Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yeah, but if you're using say, Godhands instead, it'd take 10-15 MA in gear to cap delay.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    By my math, it appeared to me that much of anything above what MNK gets naturally is going to push you over into STP- territory.

Using my earlier example, delay formula w/ capped gear/magic haste for Spharai should be:
    (596-210)*(.3125) = 120.625

cap) 596*0.2=119.2

That's awfully darn close, and close enough that I definitely can't pick out 1/60th of a second.
    If you pick up the remaining MA+5 that I predict would be needed to perfectly cap, would be:
    (596-215)*(.3125) = 119.0625

That's under what it should be, but depending on how precise their rounding is, I might've been off by 1. Anything over MA+5 from gear though, assuming capped gear/magic haste, would result in lost TP w/ no benefit. Am I misunderstanding how the formula somewhere?
    Ok now you are rearranging it to make it look like less by putting it terms of final effective delay. We were looking at in terms of actual delay not the effective reduced. Yes it's close you also asked if your math was off. It was it's off by 3 delay. It's ok

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Question: it seems like you'd be using ja more often on monk, would ja delay fuck things up in regards to any improvements the ja changes would have made?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Fun stuff that I've tested badly:
    • Boost only applies to the first melee hit of multihit ws. Consistent ~8k Dragon Kicks w/o Boost, and consistent ~11k Dragon Kick with Boost active. Asuran Fists went up by only ~900 w/ Boost. Proved myself wrong. ^^
    • You can not engage until the full Boost buff duration is over. Gives the "you can't do that yet" error message, even if you consume the buff w/ Chi Blast.
    • If Boost is used up by an autoattack, it is a single fist only.
    • Dodge gives a flat eva+100 buff @ 99MNK regardless of gear.
    • Focus gives a flat acc+100 buff @ 99MNK regardless of gear.
    • Chi Blast is still affected by and consumes Boost. 155dmg normal, 1024dmg w/ Boost. Seems like this is a pretty big increase, maybe equal to 6+ charges before? If so, then actually seems like not-a-bad-thing.
    • Boost TP Bonus = 1x melee swing worth of TP.
    • Baseline duration for Boost for a naked 99MNK is 17.x sec. Oddly, it is the same even with gear on and capped gear haste. MA+ from gear and magic haste does lower the duration. Weapon delay does increase it.

Overall, I'd say everything was a plus, though maybe not where/how ppl were hoping/expecting for. Testing courtesy of my MNK mule Pettanko. Sample sizes were all single digit, but should be enough to identify general trends. The engaging delay actually feels like a bug to me, but don't feel like posting a bug report.

The damage differences were large enough for Dragon Kick that I'm now gonna try /mnk to see how badly it compares to main job use.

... /mnk stuff:
    • Focus/Dodge effects reduced to 50, so 1/2 main job.
    • Boost delay functions the same and is reduced by your current haste.
    • Boost TP Bonus on melee swings is identical to mainjob, 1x mainhand swing worth of TP.

I have no idea where you're getting those numbers from.

My dragon kicks, howling fists, tornado kicks are all damn near identical with and without boost. and +gear already was said to increase acc/eva

16:18:25 Dragon Kick
    16:18:25 7899 Dragon Kick

16:19:11 Boost
    16:19:13 Dragon Kick
    16:19:13 7035 Dragon Kick

it does actually work on ChiBlast though and Physical attacks

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yes, Boost is currently not working on any WSs, single hit or not.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

OK! I concede that Boost is not working on WS. I finally figured out what was causing the large variances earlier, and retesting while watching for that proved to me that there is no noticeable difference w/ Boost. That mule that I was messing with earlier has Sylvie(UC)... Whenever either Fury/Frailty drops, damage drops by ~3k. >_>;;; One odd thing I noticed was that I've not once gotten a multiattack proc on a Boosted WS, even when I was aiming to do so, and I've done at least 100 Boost+WS today w/ each of two diff characters.

I'm pretty confident the rest of my observations stand at least. XD

EDIT: I just posted two Boost related bug reports, everyone not-banned go support them. XD

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

If they fix the Boost issue, what about PUP/MNK going forward as a viable combo?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

MNK's JAs are halved in potency when subbed, so I can't see it being better than /war.

OK! I concede that Boost is not working on WS. I finally figured out what was causing the large variances earlier, and retesting while watching for that proved to me that there is no noticeable difference w/ Boost. That mule that I was messing with earlier has Sylvie(UC)... Whenever either Fury/Frailty drops, damage drops by ~3k. >_>;;; One odd thing I noticed was that I've not once gotten a multiattack proc on a Boosted WS, even when I was aiming to do so, and I've done at least 100 Boost+WS today w/ each of two diff characters.

I'm pretty confident the rest of my observations stand at least. XD

EDIT: I just posted two Boost related bug reports, everyone not-banned go support them. XD
    I fuckin told you so. This is why no one bothers replying to you. You're always wrong or flat out bullshitting. It's irritating as shit. When you test you don't use trusts.

And you're so fucking smug about it. This asshole has the nerve to yell that he's right and everyone else is wrong.

Oh I don't listen to other people *^^* I'm always right *^^* I do my own testing *^^* I can't be wrong, I know what I'm doing *^^*

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Not Monk related... but did anyone else notice the new weapons, Beryllium Tachi/+1, are Great Katanas that both NIN and SAM can equip, but, unless mistranslated, give Katana Skill+288, instead of Great Katana Skill+288?

Old Merits
    BG Level

Mistranslated, Great Katana skill according to JP item text.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Whats this effect on the new Wapons? The jobs gain Access to that weaponskill?

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    Whats this effect on the new Wapons? The jobs gain Access to that weaponskill?
    If you wear it you can use it.

THF/WAR can't use > equip hep sapara > access to swift blade > tanmo/sapara no swift blade

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Sirious View Post
    I fuckin told you so. This is why no one bothers replying to you. You're always wrong or flat out bullshitting. It's irritating as shit. When you test you don't use trusts.

And you're so fucking smug about it. This asshole has the nerve to yell that he's right and everyone else is wrong.

Oh I don't listen to other people *^^* I'm always right *^^* I do my own testing *^^* I can't be wrong, I know what I'm doing *^^*
    Instead of being an aggressive asshat, try questioning variables. If you had asked about what Trusts I used, I would've caught the issue much sooner.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Instead of being an aggressive asshat, try questioning variables. If you had asked about what Trusts I used, I would've caught the issue much sooner.
    Disregarding the fact that he most certainly is one angry man, you'd catch so much less flak if you made an effort not to put smileys at the end of almost every single sentence you write, as you successfully did with this post. You explained why you're doing that, but trust me, you're achieving the polar opposite.

Just some friendly advice, though.

If you actually knew how to test something you wouldn't use trusts that cause variables. It's common sense.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So anyone figure out the apparatus puzzle yet?

Campaign
    BG Level

• If Boost is used up by an autoattack, it is a single fist only.
    Difficult to test but... what about Multiattack procs of THAT single first? Would they benefit from Boost?

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sirious View Post

Seriously man, if that's all you have to say I warmly suggest to get a valium before your next post. Might help both you and everybody else on the forum.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast