Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Yeah, I'm a little grumpier than usual. Shes been pissing me off for more than a month with this shit.

It's one thing to simply be wrong, happens to everyone, but its another to be a wrong and be an arrogant dbag about it.

Every interaction I've had with them is like that. It takes a very special kind of stupid to make me want to literally slap the shit out of you through the screen, and on purpose or accidentally she does it.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sirious View Post
    Yeah, I'm a little grumpier than usual. Shes been pissing me off for more than a month with this shit.

It's one thing to simply be wrong, happens to everyone, but its another to be a wrong and be an arrogant dbag about it.

Every interaction I've had with them is like that. It takes a very special kind of stupid to make me want to literally slap the shit out of you through the screen, and on purpose or accidentally she does it.
    You really should get the fuck over it instead of acting like a vibrator that turned on inside someone's nightside table.

Or, she could just quit being a fucking idiot, this isn't an isolated incident. But your idea is great too salty.

While I know it's the unpopular opinion, and I'm not the only one that feels that way, I'm the only one with the balls to say it.

But yeah, let's drop it.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

This is coming from the guy who spent 50 posts bitching about why SE cant add macc to checkparam, despite no less than 6 unique posters explaining, in great detail, why it cant be done.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    This is coming from the guy who spent 50 posts bitching about why SE cant add macc to checkparam, despite no less than 6 unique posters explaining, in great detail, why it cant be done.
    Well this makes even more sense then. Just a warped view of justice and reality then.

But hey at least they have the balls to be dumb, amirite?! No one else does apparently!

Anyway, what do we all win for calling that MNK would still suck?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    We win not having to use mnk still

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Difficult to test but... what about Multiattack procs of THAT single first? Would they benefit from Boost?
    Not once did I ever get a multi-attack proc with Boost up according to TP return. I'm guessing it's a proc itself, or prevents procs from occurring. It's doing something to replace a normal auto-attack round w/ a single mainhand hit tho.

There is hope still that they will adjust Boost delay to remove the bugginess from it since my bug reports are still in the "Accepted" forum and haven't been round-filed yet. Being unable to engage if Boost is up (or Boost delay is still ticking after using Chi Blast) just screams BUG! to me and truly hope the devs are not in love enough with the new functionality to ignore this particular issue.

Was thinking about how it may be intended to be used, and if you stack MA gear for Boost to hit the 4sec duration, then pop 2x JAs, it should actually be a non-damage loss I think? No JP 119MNK in my general use gear w/ capped magic haste was able to hit ~7sec mark, so it doesn't seem impossible. If they fix the WS interaction, could be rather nice actually. Kinda fun seeing 5k non-crit punches. lol (Don't remember if I saw any crits on Boosted auto-attack, has anyone else?)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah check the ah there are people getting crit relic proc ones at like 24k or something

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    We win not having to use mnk still
    Christmas in July August.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Yeah check the ah there are people getting crit relic proc ones at like 24k or something
    ._.;; Couldn't that actually make this worthwhile once the engage bug is fixed? At least for jobs that have a way to reduce delay other than gear haste.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Well my eyes totally glossed over this fact: Guide Beret gives Experience bonus, Sprout gives capacity bonus... Before I was reading as both got a exp bonus and i was like meeeeh. why does the "newer" character get a better hat?!

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

so let me wraped this up: All the MNK changes did squat shit to MNK?! BARANCU!
    They should have changed Boost to some form of Sneak attack with a STR modifier instead of this shit they did

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I tested what Boost does exactly and listed it in the Mathy Parts forum, if anyone is interested.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    ._.;; Couldn't that actually make this worthwhile once the engage bug is fixed? At least for jobs that have a way to reduce delay other than gear haste.
    Maybe in 4 years

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Difficult to test but... what about Multiattack procs of THAT single first? Would they benefit from Boost?
    As far as I can tell, it can't multi-attack at all. Boost > Assassin's Charge made a single attack and left the AC buff active. Next round triple attacked as expected.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    you can always just engage first and then hit boost. It is kind of odd that it acts like you're weakened and can't engage right after using it though. but then it's also odd that is has 0 effect on ws so it's just broken.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Ever since SE fixed the disengage + engage exploit to reset delay, you can't engage while on standard attack delay cooldown, and since hitting Boost starts the long delay it has, you can't engage until it wears. It's a logical consquence of how the JA works, though it is admittedly incredibly annoying. SE might give Boost an exception, but who knows.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    I tested what Boost does exactly and listed it in the Mathy Parts forum, if anyone is interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    Ever since SE fixed the disengage + engage exploit to reset delay, you can't engage while on standard attack delay cooldown, and since hitting Boost starts the long delay it has, you can't engage until it wears. It's a logical consquence of how the JA works, though it is admittedly incredibly annoying. SE might give Boost an exception, but who knows.
    If this is their fix for MNK then obviously they aren't going to do shit.

If this is their fix for MNK then obviously they aren't going to do shit.
    MNK is the new THF, the torch has been passed.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Skull View Post
    MNK is the new THF, the torch has been passed.
    Honestly don't believe THF was ever this useless, and even on the off chance it was or was in the minds of others then it had TH at the very least.

Nowadays a geared, buffed, and skilled THF, DNC, RUN, etc can steal a parse over others, but MNK really has terrible WS damage. It was always known for its white damage/DoT, but everything is WS damage anymore.

The day before the update I was on BLU using Tizona against Kyou in Omen. A good friend was getting cards for their monk (hoping the update buff their favorite job, hah) which was geared with some of the best it can get (HQ abjurations included) minus having a REAM weapon (Comeuppances +1 they had on would be the best outside of that) and their WS average was under 10k while mine on BLU was above 22/23k which was really pathetic for a well geared DD like them. No other job in the game would do so poorly. Even a melee COR using Savage Blade would absolutely destroy that. THF never even did that poorly by comparison either.

SE needs to check their formulas because they fucked H2H, and this update was just another nail in the coffin. Anytime a job gets focus and "buffs" SE forgets about it for awhile so MNK could truly be done for and put in a position that no other job has in the past.

I mean we live in an era where an aeonic tank (RUN) can DD better than most other jobs. What the fuck are they doing with dumbass MNK? I would say there is a better overall balance than there ever has been if you exclude lolMNKs existence.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast