+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    Found a local store carrying a Asus Radeon RX 570 4GB ROG STRIX for 20$ over MSRP (200$). Woot.
    that's pretty sweet all things considered.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

JayZ2Cents will no longer accept Radeon products. Thread on reddit is a good read regarding this. I think most that cruise Tech here know I've used a lot of AMD video cards and always have said they are the best bang for the buck. But after this nonsense from the Vega release I will be buying a GTX 1080 TI.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

When a bunch of reviewers started coming out about this, it sounded the exact same as politics. Some things were said that they loved and the actual context was low played. Many of them mentioned the stuff about SEP and MSRP but i honestly didnt know there was a difference.

i have to ask whats the availability difference here in comparison to say CPUs at launch, graphics cards, NAND, etc.

I still think its too early to judge the situation since its just launched. If nothing changes after a month or so, then condemnation confirmed but the companies worth is in how they respond and fix these issues foe customers.

i.e: EVGA sending out free thermal pads for the 10 series when they literally forgot to put it in. And anyone that wasnt comfortable, theyd get sent one.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

seeing that their super duper Vega GPU draws 300W by itself (350W for the liquid variant) was already pretty funny to me. Price shenanigans = icing on the cake

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Soooo Vega poos on Pascal in Forza 7.
    23% at 1080p, 12% at 1440p and -8% at 4k - but it has better frame pacing at 4k.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Oh? Any links to benchmarks? Not that it matters all that much co considering availability is still iffy.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk