Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Out of the BLU Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Out of the BLU Discussion

Since the guide has eclipsed 100,000 view I figured there should probably be a thread for it.

Feel free to ask any BLU questions or suggestions for the guide here.

Nerf BLU

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

woah spicey, 100k views. YTMND

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sirious View Post
    Nerf BLU
    Quote Originally Posted by D44kpunk View Post
    woah spicey, 100k views. YTMND
    Thread is already on the way to delivering.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Added the new BLU .luas I made to the guide as well as instructions on getting started with gearswap.

Also updated food choices because why not.

August is the two year anniversary of the guide as well. Whe~ew.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I made myself a spreadsheet to check off spells. Would this be of use to the guide? Basic sheet links to the BG-wiki spell pages, and monster family for each. Then did a sheet that color-coded the spells the guide says you can skip.

Also, I'm in eFlooziesXI as Hary.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post
    I made myself a spreadsheet to check off spells. Would this be of use to the guide? Basic sheet links to the BG-wiki spell pages, and monster family for each. Then did a sheet that color-coded the spells the guide says you can skip.

Also, I'm in eFlooziesXI as Hary.
    Hey, thanks.

Send it to me over the eFlooziesXI discord.

Chances are I'd be glad to add I to the guide.

EDIT: It ended up just being better to stick with the option we already have on the wiki.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

So I just got done skimming through this and I have to say it's a good read. And I want to say something else. I've given you shit about shitposting in General and what not, but dude, you are really great at posting XI stuff. Really great work that you should be proud of. I honestly do not recall anything about you on other forums but here, at least in XI, I don't think I've seen bad posts. Maybe that Drg shit, but lolDrg. Thanks for your contributions.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    So I just got done skimming through this and I have to say it's a good read. And I want to say something else. I've given you shit about shitposting in General and what not, but dude, you are really great at posting XI stuff. Really great work that you should be proud of. I honestly do not recall anything about you on other forums but here, at least in XI, I don't think I've seen bad posts. Maybe that Drg shit, but lolDrg. Thanks for your contributions.
    Heh, I never held anything personal against you either

Thanks.

I feel the need to skim and try and cut down on text in guides like the BLU one. To make it more in line with how I have been handling the DRG, RUN, THF, 1-119. Maintenance on a lot of text is a nightmare (already completely rewrote Out of the BLU once already), so I have been trying to get away from the first guides like Out of the BLU and Returning to Vana'diel with all their text. At the same time Out of the BLU remains the only guide I purposely like to throw stupid shit and puns into all over the place, sort of it's thing.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It has been awhile, and the guide is due for yet another update/style improvement, but I am still working on the wiki in general more.
    Aiming for a December/January line in the sand on getting to that though. More or less I wanted to finish the user page stuff for the general wiki use, and just put my endgame sets for BLU there since I am staying away from having endgame sets in the guide.

At any rate, I added the +2/3 relic set "SHOULD I MAKE THIS?!" notes to the guide.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Removed the old endgame crap at the bottom, and I am writing about my take on BLUs place/role in specific events. This is being done on a "okay, I am in the right mood" basis, and will obviously be better than "here is my solo video for this NM" with a few paragraphs beneath it.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I have a question that people I've asked in game can't answer. Right now I'm trying to farm Warder of Love. None of my AoE spells (Entomb, Floe, Sub, Crush) are hitting the adds when casted on WoL. If casted on an add, they only hit one add. However, they will hit any surrounding mob like say a clinoid. Any idea why?

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I have a question that people I've asked in game can't answer. Right now I'm trying to farm Warder of Love. None of my AoE spells (Entomb, Floe, Sub, Crush) are hitting the adds when casted on WoL. If casted on an add, they only hit one add. However, they will hit any surrounding mob like say a clinoid. Any idea why?
    The AoEs are ~10' from you the caster, not the target.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I forgot to come back to this. I for sure missed that part of how it works with BLU. I adjusted and after some time collected everything I needed off WoL.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I forgot to come back to this. I for sure missed that part of how it works with BLU. I adjusted and after some time collected everything I needed off WoL.
    Nice yob

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Aggramar

Recently returned to the game myself and want to get back into BLU. This guide is gonna be a huge help along the way, thanks for making it. <3

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Togira4427 View Post
    Recently returned to the game myself and want to get back into BLU. This guide is gonna be a huge help along the way, thanks for making it. <3
    NP.

Thank me when I finally update it, again.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Recently started using your advanced lua from the pastebin, just wanted to let you know Occultation, White Wind, Battery Charge, and Regeneration weren't swapping to midcast sets. Edited the midcast function to get it to work like so:

if BlueMagic_Buffs:contains(spell.english) or BlueMagic_Healing:contains(spell.english) or BlueMagic_Skill:contains(spell.english) or spell.skill == 'Enhancing Magic' or spell.skill == 'Healing Magic' or spell.skill == 'Blue Magic' then
    mc_Magic(spell, act)

Needed to add Blue Magic skill here because those spells aren't mapped like the rest.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Rejected View Post
    Recently started using your advanced lua from the pastebin, just wanted to let you know Occultation, White Wind, Battery Charge, and Regeneration weren't swapping to midcast sets. Edited the midcast function to get it to work like so:

if BlueMagic_Buffs:contains(spell.english) or BlueMagic_Healing:contains(spell.english) or BlueMagic_Skill:contains(spell.english) or spell.skill == 'Enhancing Magic' or spell.skill == 'Healing Magic' or spell.skill == 'Blue Magic' then
    mc_Magic(spell, act)

Needed to add Blue Magic skill here because those spells aren't mapped like the rest.
    I am not on at the moment to check, but I always seem to see my Occultation gear coming on in EquipViewer. I just reposted my lua at the very moment over what was there. Thanks a lot for letting me know though, I will check it out.

When I get around to that, probably in about a week or so at the earliest ( > ) then I will also look at the other BLU .luas.

Thanks a lot for letting me know, and also joining the forums just to say it. <3

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    Thanks a lot for letting me know, and also joining the forums just to say it. <3
    No problem!