Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Out of the BLU Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Rejected View Post
    Recently started using your advanced lua from the pastebin, just wanted to let you know Occultation, White Wind, Battery Charge, and Regeneration weren't swapping to midcast sets. Edited the midcast function to get it to work like so:

if BlueMagic_Buffs:contains(spell.english) or BlueMagic_Healing:contains(spell.english) or BlueMagic_Skill:contains(spell.english) or spell.skill == 'Enhancing Magic' or spell.skill == 'Healing Magic' or spell.skill == 'Blue Magic' then
    mc_Magic(spell, act)

Needed to add Blue Magic skill here because those spells aren't mapped like the rest.
    Okay, sorry for the long delay, but I just checked it, and not only does your addition break the TH rule this comes before, but it also wasnt necessary. Occultation, White Wind, etc all worked already in the "advanced" lua. I will eventually update and remove the other ones in case this isn't the case with those though.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Pastebin decided that it wants to destroy its platform so I have moved my .luas to Github. Their "Smart" filter is preventing me from pasting .luas at all, profanity or not.

As a result please see: https://github.com/Spicyryan/Gearswap-Luas

I have removed the old BLU luas, and added a "Basic" and an "Advanced"

Advanced has the alt +f12 lock gear function removed, as people likely didnt need it anyway 99% of the time, and added extra layers. These likely ended up looking confusing to anyone trying to add on to the .lua. It also removes the Tizona AM3 DT sets which were more situational than I felt need be there. They are obviously still in my personal one. A couple of other personalization. Waifu ring is gone and Councilors' Garb is in.

As for the "Basic" it removes further from the advanced. Auto DW is removed, and a manual DW is shoved into the TP array. As well as TP Acc Lite being removed. Finally, WS sets were taken from AttackUncap, AttackCap, Accuracy to just Attack and Accuracy.

That is about it. Not really a reason to use the Advanced, but hey it was on the way to making the Basic. Maybe I will remove the Advanced in time and only have a Basic and my personal .lua.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Removed a large section from the BLU guide. The "Armored From the Bottom" part which mostly included now outdated armor from years ago. It was rather needless, and extra work at best.

I think this says it all:

'''Working on upgrading this whole section slowly''' --[[User:Spicyryan|Spicyryan]] ([[User talk:Spicyryan|talk]]) 17:11, 18 July 2017 (EDT)
    *WELL! GUESS THAT NEVER HAPPENED! --[[User:Spicyryan|Spicyryan]] ([[User talk:Spicyryan|talk]]) 21:54, 11 December 2020 (EST)
    That being said, after the podcast Fox and I recorded tonight. I want to add in sections for niche things on the job, and sets for evasion or maybe even counter builds as well as discussing use. At the very least, the length was cut down.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Blu guide help

I cant get the back pieces to swap everything else works great the back pieces do swap around with other pieces but the Rosmerta's capes wont except the WSD with Expiacion
    but then wont swap back if it does be great if i could get some help with it i'm not the best at this gearswap lua stuff

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Maldrious View Post
    I cant get the back pieces to swap everything else works great the back pieces do swap around with other pieces but the Rosmerta's capes wont except the WSD with Expiacion
    but then wont swap back if it does be great if i could get some help with it i'm not the best at this gearswap lua stuff
    You likely have different augments than what is written in the lua.

Equip the cape. //export. Find the export folder in the gearswap folder, and then open the export. Copy paste the cape augment.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

will give that a try haven't done before i did put in my augments but it didnt work will get back to u on it thanks

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

that did the trick so the way it reads on the back and the way the text is read by is different so the stat on the back shows DEX+26 but on text in lua it DEX+20 DEX+6 thanks for the help

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Maldrious View Post
    that did the trick so the way it reads on the back and the way the text is read by is different so the stat on the back shows DEX+26 but on text in lua it DEX+20 DEX+6 thanks for the help
    Np, good job getting it working.

Can change that 6 to a 10 when it's done.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Updated the ring section to Shneddick only. I still have every intention of fixing up or removing old stuff from the guide. Just have other more pressing wiki stuff first.