they were toned down like 10x powerlevel wise from where they were 20min prior, you have them going from instant headshots without looking and literally sonic/goku speed shifting through bullets to being unable to hit someone on the ground with damn near a thousand rounds and at times physically losing to an normal LAPD officer after crushing orc throats etc. How your boy Will gonna block a knife attack when these elfscum throwing supersonic punches while acrobating through the sky earlier smdh

Enjoyable though and def worth a netflix watch. Only question I had is if the homeless lookin dude swinging the sword was some sort of quasi giant race or just a huge ass dude.

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Not sure if it would have worked or not, but movie left me wishing they had some sort of LOTR intro explanation of past events even though it might have been butchered. You got people saying tanks and bombs aint gonna stop no big bad magic boi but bullets seemed to work fine enough on his followers.

I mean shit, who doesn't want to see a bunch of qt ass roony mara lookin elves goin hard on some ancient orc clans in some sort of magic hellscape.

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    The greatest scene in movie history.

Kawhi the Kingslayer looks so young bruh.

I really liked Bright and surprisingly my wife did too. She usually hates nerd fantasy shit.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Minus some of the racial undertone stuff, I enjoyed it. The ending wasn't very good though - wish they spent more than a minute on it.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    Kawhi the Kingslayer looks so young bruh.

I really liked Bright and surprisingly my wife did too. She usually hates nerd fantasy shit.
    dammit rofl

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Nielsen: 11M Views on the Opening Weekend
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...e-nielsen-says

So it looks like they've released additional information regarding magic use, Brights, wands, and the Dark Lord.

https://twitter.com/BrightNetflix/st...23672717664257

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

haha I love their jab at the big structures! Fun educational vid.

After watching Bright again, I noticed some things that could be missed through the first time watching the film. Another shot of a Centaur cop, and possible shots of extra races-- Lizard people and a Dwarf cop.

Spoiler: show

__

And yes, I realize the last two pictures are likely just an actor with dwarfism cast, but for lore purposes it seems that was probably the intent of the people in charge of the film.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

Just watched this. Setting was pretty damn cool. Like if LotRs and Training Day made a baby film.
    Kinda wish this was a mini-series or something so we can get more world building since the setting is the best part